PDA

View Full Version : Have you prayed to Obama today yet?

AggieTool
7/25/2008, 08:06 AM
You know....it's a sin NOT to.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 09:13 AM
No, but I saw someone with a Brack sign in the back window of their car. I looked at them derisively as I drove past and shook my head at them like I couldn't believe how pitiful they were.

soonerhubs
7/25/2008, 09:43 AM
Is he ever going to debate McCain?

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 09:49 AM
Is he ever going to debate McCain?

Doesn't seem like it. As long as Brack is getting all the media love, and feels he's in the lead, why would he risk it?

That being said his lead has largely evaporated, maybe some part of the media will quit sniffing his nutts continually and put the spotlight on Bracks many deficiencies (besides FOX), and when he feels like it might be slipping away from him maybe he'll want to debate.

swardboy
7/25/2008, 09:56 AM
O Lord Barack, show us the way to teh poontane....and lead us not into capitalism, but deliver us from self-determination. For you knowd it all. Amenny men men.

Oh, and "CHANGE" BABY!

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 09:59 AM
O Lord Barack, show us the way to teh poontane....and lead us not into capitalism, but deliver us from self-determination. For you knowd it all. Amenny men men.

Oh, and "CHANGE" BABY!

That's why I noticed the sign in the back windshield of this preppy black dudes Altima, it said something like: CHANGE, we can believe in.

soonerhubs
7/25/2008, 10:11 AM
So did the DNC really almost begin with a huge act of Blatant Hypocrisy? (http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/12804/?ck=1)

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 10:20 AM
I think the donks current stance on energy is gonna bite them in the ***. They are keeping us from drilling for more oil, in fact the donk leadership won't even let it come to a vote, so they can appease the Gore faction of the party by being all green and such. Peeps gonna be getting mighty tired of paying the high gas prices when we could lower them by drilling for more oil.

StoopTroup
7/25/2008, 10:26 AM
Aren't there supposed to be a couple of Conventions?

soonerhubs
7/25/2008, 10:26 AM
I think the donks current stance on energy is gonna bite them in the ***. They are keeping us from drilling for more oil, in fact the donk leadership won't even let it come to a vote, so they can appease the Gore faction of the party by being all green and such. Peeps gonna be getting mighty tired of paying the high gas prices when we could lower them by drilling for more oil.

I wonder if people are going to recognize this and vote out those opposed to drilling this November?

I'm all for developing alternative fuels, but I'd rather not have the country starve in the mean time. I don't see why both Oil Drilling and Alternative Energy Development can't coexist? That would be a great campaign platform IMHO.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 10:33 AM
I wonder if people are going to recognize this and vote out those opposed to drilling this November?

I'm all for developing alternative fuels, but I'd rather not have the country starve in the mean time. I don't see why both Oil Drilling and Alternative Energy Development can't coexist? That would be a great campaign platform IMHO.

One of the commentators this morning suggested Bush call a special session of congress in August to force a vote on this for that very purpose. It would get the donks on record as to being for more oil & thus lower prices, or not drilling for more & thus higher prices.

Just not sure Bush is smart enough, or the Republican party for that matter to do this.

StoopTroup
7/25/2008, 10:33 AM
Will teh gubermint give T. Boone the tax breaks and incentives he needs to make Stoolwater the center of the Wind Universe?

r5TPsooner
7/25/2008, 10:37 AM
All hail The Obama.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 10:38 AM
Will teh gubermint give T. Boone the tax breaks and incentives he needs to make Stoolwater the center of the Wind Universe?

Looks like Texas has approved the building of a bunch of new power lines connecting western Texas to the rest of the state so Boone and others can build more wind farms out there. Seems Boone like's the wind farm idea quite a bit.

Whet
7/25/2008, 10:40 AM
you gotta start with this article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

Then, print out this picture and hang it on your mantle, next to the picture of JFK:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8958/obama16lk3.jpg

tommieharris91
7/25/2008, 10:41 AM
And as I read this part of the thread one of T. Boone's ads comes on CNBC.

StoopTroup
7/25/2008, 10:41 AM
T. Boone created The Wind.

