PDA

View Full Version : DENMARK is rocking my face off

TUSooner
7/26/2008, 01:30 PM
Greetings from Skaerbaek, DK. It's 20:25, and the temperature is totally awesome degrees. Cool, mild and breezy, with another hour and a half of sunlight to go. I'm sitting on the porch of our cabin pouring Danish beer down my gob and loving every fleepin' minute. The place is cool and clean and orderly and people are nice as can be. Of course, Skaerbaek is out in the country; maybe that's why everybody is so nice. The wheat (or rye or barley?) is ripe and heavy. I saw a Massey Ferguson hervester out in the fields yesterday. Rode a bike 25 miles and took a swim in the North Sea, yesterday, and baby it was cold!!! But it made the wind seem warm. Don't pinch me because I might be dreaming.
God bless all y'all Sooner Fans!
Later.
TU

VeeJay
7/26/2008, 03:51 PM
Enjoy the visit but remember: No one likes a Dane.

birddog
7/26/2008, 03:54 PM
out of all the places i've seen, denmark is by far the best. get yourself a pint of elephant when you get the chance.

olevetonahill
7/26/2008, 04:09 PM
Glad you are enjoying yerself, as I swelter here .:mad:

BigRedJed
7/26/2008, 04:17 PM
Crap, I could buy Elephant at Byron's this afternoon and be drinking it shortly thereafter. Go smoke some hash.

olevetonahill
7/26/2008, 04:24 PM
Crap, I could buy Elephant at Byron's this afternoon and be drinking it shortly thereafter. Go smoke some hash.

Ane Now we Know why Jed is a Mod, Hes Smart and stuff :D

birddog
7/26/2008, 04:36 PM

nah, it's more of a novelty to drink it IN denmark out of a keg.

BigRedJed
7/26/2008, 04:38 PM
Nah, it's more of a novelty to smoke hash legally. ;)

BigRedJed
7/26/2008, 04:39 PM
And for the record, I haven't smoked hash in probably more than 20 years. Or anything else illegal in 15 or 16.

birddog
7/26/2008, 04:39 PM
jed, for teh win!

BigRedJed
7/26/2008, 04:40 PM
But if I was in Denmark, I might smoke some hash.

BigRedJed
7/26/2008, 04:41 PM
Wait. I was at a party a few years back. But that wasn't hash. It was barely pot, in fact.

en4cer
7/26/2008, 04:52 PM
http://cozybeach.com/vintagepics/oldswimsuit1907.jpg

Just be careful...

StoopTroup
7/26/2008, 07:18 PM
Is Holland near there? If so...i'd take time to go stick a finger in a dike if I were you.

Glad to hear you made there safely...

Have fun and safe returns on the trip home...

ST

Dio
7/26/2008, 11:07 PM
It's not just in the country- Copenhagen's cool too.

Go tour a brewery or Resistance museum for me

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 01:14 AM
Is Holland near there? If so...i'd take time to go stick a finger in a dike if I were you.

Glad to hear you made there safely...

Have fun and safe returns on the trip home...

ST

Heard them Dikes can open a Can of whoopass on ya .

TUSooner
7/27/2008, 02:06 AM
It's not just in the country- Copenhagen's cool too.

Go tour a brewery or Resistance museum for me

We went to Copenhagen Thursday, and I wanted to go to the Resistance Museum. But I was with a group. I had to sit and wait for everybody to eat and decide where and when we would rendezvous, and by the time that happened, I was "comfortable" and all I wanted was another beer. :O It was a great day anyway. And we went to Christiania, Copenhagen's Pot City, and walked around a little. It was pretty boring. People whose whole goal in life is to get stoned just don't do that much interesting stuff. :) Hash & weed are not legal, but they are reluctantly tolerated in that part of town.

Flagstaffsooner
7/27/2008, 05:03 AM
Have you had your sex change operation yet?

Okla-homey
7/27/2008, 06:02 AM
Have you seen any Great Danes?

How's their ham? Tried their danish?

that's all I got. :O

Flagstaffsooner
7/27/2008, 06:14 AM
Have you seen any Great Danes?

How's their ham? Tried their danish?

that's all I got. :OOr thoses crappy cookies you get at xmas.

Okla-homey
7/27/2008, 06:22 AM
Or thoses crappy cookies you get at xmas.

I agree, but those Danish Wedding Cookies that come in the pink paper sack from the Keebler elves are tasty. Just don't wear dark clothing when you eat 'em. That white powdered sugar coating on the cookies will mess up your clothes when you wipe your hands on your pants.