PDA

View Full Version : I don't need a bail out

Penguin
7/26/2008, 06:10 PM
But I sure would like some down payment money.

Where can I get me some of that gubment handout money?

en4cer
7/26/2008, 06:16 PM
Before you do that I would suggest an application.

StoopTroup
7/26/2008, 06:28 PM
I just need a Business Loan.

How many small to medium sized businesses could all this bail out money have started?

en4cer
7/26/2008, 06:38 PM
Rub your tummy and f@r^ 3 times.

Apparently your dreams may come true.

jkjsooner
7/27/2008, 02:28 PM

These ill-conceived programs never help the intended receipient.

In a normal market, giving downpayment money simply translates into higher prices in a very short period of time. In fact, giving a $7k tax credit could translate into a much larger increase in price since a larger down payment reduces the lender's risk considerably.

So, instead of helping the homebuyer the government merely increases the riches of the seller. The same happened with the mortgage interest income tax deduction. It merely resulted in higher prices.

So, normally I would say jump on the bandwaggon early before the change has time to roll into prices but this market has a long way to fall (but probably not in Oklahoma).

Politicians have no clue about the law of unintended consequences. Almost all affordability laws they pass generally translate in lower affordability in time.

StoopTroup
7/27/2008, 02:47 PM
I just want some gubermint guaranteed stocks on some company that will shoot up to Microsoft status before they tell me to sell it all off.

I'll invest heavily.

tommieharris91
7/27/2008, 03:20 PM
I just want some gubermint guaranteed stocks on some company that will shoot up to Microsoft status before they tell me to sell it all off.

I'll invest heavily.

Well, you'll always know that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are never going under. They're valued pretty low right now. I don't think they'll ever be valued as high as GOOG or AAPL, but they ain't bad.

Blue
7/27/2008, 09:37 PM
Well, you'll always know that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are never going under. They're valued pretty low right now. I don't think they'll ever be valued as high as GOOG or AAPL, but they ain't bad.

And who's paying for all these bailouts? The gubmnt. And who's the govt? The taxpayers. Very good!

This is bull**** and I'm about to go on a shooting spree.

Ike
7/27/2008, 10:10 PM

First: Lose a few billion dollars...

Blue
7/27/2008, 10:21 PM
First: Lose a few billion dollars...

By making fraudulent transactions and then We The People will pay for it.

tommieharris91
7/27/2008, 11:18 PM
Like right now?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/money/2008/07/28/cnusecon128.xml

Blue
7/28/2008, 12:12 AM
Is this video scare-mongering, Tommie?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6ZHOxJLUGI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o6ZHOxJLUGI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:35 AM
The Hell of it Is Folks
This Great Country Of ours Is Big enough and Rich enough to Overcome it all
Nuff said
GOD BLESSED AMERICA

tommieharris91
7/28/2008, 12:36 AM
I'd say about 90% of that video is true. I am vehimently against all forms of bailout that put us further in debt. I am incredibly angry that we do this, because I will be forced to pay a lot of the bill. There are many economics Ph.D.'s that I have spoke to here at OU that think this recession will be deep and long-lasting. I really don't trust Bernanke or Bush saying good things about the economy right now (other than that gasoline prices will fall). Bernanke's problem has been that, as he seeks to stabilize banks by lowering interest rates, the money supply has increased rapidly, and so has inflation. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place, because raising interest rates right now would probably cause more bank failures.

And just to add, this Fannie/Freddie bailout has been compared to FDR "New Deal" legislature. So run to your local soup kitchen so you can be the first in line.

tommieharris91
7/28/2008, 12:38 AM
The Hell of it Is Folks
This Great Country Of ours Is Big enough and Rich enough to Overcome it all
Nuff said
GOD BLESSED AMERICA
Ohh yes, we will overcome it. It just could take a long, long time for it to happen.

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:56 AM
Ohh yes, we will overcome it. It just could take a long, long time for it to happen.

Prooly Tru Tommie
But This Country Has survived a Lot
and we WILL survive this
Hell we will survive Brack or JM
Aint Merica great ?

tommieharris91
7/28/2008, 12:58 AM
Prooly Tru Tommie
But This Country Has survived a Lot
and we WILL survive this
Hell we will survive Brack or JM
Aint Merica great ?
It sure is. Now where's my OVJ?

r5TPsooner
7/28/2008, 01:37 AM
I'd say about 90% of that video is true. I am vehimently against all forms of bailout that put us further in debt. I am incredibly angry that we do this, because I will be forced to pay a lot of the bill. There are many economics Ph.D.'s that I have spoke to here at OU that think this recession will be deep and long-lasting. I really don't trust Bernanke or Bush saying good things about the economy right now (other than that gasoline prices will fall). Bernanke's problem has been that, as he seeks to stabilize banks by lowering interest rates, the money supply has increased rapidly, and so has inflation. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place, because raising interest rates right now would probably cause more bank failures.

And just to add, this Fannie/Freddie bailout has been compared to FDR "New Deal" legislature. So run to your local soup kitchen so you can be the first in line.

Can I just have all of my debt wiped out please? Let's just call it my one "do over."

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 06:21 AM
It sure is. Now where's my OVJ?

Have you Checked ur Dean yet ?