PDA

View Full Version : Dear Yankees,

Mixer!
7/27/2008, 10:11 PM
You would do well to add another SP instead of signing bums like Sexson (and possibly Barroids). Otherwise, you'll stand no chance of advancing to the post-season. Getting sh!t-hammered by the Sawx is amusing to no end.

kelloggOUballa
7/27/2008, 10:17 PM
I'm not a Yankees fan at all. In fact, I dislike them more than I like them. But, as an unbiased sports fan, I still saw them take 2 of 3 from the BoSox this weekend.

tulsaoilerfan
7/27/2008, 10:32 PM
You would do well to add another SP instead of signing bums like Sexson (and possibly Barroids). Otherwise, you'll stand no chance of advancing to the post-season. Getting sh!t-hammered by the Sawx is amusing to no end.

Where were you last night? :)

r5TPsooner
7/28/2008, 04:27 AM
Washburn should be on his way to the Bronx real soon.

JLEW1818
7/28/2008, 12:32 PM
I still see that yanks making the playoffs.

Salt City Sooner
7/28/2008, 03:00 PM
Washburn should be on his way to the Bronx real soon.
Not to mention Wang is on schedule to come off the DL in time for the stretch run. If the offense can gain any semblance of consistency, I like their chances.

tommieharris91
7/28/2008, 06:51 PM
Jorge Posada will have season-ending surgery.

JLEW1818
7/28/2008, 08:01 PM
Not to mention Wang is on schedule to come off the DL in time for the stretch run. If the offense can gain any semblance of consistency, I like their chances.

And the month of September is coming up. Benefits the yanks.

Newbomb Turk
7/28/2008, 08:25 PM
deer yankees,

bite me.

love,
newbomb

tommieharris91
7/28/2008, 08:26 PM
And the month of September is coming up. Benefits the yanks.

...? :confused:

JLEW1818
7/28/2008, 08:49 PM
Yanks get it done when it matters during the regular season. Just not in the playoffs the last few years.

I hate the yanks by the way.

tommieharris91
7/28/2008, 09:03 PM
I doubt they do this year, especially if they keep playing Jeter.

GrapevineSooner
7/28/2008, 10:41 PM
Jorge Posada will have season-ending surgery.

And I suspect one of the Rangers; catchers will be headed to the Bronx.

Echoes
7/29/2008, 02:05 PM
Huge Yankees fan here.

Crappy 2 game skid we are on right now, but we will get back on track tonight.

Don't worry, we will be in the postseason. Rays will skid down the stretch, you can count on it.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/30/2008, 03:12 AM
Looks like the Los Angeles Angels of El Segundo will own everybody else in the AL now, especially now that they acquired Big Tex.

Salt City Sooner
7/30/2008, 03:58 PM
Yankees deal Farnsworth to Detroit for some dude named Grudge, or was it smudge.....drudge....., aw fudge, I hear he's pretty decent.

The New York Yankees have found a replacement for Jorge Posada.

New York acquired catcher Ivan Rodriguez from the Tigers on Wednesday for right-handed pitcher Kyle Farnsworth.

Rodriguez, who is in the final year of his contract, waived his no-trade clause to join the Yankees, sources told ESPN.com.

"He's hitting over .290 I believe and he's been hot so we're looking forward to having him," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said after New York's 13-3 rout of the Orioles on Wednesday.

Farnsworth played for the Tigers in 2005.

Posada, a five-time All-Star catcher, announced he would have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder on Monday. He has struggled with shoulder pain for most of the season, limiting his ability to throw out baserunners and cutting down his playing time behind the plate.

On the disabled list for the second time this year, Posada was trying to rehabilitate his shoulder enough to come back as a designated hitter or first baseman this season. But after the Yankees acquired outfielder Xavier Nady in a trade with Pittsburgh on Saturday, they determined it was best for Posada to have surgery now, general manager Brian Cashman said Monday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3511535

Paperclip
7/30/2008, 04:20 PM
I just threw up.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/30/2008, 04:34 PM
I just threw up.