He will harness it's great power.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 10:42 AM
T Boone wants to make us energy independent...

...not a bad idea I guess, but still: it's T Boone

StoopTroup
7/25/2008, 10:45 AM
T. Boone should be Obama's runningmate IMHO. :D

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 10:46 AM
I think Brack is holding out for Jesus, he wants someone else that can walk on water.

tommieharris91
7/25/2008, 11:03 AM
you gotta start with this article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

Then, print out this picture and hang it on your mantle, next to the picture of JFK:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8958/obama16lk3.jpg

You forgot to mention MLK.

MLK + JFK = BHO

JohnnyMack
7/25/2008, 11:07 AM

So for 30+ years your govt. has failed you in terms of either developing alternative fuel sources or allowing the construction of new refineries and you decide now is the time to do something about it? Ask yourself what's really driving the price of oil.

sooner_born_1960
7/25/2008, 11:15 AM
Whatever is driving it, increasing the supply can't hurt.

soonerhubs
7/25/2008, 11:15 AM
So for 30+ years your govt. has failed you in terms of either developing alternative fuel sources or allowing the construction of new refineries and you decide now is the time to do something about it? Ask yourself what's really driving the price of oil.

In all honesty I don't know JM. I really don't know who to believe on this one. Is it the speculators? Is it the growth of demand? I don't know, but I'd certainly like to.

Animal Mother
7/25/2008, 12:25 PM
Aren't there supposed to be a couple of Conventions?

That's the rumor I read on here. Nobody ever offers up a load of bullsh!t laced with unfounded numbskulledness on this site. Especailly not any knee jerk neo-cons.............

dn in 3..2..1......

Animal Mother
7/25/2008, 12:27 PM
I think Brack is holding out for Jesus, he wants someone else that can walk on water.

Jesus? Are you kidding? The bus boy at Chili's ?

shaun4411
7/25/2008, 12:38 PM
has anyone seen "left behind" or read the series? obama reminds me of nicolae carpathia. I initially thought bush would take that role back in 00. buuuut, obama fits the bill.

sooneron
7/25/2008, 12:43 PM
Jesus? Are you kidding? The bus boy at Chili's ?

He doesn't "walk" on water. He refills it!:texan:

JohnnyMack
7/25/2008, 01:01 PM
has anyone seen "left behind" or read the series? obama reminds me of nicolae carpathia. I initially thought bush would take that role back in 00. buuuut, obama fits the bill.

Evolve already.

soonervegas
7/25/2008, 01:41 PM
The Anti-Christ eh? I am suprised that connection has been brought up more often. Although I don't necessarily subscribe to the notion of an Anti-Christ he does fit the bill so to speak.

There sure are a lot of uneducated, uninformed hillbillies who don't like him though. If they are the enlightened ones...count me out.

Animal Mother
7/25/2008, 01:49 PM
He doesn't "walk" on water. He refills it!:texan:

Arh!! Humor!! Good one!!!

I too would like to opt out of the mailings from the Anti-Christ. I stopped delivery on that when I reached the "age of reason" as George Carlin would say. Summer of 1971. Someone wants to believe, I have no problem. If you want to waste time and energy telling me I'm wrong and I'm going to hell, knock yuseff out because I ain't skeered.

mikeelikee
7/25/2008, 04:58 PM
Come on, folks. You don't pray TO Obama. You pray to God, but in the NAME of Obama. After all, he IS the Messiah!! :rolleyes:

Whet
7/25/2008, 05:23 PM
The Anti-Christ eh? I am suprised that connection has been brought up more often. Although I don't necessarily subscribe to the notion of an Anti-Christ he does fit the bill so to speak.

There sure are a lot of uneducated, uninformed hillbillies who don't like him though. If they are the enlightened ones...count me out.

But, there are a lot of uneducated, uninformed city folks and a lot of just plain stupid people that support Obama!

Echoes
7/25/2008, 05:27 PM
Why is a topic like this even necessary guys?

Really, it looks pretty childish. I don't think anyone is or will be praying to Obama anytime soon. How about you respectfully debate his position with others on this board who support him against McCain's position.

