PDA

View Full Version : A Poor Man's Texas Tech

soonerbrat
7/26/2008, 09:56 AM
That's what Dave Lapham just called oSu on the Fox Sports Big XII showcase. Ouch.

badger
7/26/2008, 10:06 AM
That's what Dave Lapham just called oSu on the Fox Sports Big XII showcase. Ouch.

Gundy might finally go on a "We won" tirade after that game as opposed to "A man!" tirade.

Of course, his defense had an awful day also, not just Tech.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/26/2008, 11:34 AM
Dude was blatantly wrong. orange aggy is not a "poor man's school", unless you think of T-Boone as some sort of pauper.

NYC Poke
7/26/2008, 11:39 AM

What was the context?

Sooner-Magic
7/26/2008, 11:52 AM
That osu sucks

badger
7/26/2008, 12:06 PM
That osu sucks

This newb writes words of wisdom beyond his post count number.;)

NYC Poke
7/26/2008, 12:18 PM
This newb writes words of wisdom beyond his post count number.;)

Funny, S&M has more posts on OP than he does here.

7/26/2008, 12:22 PM
Funny, S&M has more posts on OP than he does here.Does he bring reality to that board, as well?

NYC Poke
7/26/2008, 12:26 PM
Does he bring reality to that board, as well?

If the reality is that he graduated from Anapolis [sic] and recently bought a 911 Turbo, then I suppose. Of course, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

tommieharris91
7/26/2008, 01:09 PM
Does he bring reality to that board, as well?

Nope. He usually runs his mouth and doesn't make sense there. Then again, outside of a few posters on that board, there isn't much sense there.

Sooner-Magic
7/26/2008, 02:13 PM
Funny, S&M has more posts on OP than he does here.

What is OP? Or are you trying to say you suck too?

BoulderSooner79
7/26/2008, 02:27 PM
But I thought Texas Tech was a poor man's Texas Tech :confused:

NYC Poke
7/26/2008, 02:33 PM
Nope. He usually runs his mouth and doesn't make sense there. Then again, outside of a few posters on that board, there isn't much sense there.

Exhibit A:

:rolleyes:

soonervegas
7/26/2008, 02:43 PM
I would have said a poor man's Tulsa, but ok.

JLEW1818
7/26/2008, 03:24 PM
5 SATURDAYS AWAY TILL OKLAHOMA SOONER KICKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goingoneight
7/26/2008, 03:26 PM
Poor Man's Troy? :confused:

OUmillenium
7/26/2008, 05:01 PM

Ocean Pacific...some of my favorite clothes of the 80s!

picasso
7/26/2008, 05:11 PM
Of course, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
I believed the part about oSu being a poor man's Tejano Tech.

Sooner-Magic
7/26/2008, 05:38 PM
Ocean Pacific...some of my favorite clothes of the 80s!

Oh yeah I forgot about Ocean Pacific! It never crossed my mind they would have a message board. I am going to have to check that out. NOT!!

soonerbrat
7/26/2008, 06:04 PM
What was the context?

they were talking about each team, had just finished talking about ttech, and then emily asked him what he thought about OSU this year and he said OSU was the poor man's texas tech

OSUAggie
7/26/2008, 07:21 PM
Mike Gundy - 2
Mike Leach - 1

Both teams were 4-4 in Big XII play last season, getting their **** kicked more than once.

Dave Lapham is a poor man's Paul Maguire.

goingoneight
7/27/2008, 12:50 AM
OSU's offense has proven that if you take out playmakers, it suffers badly.

Tech's offense has proven every single year that it works, regardless of who's in.

Take out Graham Harrell and Sack Robinson... who wins more games? IMO, Tech finishes exactly the same with a little less padded stats, OSU bites their nails against Baylor.

okienole3
7/27/2008, 12:48 PM
Is that an insult to Tech or OSU?

badger
7/27/2008, 12:58 PM
Mike Gundy - 2
Mike Leach - 1

Both teams were 4-4 in Big XII play last season, getting their **** kicked more than once.

Oh, but aggie, weren't you envious of the way they beat us? (curse tech curse curse curse!) I mean, that's your bowl game! :D

You have to admit, when it comes to hype, Tech has you beat. Nobody is giving your dude Zac any credit for being the Tim Tebow of the non-Florida, but yet everyone is calling Tech the pick to go BCS bowling aside from likely conference champion Oklahoma.

Nobody is crediting OSU for "Crooming" so many top opponents, yet Tech is getting all the credit in the world for their one win over (grumble grumble) OU.

