PDA

View Full Version : Obama Bounce!

Okla-homey
7/27/2008, 06:46 PM
Still tight, but BHO ahead by a nose. Still three months left. Stay tuned.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Barack Obama attracts 46% of the vote while John McCain earns 41%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 49% and McCain 44%. McCain’s numbers are up a point from yesterday while Obama’s remain unchanged. Obama is viewed favorably by 56% of voters, McCain by 55%. Tracking Polls are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day. Rasmussen Markets data gives Obama a 63.5% chance of winning the White House.

tommieharris91
7/27/2008, 06:56 PM
Drudge says Obama has an 8-pt lead. But I'm pretty sure Drudge is one of Obama's closest disciples nowadays.

DeadSolidPerfect
7/28/2008, 06:28 AM
Obama has a 9 pt lead according to gallup. He'll need to go to Berlin every month to keep a 9 pt. lead. The race will tighten up again in a week.

Whet
7/28/2008, 07:45 AM
Geez Homey, where have you been? THE RACE IS OVER - thus proclaimed NYT, WP, AP, MSNBC, CBS, etc.

Our savior is here to save us from the evil ones!

LesNessman
7/28/2008, 11:28 AM
The race ain't over, but it's not looking good for McCain:

http://www.lucianne.com/routine/images/07-28-08.jpg

Okla-homey
7/28/2008, 11:54 AM
You know, historically speaking of course, when the press has attempted to influence public opinion, that influence has rarely been in the people's best interest.

just sayin'

LesNessman
7/28/2008, 12:30 PM
You know, historically speaking of course, when the press has attempted to influence public opinion, that influence has rarely been in the people's best interest.

just sayin'

Yes, as it is now.

I think all this liberal media bias and Obama-love-fest crap will backfire. It's getting the point of being nauseating.

Just think if there was actually evenhanded, unbiased coverage of each candidate. Truly, McCain would be ahead by probably 20 points.

Of course, Obamawe...I mean Newsweek would have to find something else to put on its cover.

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2008, 12:38 PM
Obama has a 9 pt lead according to gallup. He'll need to go to Berlin every month to keep a 9 pt. lead. The race will tighten up again in a week.

It won't stay tight. Polls showed Carter and Reagan that close throughout the '80 campaign and we know how that turned out.

Like it or not, Obama is going to win in the closest thing to a landslide you can get in this hyper-polarized political atmosphere. I wish it hadn't come to this, but Republicans have only themselves to blame.

The good news is that Obama is liberal enough that if he over-reaches we could see something like a Reagan/'94 conservative resurgence.

Okla-homey
7/28/2008, 12:43 PM
The good news is that Obama is liberal enough that if he over-reaches we could see something like a Reagan/'94 conservative resurgence.

I agree with the above statement and that's actually keeping me going no matter what. That said, if BHO wins, he's my President and he'll have my public support and prayers. Srsly.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 12:50 PM
I'm telling you folks, when it comes right down to it Brack is not going to get the win. Wait and see, ya'll are buying into the hype.

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2008, 12:58 PM
I'm telling you folks, when it comes right down to it Brack is not going to get the win. Wait and see, ya'll are buying into the hype.

It's not hype. I'm basing it on the following factors.

1. Thus far, McCain's campaign is SLIGHTLY more competent than Bob Dole's '96 campaign but not by much. He's a terrible candidate, his visuals are horrible, he criticizes when he ought to hold his fire and he holds his fire when he ought to criticize, his staff seems every bit as inept as he is a bad campaigner, and he hasn't shown he knows how to win a national election.

2. His fundraising has been lethargic.

3. He's a Republican running at a time when Republicans, nationally, are VERY unpopular.

4. He's trying to follow one of the most unpopular Presidents in American history. To boot, Bush is a two-term President which makes it even more unlikely that the American public will choose a continuation of Republican administration.

To summarize, you can't expect to win as a Republican when you have one of the most inept Presidential campaigns in recent history to follow one of the most unpopular Presidents in American history.

Obama's campaign is everything McCain's isn't. He's strategically brilliant, he's captivating, interesting, he can raise money, and he represents a change from the current Republican administration.

Obama is going to win short of some spectacular implosion or he gets caught in bed with a dead hooker.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 01:01 PM

1. Thus far, McCain's campaign is SLIGHTLY more competent than Bob Dole's '96 campaign but not by much. He's a terrible candidate, his visuals are horrible, he criticizes when he ought to hold his fire and he holds his fire when he ought to criticize, his staff seems every bit as inept as he is a bad campaigner, and he hasn't shown he knows how to win a national election.

3. He's a Republican running at a time when Republicans, nationally, are VERY unpopular.

4. He's trying to follow one of the most unpopular Presidents in American history. To boot, Bush is a two-term President which makes it even more unlikely that the American public will choose a continuation of Republican administration.

To summarize, you can't expect to win as a Republican when you have one of the most inept Presidential campaigns in recent history to follow one of the most unpopular Presidents in American history.

Obama's campaign is everything McCain's isn't. He's strategically brilliant, he's captivating, interesting, he can raise money, and he represents a change from the current Republican administration.