If I get negged for it or not, it doesn't matter. Topics like this are pointless, not to mention childish. Grow up.

tommieharris91
7/25/2008, 05:45 PM

Really, it looks pretty childish. I don't think anyone is or will be praying to Obama anytime soon. How about you respectfully debate his position with others on this board who support him against McCain's position.

If I get negged for it or not, it doesn't matter. Topics like this are pointless, not to mention childish. Grow up.

I think the thread was started tongue-in-cheek. It just gives people another reason to say change and hope a whole bunch.

Whet
7/25/2008, 05:58 PM

So, only topics that have a point should be posted? Did you ever think that this thread does have a point?

How some people seem to **** all over themselves in praising the empty suit, Barry Obama...... How some people believe Barry is the great Saviour of the country...... How some people are just plain silly in their adoration of this shyster, Barry Obama.....

If growing up is becoming a Barry Obama supporter, then I will remain in my current state!

Now, I must go pray to Obama for a government check! :chicken:

Echoes
7/25/2008, 06:11 PM
??

Yes, only topics with a point should be posted. This thread doesn't have a point.

Who does this, Whet? Where are all these people on this board who fall over themselves praising Obama? I would love to see them. Find me one post praising Obama, and I will find you 20 bashing him. Your delusional if you think this board is full of Obama supporters and praisers. It's quite the opposite.

Again, the same for your other claims. Find me one person on this board who thinks hes the great savior of our country? I'll find you twenty who thinks the exact opposite.

Good Lord dude, Growing up has nothing to do with supporting Obama. Use your head. I was certainly not saying that people who support Obama are grown up. That's ridiculous.

My point was, threads like these helplessly bashing a presidential candidate are retarded. If you have something to say about his policies, lets hear it. If not, then keep crap topics like this to yourself.

For that matter, why are none of these threads about McCain started? Why do people not say the same things about him? Listen, I am currently undecided as who I will vote for, but I will admit I am not exactly a McCain fan. I am trying to warm up to some of his policies and ideals, and doing more research. Am I going to start rediculous threads calling him names and acting in general idiotic? Nope.

I find it funny that the McCain fans on this board find the need to start thread after thread like this, bashing Obama. Calling him names, etc. etc. (Certainly, this isn't all McCain supporters, but you see what I mean.) Yet, the Obama supporters on here do no such thing about McCain. If you don't like him so much, why even bring him up?

Seems like somebody can't stop talking about Obama.

olevetonahill
7/25/2008, 06:16 PM
Aint America Great ?
we even have a nOOb coming here and telling us how and what to Post :rolleyes:

Echoes
7/25/2008, 06:38 PM
Just because I dont have a large amount of posts doesn't make me a noob, genious.

I think I am in the consesus here when I say that posts mindlessly bashing people for no apparent reason are stupid, and generally a negative on the south oval. Mind you, I know that the SO is not always a hub of intelligent conversation, but what do topics like this seriously add?

Nothing.

olevetonahill
7/25/2008, 06:41 PM
Just because I dont have a large amount of posts doesn't make me a noob, genious.

I think I am in the consesus here when I say that posts mindlessly bashing people for no apparent reason are stupid, and generally a negative on the south oval. Mind you, I know that the SO is not always a hub of intelligent conversation, but what do topics like this seriously add?

Nothing.

then why you posting in it ? Genious.:rolleyes:

Echoes
7/25/2008, 06:42 PM
To throw a little negative light on threads like this?

But your right, better to just let it settle to the bottom. It was headed there anyways. :)

olevetonahill
7/25/2008, 06:49 PM
told you you didnt want to start a Neg war .:P

Echoes
7/25/2008, 07:05 PM
You're right.

I refuse to neg a bunch of posts you made that I don't have any problem with because I had a little spat with you over a ridiculous topic. Apparently, you have no problem doing something like that.

I guess that's the difference between me and you. I am a little bigger then that.

olevetonahill
7/25/2008, 07:11 PM
You're right.

