PDA

View Full Version : Are you an OU fan?

Sooner24
7/26/2008, 11:22 AM
Are you an OU fan or just an OU football fan? By that I mean do you support any other OU sports besides football.

This includes owning season tickets to any sports besides football or attending any other athletic events besides football. If we could get the so called OU fan to back mens and womens basketball (I will say the women draw more fans but I am sure tickets prices have a lot to do with that), baseball, softball, etc. we could be one of the elite programs in the country.

King Crimson
7/26/2008, 11:24 AM
i started going to OU hoops game with my pops in the mid 70's.

i'd rather have won in 88 than in 86.

other sports: if OU's women's checkers team is playing....that's who i'm pulling for. thanks Dad.

StoopTroup
7/26/2008, 11:29 AM
Well 24...

I don't live in Norman or OKC so going to a event other then Football brings Texas or Kansas to Llyod Nobel when we do try to make a game. It's just easier to watch a B-Ball game on TV than make the trip and try to get tickets.

If we lived closer...I'd have Season Basketball Tickets as I loved playing Basketball more than Football.

Still...my days on the gridiron while growing up give me great respect for those who play in College and on to the Pros.

As for the other sports...I'd make some Baseball Games too.

I didn't know about the Swimming facilities until Lott's Bandana mentioned it in a thread the other day. Sounds like something good is going on there. Maybe we can start punking uterus outta of a few of their precious trophies. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/26/2008, 11:38 AM
Are you an OU fan or just an OU football fan? By that I mean do you support any other OU sports besides football.

This includes owning season tickets to any sports besides football or attending any other athletic events besides football. If we could get the so called OU fan to back mens and womens basketball (I will say the women draw more fans but I am sure tickets prices have a lot to do with that), baseball, softball, etc. we could be one of the elite programs in the country.

When I was in school I had season tickets to both football and men's basketball. I've gone to more basketball games than football games since I've graduated (mainly because I went to the Top of the World Classic and the Great Alaska Shootout when OU played in both.)

Frozen Sooner
7/26/2008, 11:38 AM
Oh, yeah, and I went to a ton of baseball games in 1994, 1995, and 1996.

SeattleOUstudent
7/26/2008, 11:49 AM
not really.

Sooner24
7/26/2008, 12:58 PM
Well 24...

I don't live in Norman or OKC so going to a event other then Football brings Texas or Kansas to Llyod Nobel when we do try to make a game. It's just easier to watch a B-Ball game on TV than make the trip and try to get tickets.

If we lived closer...I'd have Season Basketball Tickets as I loved playing Basketball more than Football.

Still...my days on the gridiron while growing up give me great respect for those who play in College and on to the Pros.

As for the other sports...I'd make some Baseball Games too.

I didn't know about the Swimming facilities until Lott's Bandana mentioned it in a thread the other day. Sounds like something good is going on there. Maybe we can start punking uterus outta of a few of their precious trophies. :D

I don't live in Norman or OKC but I only missed three womens games last year and made several men's games. Last year I also went to some baseball and softball games too. With that said I am really wavering on getting my OU Women's season tickets this year just because of the gas prices and the fact they play 15 non-exhibition games at home. I have it roughly figured out it will cost me about $500-$575 just in gas and that's just for the women. Throw some mens games in and it could easily be $750-$900. Add in the cost of the tickets and eats and it really adds up.

Rogue
7/26/2008, 01:11 PM
I had season football and basketball tix as a student (only time I lived in OK).
Went to several baseball games too.

I root for the Sooners in everything. If a Sooner was in a spelling bee or the Tour De France, I'd pull for 'em.

Frozen Sooner
7/26/2008, 01:13 PM
If a Sooner were in the Tour de France, I'd root for him to go back in time and punch Lance Armstrong in his remaining nut.

Fuggin' Horn.

tommieharris91
7/26/2008, 01:16 PM

The new swimming facility was voted by the students in 2006 (maybe '07) and should be completed in 2010. It will be built as an addition to the Huston Huffman Center basically where a parking lot west of the dorms is. I'm not sure if they will add a women's swimming team yet, though. I hear it will be a nice facility.

stoopified
7/26/2008, 01:59 PM
Ywes.I live and die football but am a fan of all things OU with the possible exception of wrasslin'.I just don't get into watching two guys rolloing around the floor in a latent display of ghey. :)

SoonerStormchaser
7/26/2008, 02:15 PM
I hate OU and want to burn their horsepigs!

tommieharris91
7/26/2008, 02:17 PM
I hate OU and want to burn their horsepigs!

I believe you forgot the words damded cheetin goonerz.

soonervegas
7/26/2008, 02:42 PM
I only attend football and basketball games (season tickets), but I am not above rooting for baseball, softball, or women's basketball on the tube.

olevetonahill
7/26/2008, 02:49 PM
Ifin I sed it oncet Ive sed a millions times, Iffin that ball dont bounce funny I aint watchin ;)

BigRedJed
7/26/2008, 02:55 PM
Just because of number of games in a season, I have actually probably been to more men's hoop games than football games over the course of my life, despite being a longtime football season ticket holder and despite my pops being a longtime football season ticket holder.

I have been a bit of an on-again-off-again hoop season ticket holder though, and only let my football season tickets go back for a couple of years during the Blake-Schnellenberger debacle. Before you jump on me, though; I wasn't a fairweather fan, just a fairweather season ticket holder. I didn't miss games during those years; I just went for free or next-to-free.

As far as other sports are concerned I'm pretty much an opportunist. Generally go to baseball games in Bricktown, be they OU-osu or Big 12 games. Used to go to games in Norman as opportunities presented themselves, but never had season tix.

BigRedJed
7/26/2008, 02:56 PM
Also, this thread has been done a WHOLE BUNCH of times.

r5TPsooner
7/26/2008, 02:59 PM
If I lived in Norman and not way out by Mercy, I'd have season basketball tickets too. Just too many games and too many other responsibilities that conflict with the schedule.

I really want to get down for a few baseball games.

en4cer
7/26/2008, 03:21 PM
Yes.

Football, basketball, baseball, W-basketball, wrasslin', and golf.

Golf has a special place in my heart. You see, I once shot a 59 on a local course.

If it hadn't started storming I could have finished the back nine.

Soonerfan88
7/26/2008, 04:24 PM
The 6 hour drive does keep me from attending many home games for any sport but football. However, I have been to almost every basketball game (men & women) at KU and several at MU and KSU. Also get to most of the baseball/softball games at KU.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/26/2008, 04:49 PM
I have women's bball season tickets and bought a partial season ticket to the men's games last year.