So did I. The thought of seeing arguably the Rangers' greatest player in franchise history donning Yankee pinstripes makes me queasy as well.

r5TPsooner
7/30/2008, 04:47 PM
Wow, the Yanks gave up nuthin for Pudge.

Paperclip
7/30/2008, 04:54 PM
Is Brandon Inge ready to be an everyday catcher? Man, I don't know. I love the guy, but we'll have to see. As far as relief pitching, Farnsworth's not any worse than anyone else we're throwing out there.

JLEW1818
7/30/2008, 05:02 PM
Dang Yankees

tommieharris91
7/30/2008, 05:19 PM
Meh, Pudge has been pretty average this season. Farnsworth hasn't been a good reliever. This is a trade that shouldn't get the hype it's getting, just because it's Pudge and the Yankees.

r5TPsooner
7/30/2008, 08:50 PM
Meh, Pudge has been pretty average this season. Farnsworth hasn't been a good reliever. This is a trade that shouldn't get the hype it's getting, just because it's Pudge and the Yankees.

A .290 batting average for an every day catcher is pretty good. Especially if you factor his age into it. Plus, he's better than what the Yankees have now with Posada done for the year.

Farnsworth could be an awesome MLB closer he has nothing between his ears.

Paperclip
7/30/2008, 09:49 PM
The Tigers sure don't have a closer now. Leyland replaced Todd Jones with Fernando Rodney over the weekend. Rodney gave up a run last night and blew a save tonight.

Scott D
7/30/2008, 11:54 PM
Pudge misses Uggie. Maybe the Steinbrenners can get him a conjugal visit in the Venezuelan prison.

Mixer!
8/1/2008, 04:00 PM
The Sawx gave the Yankees an early Christmas present by getting rid of the player who was always in the heads of the Yankees pitchers. I expect Ortiz to walk in every plate appearance vs. the Yankees from here on out.

tommieharris91
8/2/2008, 02:09 AM
A .290 batting average for an every day catcher is pretty good. Especially if you factor his age into it. Plus, he's better than what the Yankees have now with Posada done for the year.

Not when that .295 BA comes attached to a .295/.338/.416 line. His OPS is about league-average.

Farnsworth could be an awesome MLB closer he has nothing between his ears.

I remember Kyle Farnsworth. Straight fastball, but really fast. Decent slider. Isn't very smart. He could tackle back then though. But he walks an awful lot of people for a reliever. That 1.35 WHIP isn't very pretty.

r5TPsooner
8/2/2008, 01:56 PM
Looks like Wang might be gone for the season unless Yanks make the playoffs, which they won't.

GrapevineSooner
8/4/2008, 10:25 PM
And Justin...err...Joba Chamberlain hurt his shoulder tonight and had to leave in the 5th. If he's gone for any significant amount of time, it's gonna put the Yanks in a real bind.

r5TPsooner
8/4/2008, 11:45 PM
I think that they're done anyway. Besides, the Angels are coming out of the AL this year IMHO.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/6/2008, 12:24 AM
I think that they're done anyway. Besides, the Angels are coming out of the AL this year IMHO.

Agreed on both counts.

tommieharris91
8/6/2008, 12:53 AM
Joba will supposedly see Dr. Death tomorrow. It just sounds like they're gonna be drinkin buddies afterwards, though.

Frozen Sooner
8/6/2008, 01:59 AM
So did I. The thought of seeing arguably the Rangers' greatest player in franchise history donning Yankee pinstripes makes me queasy as well.

Mariners fans give you no sympathy. NONE.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/7/2008, 12:49 AM
Mariners fans give you no sympathy. NONE.
Oh yeah, I forgot that your franchise never recovered after giving away Danny Tartabull to the Royals. Who later became a Yankee.

GrapevineSooner
8/7/2008, 10:28 AM
But they still got Jay Buhner.

How could the Yanks trade Buhner?!!

Salt City Sooner
8/8/2008, 01:15 AM
But they still got Jay Buhner.