I refuse to neg a bunch of posts you made that I don't have any problem because I had a little spat with you over a ridiculous topic. Apparently, you have no problem doing something like that.

I guess that's the difference between me and you. I am a little bigger then that.

:rolleyes:

Whet
7/25/2008, 08:02 PM
And, we shall now read from the Book of Obama of the Revised Newer Testament, starting with Obama 1:1 through 1:25

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

When he was twelve years old, they found him in the temple in the City of Chicago, arguing the finer points of community organisation with the Prophet Jeremiah and the Elders. And the Elders were astonished at what they heard and said among themselves: “Verily, who is this Child that he opens our hearts and minds to the audacity of hope?”

In the great Battles of Caucus and Primary he smote the conniving Hillary, wife of the deposed King Bill the Priapic and their barbarian hordes of Working Class Whites.

And so it was, in the fullness of time, before the harvest month of the appointed year, the Child ventured forth - for the first time - to bring the light unto all the world.

He travelled fleet of foot and light of camel, with a small retinue that consisted only of his loyal disciples from the tribe of the Media. He ventured first to the land of the Hindu Kush, where the
Taleban had harboured the viper of al-Qaeda in their bosom, raining terror on all the world.

And the Child spake and the tribes of Nato immediately loosed the Caveats that had previously bound them. And in the great battle that ensued the forces of the light were triumphant. For as long as the Child stood with his arms raised aloft, the enemy suffered great blows and the threat of terror was no more.

From there he went forth to Mesopotamia where he was received by the great ruler al-Maliki, and al-Maliki spake unto him and blessed his Sixteen Month Troop Withdrawal Plan even as the imperial warrior Petraeus tried to destroy it.

And lo, in Mesopotamia, a miracle occurred. Even though the Great Surge of Armour that the evil Bush had ordered had been a terrible mistake, a waste of vital military resources and doomed to end in disaster, the Child's very presence suddenly brought forth a great victory for the forces of the light.
And the Persians, who saw all this and were greatly fearful, longed to speak with the Child and saw that the Child was the bringer of peace. At the mention of his name they quickly laid aside their intrigues and beat their uranium swords into civil nuclear energy ploughshares.

From there the Child went up to the city of Jerusalem, and entered through the gate seated on an ***. The crowds of network anchors who had followed him from afar cheered “Hosanna” and waved great palm fronds and strewed them at his feet.

In Jerusalem and in surrounding Palestine, the Child spake to the Hebrews and the Arabs, as the Scripture had foretold. And in an instant, the lion lay down with the lamb, and the Israelites and Ishmaelites ended their long enmity and lived for ever after in peace.

As word spread throughout the land about the Child's wondrous works, peoples from all over flocked to hear him; Hittites and Abbasids; Obamacons and McCainiacs; Cameroonians and Blairites.

And they told of strange and wondrous things that greeted the news of the Child's journey. Around the world, global temperatures began to decline, and the ocean levels fell and the great warming was over.

The Great Prophet Algore of Nobel and Oscar, who many had believed was the anointed one, smiled and told his followers that the Child was the one generations had been waiting for.

And there were other wonderful signs. In the city of the Street at the Wall, spreads on interbank interest rates dropped like manna from Heaven and rates on credit default swaps fell to the ground as dead birds from the almond tree, and the people who had lived in foreclosure were able to borrow again.

Black gold gushed from the ground at prices well below $140 per barrel. In hospitals across the land the sick were cured even though they were uninsured. And all because the Child had pronounced it.

And this is the testimony of one who speaks the truth and bears witness to the truth so that you might believe. And he knows it is the truth for he saw it all on CNN and the BBC and in the pages of The New York Times.

Then the Child ventured forth from Israel and Palestine and stepped onto the shores of the Old Continent. In the land of Queen Angela of Merkel, vast multitudes gathered to hear his voice, and he preached to them at length.
But when he had finished speaking his disciples told him the crowd was hungry, for they had had nothing to eat all the hours they had waited for him.

And so the Child told his disciples to fetch some food but all they had was five loaves and a couple of frankfurters. So he took the bread and the frankfurters and blessed them and told his disciples to feed the multitudes. And when all had eaten their fill, the scraps filled twelve baskets.

