PDA

View Full Version : Generation Kill

Blue
7/27/2008, 10:50 PM
I'm likin it so far. Not as much as Band of Brothers, but it seems realistic. I'm guessin I liked BOB more because of the time period.

Okla-homey
7/28/2008, 06:50 AM
I'm likin it so far. Not as much as Band of Brothers, but it seems realistic. I'm guessin I liked BOB more because of the time period.

I think its reasonably accurate in depicting the psyche of the typical grunt. I don't accept that every officer on the battlefield is a nincompoop as depicted. I know that is isn't true. Also, that sergeant major is a waaay over the top.

Turd_Ferguson
7/28/2008, 07:08 AM
I'm likin it so far. Not as much as Band of Brothers, but it seems realistic. I'm guessin I liked BOB more because of the time period.Comparing Band of Brother's to the likes of GK is blast-fo-mee!

SoonerJack
7/28/2008, 08:17 AM
Somehow I missed out on the greatness that is BOB until I netflixed it. Just watched the first two episodes this weekend. Man, good stuff. I'll have to catch GK somehow.

SweetheartSooner
7/28/2008, 10:13 AM
I love the sergeant major. He makes me laugh. His accent is classic!

StoopTroup
7/28/2008, 10:19 AM
The first of this reminds me of Dean's Tailgate. :D

EjSspRfuFEU

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 10:25 AM
I think its reasonably accurate in depicting the psyche of the typical grunt. I don't accept that every officer on the battlefield is a nincompoop as depicted. I know that is isn't true. Also, that sergeant major is a waaay over the top.

Very TRUE Col Sir :cool:
Some Of Our LTs were Great Folks and we would Die fer em
Some Like Frag mag would Just DIE;)

StoopTroup
7/28/2008, 10:30 AM
I think I would have made a great Capt. / Chaplin had I been able to join. :D ;)

CTx1QOpETvo

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 10:35 AM
I think I might have survived If I had Had to have went to That Place .
Aint sure tho :pop:

StoopTroup
2/1/2010, 12:37 PM
Watched this Series in it's entirety.

I'm with Homey on the incompetance of the Officers but I'm betting that all has to do with the Rolling Stone Reporter who seemingly did no drugs while he was on patrol at the Tip of the Spear. I call BS. They find a House full of hash and nobody snagged any?

Yeah Right....

It's laughable.

I'd have took at least one of those bricks just to watch the Reporter get stoned on it and try to get him to tell me more about his Days at "Beaver Hunt". :D

GKeeper316
2/1/2010, 02:02 PM
theres no such thing as an incompetant marine officer.

85Sooner
2/2/2010, 10:15 AM
can't wait for the "pacific" to aire.

StoopTroup
2/2/2010, 10:17 AM
theres no such thing as an incompetant marine officer.

And if there is....I'm not gonna be the one to point it out to him. I'll let someone else talk to him about it. :D

http://www.missingsaddle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Jack+Nicholson+Men.jpg