How could the Yanks trade Buhner?!!
How could the Yanks trade (insert any number of a truckload of good players from that era)?!! They were a case study in that the "win right now" mentality can jump up & bite a team that doesn't have good sense about it. There comes a time when you've got to let your Derek Jeter's, Alfonso Soriano's, & Robby Cano's develop.

Oh, & BTW, from the whodathunkit file, any Yankee fan (including myself) who says that before the season, that they were imagining asking themselves the question "Where would we be without Mike Mussina?", STOP LYING. I'd be surprised if they make the post-season now that Joba's pretty much gone, but they'd be staring 5th place right in the face were it not for Moose.

Scott D
8/8/2008, 08:48 AM
how was a LF/RF/DH preventing the Yankees from having any infielders come up through the system? :)

Paperclip
8/8/2008, 09:34 AM
You people need to watch more Seinfeld.

r5TPsooner
8/8/2008, 10:42 AM
How could the Yanks trade (insert any number of a truckload of good players from that era)?!! They were a case study in that the "win right now" mentality can jump up & bite a team that doesn't have good sense about it. There comes a time when you've got to let your Derek Jeter's, Alfonso Soriano's, & Robby Cano's develop.

Oh, & BTW, from the whodathunkit file, any Yankee fan (including myself) who says that before the season, that they were imagining asking themselves the question "Where would we be without Mike Mussina?", STOP LYING. I'd be surprised if they make the post-season now that Joba's pretty much gone, but they'd be staring 5th place right in the face were it not for Moose.

I'm still pizzed off that they traded Soriano. Cano at 2nd and Soriano in the outfield. That would've been ninja sweet.

tommieharris91
8/8/2008, 12:04 PM
Well, they did get that Alex Rodriguez bum for Soriano.

r5TPsooner
8/8/2008, 01:05 PM
Well, they did get that Alex Rodriguez bum for Soriano.

Honestly Tommie, as a Yankee fan, I would have rather kept Soriano. Better teammate and a very good player in his own right w/o the drama. Plus he actually showed up for a playoff game or two.

tommieharris91
8/8/2008, 01:48 PM
Honestly Tommie, as a Yankee fan, I would have rather kept Soriano. Better teammate and a very good player in his own right w/o the drama. Plus he actually showed up for a playoff game or two.

Typical. Why you guys hate ARod is something I never understand. I don't think you could stand Soriano and his unwillingness to bat anywhere other than 1st. Or his strikeouts. Or his bad defense. Or the fact that Soriano doesn't produce at the plate as much as ARod.

Rodriguez (http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/rodrial01.shtml)
Soriano (http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/soriaal01.shtml)

Frozen Sooner
8/8/2008, 02:03 PM
I can tell you why I hate A-Rod pretty succinctly.

tommieharris91
8/8/2008, 02:11 PM
I can tell you why I hate A-Rod pretty succinctly.

And I don't blame you.

r5TPsooner
8/8/2008, 06:42 PM
I'd still take Soriano over A-Rod anyday.

GrapevineSooner
8/9/2008, 10:36 AM
Soriano = Sorry A-Hole

At least in my book. I personally don't like A-Rod. But even I as a Rangers and Red Sox fan have to admit there are few players in the game that produce as much as him.

Well, except for this last four game series between the Yanks and Rangers where he went 0 for 14 and somehow produced 18 outs. :D

r5TPsooner
8/19/2008, 09:30 AM
Pavano to possibly start on Saturday?

Wow, I forgot we signed him....years ago!

Scott D
8/19/2008, 03:48 PM
what's the over under on him making it past two innings?

r5TPsooner
8/19/2008, 05:03 PM
what's the over under on him making it past two innings?

A dirty jock strap.:D

Mixer!
9/14/2008, 10:09 PM
So Hank has stated that Girardi will be back next year, and could add C.C. & ManRam to the lineup. Who's gone besides Damon?

tommieharris91
9/14/2008, 10:38 PM
I'll LOL when CC turns into Carl Pavano part 2.

Scott D
9/15/2008, 12:23 AM
except CC's been established as a quality lefty for awhile. Pavano got paid off of one good year with the Expos.