Nobody is picking OSU to challenge for the Big 12, let alone the Big 12 South, yet Tech is going to be the upset pick for Lee Corso every chance he gets. Tech will get all the Gameday features and possible Gameday crew, but the only thing ESPN will do for OSU is have Lou Holtz fold magical newspapers and impersonate your coach via the weekly Pep Talk... oh, and have Timberlake point out that Gundy listens to pop music on the ESPY's.

I may get hated on for saying this, but no credit to the aggies here, yet all credit to sand aggies, and why? What exactly did Tech accomplish aside from (arggggggh) beating the Sooners last year? Leach is all about emphasizing the entire pirate boat crew, so no fair saying "Crabtree was an awesome receiver" here, because that's not what Pirate Mike would want.

Time to give aggie the same love as sand aggie, people. I will start:

YOU'RE BOTH GOING TO SUCK THIS YEAR!

There. Equal credit for equal accomplishment. ;)

Sooner-Magic
7/27/2008, 01:19 PM
As A Coach
Year School Position Record Noteworthy
1990 Oklahoma State Receivers Coach 4-7
1991 Oklahoma State Quarterbacks 0-10-1
1992 Oklahoma State Quarterbacks 4-6-1
1993 Oklahoma State Quarterbacks 3-8
1994 Oklahoma State Off. Coordinator 3-7-1 Pat Jones final season
1995 Oklahoma State Quarterbacks 4-8
1996 Baylor QBs/Passing Coord. 4-7 Beat Louisville, Or. State
1997 Maryland Receivers 2-9
1998 Maryland Receivers 3-8
1999 Maryland Quarterbacks 5-6
2000 Maryland Quarterbacks 5-6
2001 Oklahoma State Off. Coordinator 4-7 Upset No. 4 OU
2002 Oklahoma State Off. Coordinator 8-5 Houston Bowl champs
2003 Oklahoma State Off. Coordinator 9-4 Cotton Bowl
2004 Oklahoma State Off. Coordinator 7-5 Alamo Bowl
2005 Oklahoma State Head Coach 4-7 Upset No. 13 Texas Tech
2006 Oklahoma State Head Coach 7-6 Independence Bowl champs

From poke state (http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=6459)

This is the number one reason Taco Tech gets way more love. Mike Leach has actually done something and at least been consistent. In a face off between Leach and Gundy, Gundy blows a gasket or wets his pants. We saw the blown gasket last year, this year is going to hilarious. Tech is going to turn orange into yellow this year in Lubbock.

Can you imagine the one-liners coming from Leach before the game this year? Leach is one funny mofo :D

StoopTroup
7/27/2008, 01:25 PM
You know...

"I consider Dave Lapham's behavior completely inappropriate. It shows a lack of respect for the Gundy and doesn't speak well for Fox Sports and the fans they are trying to inform. Dave Lapham's actions have brought national attention and further scrutiny to the situation that could have been handled in a more private and appropriate matter."

...with lots of cash and spray paint. :D

badger
7/27/2008, 02:29 PM
...with lots of cash and spray paint. :D

Don't forget subliminal OU-colored bricks :D:D:D

Leach is wonderful and after Mike Stoops, he would be the coordinator I'd want back at OU most. However, let's not give him too much credit...

Leach's Koachin' Arrrrggghs:

1- Weather reports. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=qSPcMXWJjUg) He stands in front of the map AND the 7-day outlook.

2- Ref you (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/big12/2007-11-13-texastech-leach-fine_N.htm). Leach draws the biggest fine in Big 12 history for ref complaints. Come on, coach. We all know the head ref was from Lubbock in the OU-Tech game of 2006 and that your dude wasn't in the endzone and that you didn't convert on 4th down. Just admit it. Come on. Admit it.

3- Ham it up (http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/122207/red_228189932.shtml). The "I Like Mike" donations to pay for said Ref-You fine only went toward 400 hams for Lubbock people. If he really wanted to send a message of jest to the league, he should have served longhorn, or even better, zebra meat. Mmmmmm.

There you have it. Leach fails three times in life. One, he can't do the weather. Two, he got fined for complaining about reffing. Three, he turned $5,000 into 400 hams. So as you can clearly see, Leach should be fired immediately.

;)

the_ouskull
7/27/2008, 09:07 PM

...and the poster trolls...

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/uploaded_images/garth.brooks-781334.jpg

...but the truth, it strikes...

the_ouskull

picasso
7/28/2008, 08:46 AM
Mike Gundy - 2
Mike Leach - 1

Texas Tech has actually beaten Texas, and OU. Mike Leach gets his games televised. He's also yet to be fired.

oSu is trying to turn the corner. Tech is already around it.

