PDA

View Full Version : What Home Game 2007 Season...

r5TPsooner
7/25/2008, 08:56 PM
Vote for your favorite.

r5TPsooner
7/25/2008, 08:59 PM
Even though we got burned to a crisp, and it was humider then hell, the Miami game stands out for me. The place was a rocking and the atmosphere electric. Louder than Hell too.

yermom
7/25/2008, 09:05 PM
that Mizzou game was fun. the Miami game was a bit of a let down.

they are not the Miami of the 80's

goingoneight
7/25/2008, 09:07 PM
I don't care... anytime we run over teams who deserve to get stomped into the ground... I'm voting for games like Miami.

yermom
7/25/2008, 09:13 PM
oh, don't get me wrong, i still hate Miami, but it's like someone beating us in the 90's, it just didn't mean anything

goingoneight
7/25/2008, 10:43 PM
It means the same thing as the Fiesta Bowl losses to me. If your program gets caught with their pants down... well, they deserve to live with the scoreboard and get better.

It's sweet to me because I remember not long ago people saying Miami would be the team of the decade, blah-blah-blah. Enjoy 4-7, Miami!

r5TPsooner
7/25/2008, 11:26 PM
It meant something to me and by the sound of the stadium, I'd say about 80,000 other might of agreed.

The Mizery game was great too but I was a bit skeered in that one.

goingoneight
7/27/2008, 12:41 AM
I like the fact that Missouri isn't totally succccc anymore... but until I see Mizzou run an offense that decent defenses won't sniff out easy... ugh.

I'm just saying... any smart linebacker can stack back and read exactly where they're going with the ball. Chase has the worst play-fake for a supposed Heisman candidate.

Maclin, like Trendon Holliday, is a fast receiver. There's nothing really dynamic about like a DeMarco Murray, a Joe McKnight or even a McFadden. Speed will only go so far. If he was some dominant force to be reckoned with, the supposed "slow" Oklahoma secondary wouldn't have shut him down. Yet they did.

illinisooner
7/27/2008, 10:32 AM
Mizzou was the game I enjoyed the most. Gameday was in town and Mizzou was getting cocky, so the hype was there. Plus it was a night game and wasn't too hot, haha. I was in the student section and everyone kept getting updates on the LSU/Kentucky game on their phone or from the people in the suites, and it was actually during a play when Kentucky won and the people in the suites starting cheering, so everyone in the student section went crazy, followed by the whole stadium. During an OU offensive play! And when Maclin botched the handoff from Daniel, man that place went insane...I've never heard Owen Field that loud before. It was like an English soccer terrace in the student section; people jumping up and down, falling a few rows forward, and not caring! It's gonna be hard to top that atmosphere this season, but the Tech and maybe KU games could come close.

r5TPsooner
7/27/2008, 11:15 AM
Mizzou was the game I enjoyed the most. Gameday was in town and Mizzou was getting cocky, so the hype was there. Plus it was a night game and wasn't too hot, haha. I was in the student section and everyone kept getting updates on the LSU/Kentucky game on their phone or from the people in the suites, and it was actually during a play when Kentucky won and the people in the suites starting cheering, so everyone in the student section went crazy, followed by the whole stadium. During an OU offensive play! And when Maclin botched the handoff from Daniel, man that place went insane...I've never heard Owen Field that loud before. It was like an English soccer terrace in the student section; people jumping up and down, falling a few rows forward, and not caring! It's gonna be hard to top that atmosphere this season, but the Tech and maybe KU games could come close.

Actually, it gotta little cool that evening but when bogger eater fumbled and we picked it up for the TD, the temperature really warmed up.

Oh yeah, that last Mizery score was an f'in joke.

StoopTroup
7/27/2008, 01:39 PM
Our Sooners rocked me some hurricanes twice.

Sooner_09
7/27/2008, 03:27 PM
Tough call between miami and mizzery but I gotta go with mizzery. Gameday was there and Corso almost got ran over on the sidelines:D

PhilTLL
7/27/2008, 04:35 PM
Mizzou or OSU. The former was a solid game, plus I had the novelty of having 2 Mizzou punks in front of me who saw their team take a third-quarter lead and started calling their also-attending friends, brainstorming a location for access to rush the field. I rarely interact with opposition at games, but this one was begging for a call-out, both when it happened and when we stormed back to seal the game for real.

OSU was memorably difficult in terms of weather, plus all week I had to listen to Chicken Littles in the public and among my friends who were suddenly doubt-filled about the game. I knew the whole time we'd stomp the hell out of orange ag, so it was great to watch them do it. Plus, in the first quarter, I got my biggest laugh ever for smack at a game, when the PA informed us for the first time "Martel Van Zant on the tackle for the Cowboys" and my seatmate and I said in unison "WHO made the tackle??? HUH?? Say it again?" I know, I know, offensive and all, but **** you, it was really funny. :)

ouwasp
7/27/2008, 05:14 PM
Mizzou, easy...

It was the loudest I'd ever heard Owen Field when our man Lofton returned the fumble for the TD.

That, and it's most likely the last game my Dad and I will have gone to together. He's 77, with a flaky heart. His health has taken a turn for the worse in the last month. But we still talk about that game some...

sooneron
7/27/2008, 05:19 PM
I was at the mizery game in Boren's skybox. It was miserable, no booze and not enough seats. I had a much better time at the atm game. Of course, I only made it to two games last year.

setem
7/27/2008, 05:57 PM
Which one was the coldest one? I know I got to wear a thermal mask to the Poke-lahoma state game and I always enjoy game days when it is wicked *** cold. Just makes it memorable to me I dont know. I wish I could have been at the ice-bowl.

Miami was pretty bad *** though I loved atmosphere. The stadium was more alive than ever and it was a great time smacking that ***!

illinisooner
7/27/2008, 06:19 PM
OSU was probably the coldest.

soonersweetie
7/27/2008, 08:47 PM
I know Miami wasn't the Miami of the 80's, but considering I was at OU in the mid-late 80's, it was fun watching them suffer. I hated Miami and Testaverde and bunch so much during the 80's.