Thence he travelled west to Mount Sarkozy. Even the beauteous Princess Carla of the tribe of the Bruni was struck by awe and she was great in love with the Child, but he was tempted not.

On the Seventh Day he walked across the Channel of the Angles to the ancient land of the hooligans. There he was welcomed with open arms by the once great prophet Blair and his successor, Gordon the Leper, and his successor, David the Golden One.

And suddenly, with the men appeared the archangel Gabriel and the whole host of the heavenly choir, ranks of cherubim and seraphim, all praising God and singing: “Yes, We Can.”

Now, if we can please raise our heads, place our hands in our pockets, and dig, dig deep for the tythes to our great saviour! Pay, yes, pay for the holy work of the saviour Obama!

All ye go forth to spread the word of the Book of Obama!

Can I have a "Praise Barry"?

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 08:07 PM
That was freakin allsome! :D

Praise Brack! :P

def_lazer_fc
7/25/2008, 11:02 PM
You're right.

I refuse to neg a bunch of posts you made that I don't have any problem with because I had a little spat with you over a ridiculous topic. Apparently, you have no problem doing something like that.

i wouldn't get to worked up. half the people who post here are usually drunk anyway.

i think a lot of this anger is coming from the fact that while a lot of dems are actually sort of excited to vote for their candidate, the pubs just kinda got stuck with mccain. thats why you are more likely to see a ton of negative obama threads as opposed to positive mccain ones.

def_lazer_fc
7/25/2008, 11:04 PM
is it kind of ironic with all these posts mocking worshipping someone and yet.... ;)

its ridiculous how much a lot of people here worship the great bob stoops, and that dude's just a football coach.

Jerk
7/25/2008, 11:07 PM
You're right.

who in the **** are you?

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 11:08 PM
who in the **** are you?

He's Vet's new friend. :D

Jerk
7/25/2008, 11:11 PM
He's Vet's new friend. :D

Ah! I'm too drunk to read all 3 pages of this non-sense.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 11:14 PM

We at least got Echoes turned a nice shade of red. :P

...sassing the Vet like that. :mad:

def_lazer_fc
7/25/2008, 11:16 PM

see? :D

Veritas
7/26/2008, 07:13 AM
is it kind of ironic with all these posts mocking worshipping someone and yet.... ;)

its ridiculous how much a lot of people here worship the great bob stoops, and that dude's just a football coach.
Just a football coach that won an MNC two years after taking over a program that was circling the drain. I'd like to see Brack do that! :texan:

Jerk
7/26/2008, 08:12 AM
Look, all these Germans will be voting for Brack this November:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/276/obama600rightpl9.jpg

soonerhubs
7/26/2008, 08:17 AM
Just a football coach that won an MNC two years after taking over a program that was circling the drain. I'd like to see Brack do that! :texan:

That's far too many executive decisions to be made by America's version of Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev Jr. The guy screams of socialism, yet he has never had to make a major executive decision in his career. This while he runs for the head of the EXECUTIVE branch? So two strikes are marked in this poster's book.

To be fair, I don't see too much experience in that venue by McCain, but he's headed many more committees than the media's new left wing, hollow-suited, naive darling from Illinois. (As an aside, I propose that McCain will show his wisdom if he picks Romney as his VP based on the above stated rationale.)

Who are these people who think it's a wise idea for Obama to take the money away from someone who works hard and smart just to give it to those who are quite often lazy and indolent?

I know some folks need welfare, but you're lying to yourself if you think most of them on the dole couldn't make an honest living by pushing their back side up from the chair and getting out to get a job. Heck we all have to start somewhere! Even those with disabilities such as paralysis make honest livings, so I struggle to find other legitimate excuses out there.
I digress.

The point of this post is to say, Obama is unproven in his capacities, and by the hollow rhetoric he gave in Europe and other nations this week, I can only say I didn't see an American Patriot, I saw a socialist sooth sayer who was not so eloquently quoting Bono of U2 while he kissed the rest of the world's collective butt. Foreign relations are important, but not at the concession of OUR AMERICA and our way of life.