Both teams have ghey mascots, I will give you that.

badger
7/28/2008, 11:14 AM
Both teams have ghey mascots, I will give you that.

They also both have mounted mascots :D

They also both have coaches that are fun to listed to in press conferences on YouTube.

They also both have a very aggie-like atmosphere.

They also both need real rivals and like Mister Rogers needs a neighbor, both just scream, "Won't you be my rival?"

They also both are in really wide open and abandoned areas of their respective states and upon driving to such areas, one wonders if there really is anything out in the middle of nothingness for many miles.

They also both phail at the worst times of the season.

They also both think they can win every game.

However, they also both never win every game of the season.

LONG LIVE (SAND) AGGIE!

Sooner-Magic
7/28/2008, 12:51 PM
Texas Tech beat osu in the TV revenue dep't. Of course so did Baylor, osu was dead last. Maybe it is the way that shade of orange looks on TV? :yuck:

soonerfan28
7/28/2008, 01:09 PM
Mike Leach gets his name televised because his QB throws 5,000 yards every year and he still can't win the Big 12. I hope O-State is undefeated when we play them every year, but that has probably never and will probably never happen.

StoopTroup
7/28/2008, 01:22 PM
Texas Tech beat osu in the TV revenue dep't. Of course so did Baylor, osu was dead last. Maybe it is the way that shade of orange looks on TV? :yuck:

Or maybe T. Boone hasn't bought Fox yet?

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 01:27 PM
Or maybe T. Boone hasn't bought Fox yet?

T. Boone is busy solving our energy problems, one thing at a time OK?

badger
7/28/2008, 01:53 PM
T. Boone is busy solving our energy problems, one thing at a time OK?

Honestly, wouldn't it be cool if T. Boone or someone else started a new sports station?

I am soooooooooooo sick of ESPN telling me that Green Bay might not be Titletown, or that AD won't win the Heisman, or that OU won't win another championship, or that USC this and that, or yadda yadda blah blah yackity smackity.

7/28/2008, 02:16 PM
I hope O-State is undefeated when we play them every year...:( Yikes, man!!! Perhaps the only team I ever want them to beat is the domer, should they ever play each other.

Mixer!
7/28/2008, 05:46 PM
Yikes, man!!! Perhaps the only team I ever want them to beat is the domer, should they ever play each other.
The heat makes us all say crazy things every now & then. ;)

NYC Poke
7/29/2008, 03:38 PM
they were talking about each team, had just finished talking about ttech, and then emily asked him what he thought about OSU this year and he said OSU was the poor man's texas tech

Thank you.

fadada1
7/29/2008, 05:43 PM
If the reality is that he graduated from Anapolis [sic] and recently bought a 911 Turbo, then I suppose. Of course, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

that only means he wears his dress whites on the way to his small weiners anonymous meeting.

NYC Poke
7/29/2008, 05:49 PM
that only means he wears his dress whites on the way to his small weiners anonymous meeting.

I wish I had a small weiner. Those are nice cars. :(

fadada1
7/29/2008, 05:55 PM

good point.

KentuckySooner
7/29/2008, 07:34 PM
This thread is revolutionary for a newb like me!

OSU Sucks? I heard they were better than the cheatin gooners! How enlightening!

For the record I already knew Texas Sucks.

KingBarry
7/31/2008, 04:38 AM
This has been a thoroughly enjoyable thread. Congratulations to all the posters.

Leach's "weather forecast" may be the funniest thing I have ever seen. Laughing so hard, I was gasping for oxygen and had to turn it off before it hit even half way. Did you see how the radar screen operator kept zooming in and out to try to make Leach's hand actually point to Muleshoe, TX? Aaagghh! I am dying!!!

Man, Leach and Tech were just made for each other.

And LoSuR is sooo a poor man's Tech. That their fans would come on and say "We're aren't a poor man's Tech!" is even funnier.

ADMINS: Can i archive this thread or something? It is just a timeless classic.

badger
7/31/2008, 08:07 AM
On Thursday, as OSU players convene for their first workout of the preseason, Gundy enters his 18th season of OSU football (four as a quarterback, 10 as an assistant, four as the head coach).

For nearly half of his life, Gundy has been an OSU Cowboy.

"As everyone probably knows by now, I'm 40 years old," a smiling Gundy said last week.

:D

Blitzkrieg
7/31/2008, 11:05 AM
Tech is a poor mans tech. OSU is just ignorant.

Sooner-Magic
7/31/2008, 06:18 PM

It has crossed my mind more than once that you are most likely weinerless :eek: