PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Pellet Ice Rocks

jkjsooner
7/27/2008, 02:35 PM
I want to move back to Oklahoma just for the rabbit pellet ice (and Braums Cherry Limeads).

I have no idea why I can never find places with it here in DC. I sure miss it. If I started a fast food joint or a quick store I'd get one of those ice machines.

This thread is probably a candidate for a copy thread....

Rogue
7/27/2008, 02:49 PM
I'm coming to DC in a couple weeks. I can swing by the Sonic before I leave Tennessee and get ya a Cherry Limeade.

Anyone ship me a gallon of Braum's Butter Brickle Ice Cream, a gallon of Head Country, a Whataburger, and Rush Springs Watermelon?

King Crimson
7/27/2008, 02:55 PM
Rogue, you can order Head Country on line (by the gallon even, i think).

ab out the first thing we do when i visit my folks in Norman is mom and i go to Classic 50's for a rabbit pellet ice limeade. that's where it's at.

edit:

http://www.headcountry.com/Catalog.aspx?ID=4

bluedogok
7/27/2008, 05:12 PM
We have quite a few places with rabbit pellet ice, one that I always liked was that flake ice that the old Dairy Queen's used to have. There are some Braum's in Arkansas and Missouri, you could buy a bag of Braum's ice on your way out and throw it in one of those Igloo MaxCold coolers (http://www.igloocoolers.com/products/Fullsize/MaxCold/). I know that it stays pretty well for the 6.5-7 hours from NW OKC to South Austin.

I buy Head Country BBQ Sauce at HEB here and even found it at the small (and only) grocery store in Monahans, Texas where my wife's family lives. I got them turned on to it. I did buy some Leo's BBQ sauce when we were up there over July 4th weekend to have with the BBQ down here.

SteelCitySooner
7/27/2008, 08:23 PM
I order my Head Country by the gallon online.. and can get rabit pellet ice and cherry limeaid fix from the brand new sonic that just opened up about 5 miles down the road. If I could only find some fried okra and good chicken fried steaks I'd be all set.