The guy's a joke.
I'll ask it again:
Who are these people who think it's a wise idea for Obama to take the money away from someone who works hard and smart just to give it to those who are quite often lazy and indolent?

King Crimson
7/26/2008, 08:25 AM
more commie paranoia and yet another Obama is the Debbil dogpile.....i love it.

you know what we need? a true Reagan Conservative.

Jerk
7/26/2008, 08:30 AM
To be fair, I don't see too much experience in that venue by McCain,

Being a trained military officer helps.

Bush II was a governor
Clinton was a governor
Bush Sr was a governor
Reagan was a governor
Carter...gov. of GA?
Ford was minority leader in the House
LBJ..Governor of Texas?
JFK...PT Boat Commander
Eisenhower....General
ETC ETC

soonerhubs
7/26/2008, 08:41 AM

Bush II was a governor
Clinton was a governor
Bush Sr was a governor
Reagan was a governor
Carter...gov. of GA?
LBJ..Governor of Texas?
JFK...PT Boat Commander
Eisenhower....General
ETC ETC

Fair enough, I just didn't know for certain beyond his Senatorial experience. Oh, and yes King Crimson we need someone who cuts taxes, but also cuts spending. Washington is out of control in that regard.
I'll ask again:
Who are these people that think it's a wise idea for Obama to take the money away from someone who works hard and smart just to give it to those who are quite often lazy and indolent?

Jerk
7/26/2008, 08:50 AM
Maybe it's just me, but It seems like Brack is kind of like one of those guys who lives in the college library, makes the Dean's Honor Roll every semester, but has never had any real world experience. They study theory and philosophy, and want to make the world a better place. On paper, it sounds great.

I actually wish Brack the best if he becomes President. Hey, I live here too, and I don't want to be caught up in a draining swirl going down the comode if things go to ****.

eta- this rockstar mania kind of disturbs me...I don't know why. What happened to good ole' fashioned American skepticism? This is like the gadget one buys on TV for $19.95

soonervegas
7/26/2008, 10:03 AM
yet he has never had to make a major executive decision in his career. This while he runs for the head of the EXECUTIVE branch? The point of this post is to say, Obama is unproven in his capacities.....The guy's a joke.

The exact same things could have been said about Abraham Lincoln. I'm just saying.....

soonerhubs
7/26/2008, 11:06 AM
The exact same things could have been said about Abraham Lincoln. I'm just saying.....

Ah but would Lincoln have turned down a debate? I think not.

JohnnyMack
7/26/2008, 11:19 AM

Bush II was a governor
Clinton was a governor
Bush Sr was a governor
Reagan was a governor
Carter...gov. of GA?
LBJ..Governor of Texas?
JFK...PT Boat Commander
Eisenhower....General
ETC ETC

two of those you listed as having been governors, weren't.

King Crimson
7/26/2008, 11:22 AM
two of those you listed as having been governors, weren't.

Bush, sr. LBJ.

Whet
7/26/2008, 11:28 AM
That's right! Lyndon was the Emperor of Texas!

King Crimson
7/26/2008, 11:30 AM
yet another nonsensical post from "Whet". those crazy dems.

r5TPsooner
7/26/2008, 12:02 PM
All hail the Obama!

All hail the Obama!

soonerhubs
7/26/2008, 12:11 PM
I respectfully ask this question: Can anyone show me where raising taxes has helped our economy to grow in the past?

Veritas
7/26/2008, 01:16 PM
There is a rumor that Obama might make a surprise visit to Lincoln...the sick have started lining up hoping that his touch can cure what ails them.

(that's a meat pitch there, folks :D )

soonervegas
7/26/2008, 01:43 PM
Soonerhubler...that's a good question. I would be curious to see if the following two presidents raised taxes during their terms:

FDR
Clinton

Both were dems who seemed to leave the cupboard more stocked than when they left. I am not quite that smart though....mayybe some of our more educated posters can enlighten us on the above two presidents tax policies. I can't imagine that they did not raise taxes.