Obama is going to win short of some spectacular implosion or he gets caught in bed with a dead hooker.

I know all that, and I still say he's not going to win.

SicEmBaylor
7/28/2008, 01:05 PM
I know all that, and I still say he's not going to win.

Hah, well fair enough. :)

What kind of Kool-Aid are you drinkin' over there? :D

soonerscuba
7/28/2008, 01:10 PM
No he's not, the media is going to go out and cast 100m votes.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 01:13 PM
I still don't think that the majority of the American electorate, especially those most likely to vote are liberal enough that when it comes time to pull the lever are going to vote Obama. Let's also not forget he's alienated a large portion of peeps with his angry, bitter, Bible clingining, gun toting remarks. Lets also not forget, that like it or not there are lots of peeps that are not going to vote for a black man for president, they might not admit it, and polling is probably not going to show it, but again when it comes time to pull the lever...

StoopTroup
7/28/2008, 01:33 PM
Reagan > McCain

There will be no resurgence even if he does manage to get elected.

He's just gonna keep us safe.

Thing is...I have never felt threatened until we failed to bring OBL in.

After the Towers went down...I thought....now you've done it.

After that I have constantly kept asking...WTF are you doing now?

Echoes
7/28/2008, 01:38 PM
Good posts, Baylor.

As far as just the campaign's management, it definetly favors Obama.

I wish the media could be a little less biased. It's either so far left or so far right, its unbelievable. Like Baylor said, the political environment is so polarized its not even funny.

ultimatesooner1
7/28/2008, 06:19 PM

The fact that anyone can extend the term of the worst president in US history by voting for McCain and still live with themselves is shocking for me

PS

I supported Bush in the last 2 elections and regret it in a great way

shaun4411
7/28/2008, 06:41 PM
this will be an interesting election. obama really is everything that mccain isnt. and he is riding the wave all the way to 1600 penn. if there was a good republican candidate who wasnt following a president like bush, i dont think obama would have a chance-- not with his far far left politics. as a whole, the country is conservative. right now though, almost everyone has bought into the hype that we need some change. as if 'change' is what is going to fix everyone's problems. some people seem to forget that as adults, we ought to be taking care of our own business instead of expecting government taking care of it (their way) for us. some people see obama as someone willing to hold their hand. when/if obama wins, and the sun doesnt suddenly shine brighter, the air doesnt immediately get cleaner, and the muslims dont suddenly start loving us, people will start realizing it was all just a dream.

SoonerInKCMO
7/28/2008, 07:18 PM

Even if that happens... as long as she's hot, I think he'll be OK.

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2008, 09:14 PM

Or if it's Osama bin Laden. 'Cause then he can just think fast and say "I CAUGHT HIM!!!"

Landslide.

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2008, 09:17 PM
Heh.

I can just picture now how all the major sites would report that:

CNN.com-"Greatest Human in History Succeeds where Bush Fails"
Foxnews.com-"B. Hussein Obama Kills Osama. Is He Trying to Replace Him?"
Drudgereport.com-"Obama Unfaithful to Wife. (www.nationalenquirer.com)"

tommieharris91
7/28/2008, 09:31 PM
Heh.

Seriously, it seems like Drudge reports a lot more good news about Obama rather than McCain this election cycle.

Frozen Sooner
7/28/2008, 09:34 PM
Seriously, it seems like Drudge reports a lot more good news about Obama rather than McCain this election cycle.

Possibly because there's more good news about Obama than McCain right now?

It's pretty hard to spin trailing in every major poll but one to date as a positive.

As the race tightens up, I'm sure you'll hear more positive things about McCain.

Mainly, though, I was just riffing on Drudge posting the Enquirer Edwards story at the top of his site.

Blue
7/28/2008, 09:41 PM
I like well informed Sicem better than gay Sicem.

5. McCains creepy all-teeth, eyes closed fake smile when he thinks he said something clever. Annoys me.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i187/Seaspook/McCainSmile.jpg

6. His obvious senile-ness. ness.

The stage is set for Obama to win. Don't know about handily, but win nonetheless.

SicEmBaylor
7/29/2008, 01:15 PM
I like well informed Sicem better than gay Sicem.

I make a lot more sense than people want to give me credit for -- regardless of my general ineptitude at life.

tommieharris91
7/29/2008, 01:38 PM
I make a lot more sense than people want to give me credit for -- regardless of my general ineptitude at life.

When it comes to politics, yes. When it comes to women, no.

Echoes
7/29/2008, 01:55 PM
Heh.

CNN.com-"Greatest Human in History Succeeds where Bush Fails"
Foxnews.com-"B. Hussein Obama Kills Osama. Is He Trying to Replace Him?"

So so true.

I hate that. I don't have the expanded channels on my TV, but if I did, I think I would spend alot of my time watching the BBC instead of what we have to pick over here. I know its British or whatever, but I have heard that its much more nonpartisan and actually trys to throw some nonbiased opinions around now and then. Boy, that would be refreshing.

Plus, I love their documentaries. If you haven't saw the one about the Phelps family, watch it. It's really good.

KC//CRIMSON
7/29/2008, 01:59 PM

Where's all the white women!!