PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Tailgate Party Info!!!

C&CDean
7/24/2008, 05:05 PM
Alright boys and girls, Phil and I have discussed this years tailgate scenario. There are still some minor details to work out, but the following is pretty much locked in:

-Yes, there will be SF.com tailgate parties this year.

-Yes, they will still be at the Casa Blanca building on the corner of Boyd and Jenkins.

-Yes, there will still be season ($105) and game-by-game ($20) parking available at the tailgate site.

-Yes, we will still be soliciting tailgate sponsors ($300). Your sponsorship includes a season parking pass.

-Yes, we still have the milk jar for folks who'd graciously like to contribute to the cause.

-Yes, Mrs. Dean will be in charge of the menus and setup. Don't **** with her, she's the tailgate nazi and is not to be trifled with.

-Yes, everybody is welcome and encouraged to attend - including opposing fans. If you've never managed to make one, you really should try this year. We have a good time with good food, good drinks, and good people.

-Yes, we will have the television and satellite going to watch all the games and you can even camp at the tailgate site and watch the OU game there if'n you ain't got tickets.

-Yes, you can always find somebody with available tickets at every tailgate.

-No, we do not have an RV this year, however, we are renting porta-****ters (2 on a trailer) and we have all the awnings, tables, chairs, etc.

I think that pretty much covers it for now.

http://www.soonerfans.com/tailgate/2008tailgate.html

picasso
7/24/2008, 05:10 PM
great news. can't wait to see everybody I argue with!

colleyvillesooner
7/24/2008, 05:13 PM
shut it ******. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/24/2008, 05:23 PM
Please mark me down for a parking spot, por favor

C&CDean
7/24/2008, 05:27 PM
Please mark me down for a parking spot, por favor

Done.

yermom
7/24/2008, 05:42 PM
i never use Dean's terlit anyway :P

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 06:24 PM
Dean, I was going to make a thread 'bout this:

The corner of Jenkins and Lindsey, SW side will be closed off beginning the first week in August. The area includes all the grassy area and parking lots that, up until now, have been used for "tailgate" awnings and parking.

The cordoned-off area goes from Lindsey St south to the other side of Huffman (Farmer St.), and likely over to Asp.

This site is being restricted because of construction of the new OU swimmin' hole, beginning on October 3rd.

As with any construction operation, the specific details are quite flexible, but the jist is: Parking is even more a premium this year.

Hence, a plug for sponsorship.

Maybe should be a thread too?

yermom
7/24/2008, 06:27 PM
all the more reason to be on 2 wheels this fall :D

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 06:33 PM
Put us down for a parking spot please...and we're supplying/sponsoring alcoholic drinks for the TCU game since it'll be promotion time for me.

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 06:49 PM
all the more reason to be on 2 wheels this fall :D

Or two feet!

setem
7/24/2008, 08:18 PM
I would like 2 parking spots. 1 for myself and 1 for my sister's family.

Good Day

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 08:43 PM
Dean, mark me down for a parking spot. Anyone want to go halvsies on sponsoring a tailgate let me know as I'll be happy to do so.

Sooner24
7/24/2008, 10:45 PM
Put us down for a parking spot please...and we're supplying/sponsoring alcoholic drinks for the TCU game since it'll be promotion time for me.

I heard that Dean has hired the Zoo Amphitheater security to control people coming into the tailgate. ;)

Lott's Bandana
7/25/2008, 12:05 AM
I heard that Dean has hired the Zoo Amphitheater security to control people coming into the tailgate. ;)

Oooooooooooooooooh.

snap.

:D

C&CDean
7/25/2008, 10:22 AM
Those folks interested in sponsoring a tailgate or purchasing a parking spot need to peem me so I can give you the address to send the check to. No, I don't do pay pal.

So far we've got 1 game sponsor and about 5-6 season parkers and a couple game-by-game parkers. If you're wanting parking passes you need to let me know fairly soon, otherwise they'll all be taken (especially with the parking issues that Lott's Bandana pointed out).

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:37 PM
I'll be there only if its a big man party!

BigDeezy
7/25/2008, 10:39 PM
Dean,

Please put me down for a parking spot again.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks.

BigDeezy

sooneron
7/27/2008, 05:21 PM
you guys really should check out LNC

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 07:27 PM
I think I'm going to make it up once this year to Norman. All I want is to drink beer with The Vet!!!

C&CDean
7/28/2008, 08:54 AM
I'll be there only if its a big man party!

If by "big man party" you mean "will there be other big men there?" then the answer would be yes.

If you mean "I'm gay and want to look at big men" then the answer would still be yes.

If you mean "I'm gay and want to score on a big man" then the answer would be no - unless Doleo and Yermom are there. I've heard rumors they're looking for some meat in their sammich, if you know what I mean...

StoopTroup
7/28/2008, 01:23 PM
This is getting even better than the sticky in the SO IMO... :D

:pop:

AllAboutThe'O'
7/30/2008, 03:19 AM
I'm hoping to make it for the Nebraska game along with a buddy of mine (a Nebraska fan BTW). But we have to see how our financial situation is in a few months.

C&CDean
7/30/2008, 09:25 AM
I'm hoping to make it for the Nebraska game along with a buddy of mine (a Nebraska fan BTW). But we have to see how our financial situation is in a few months.

Opposing team's fans are always welcome at our tailgates. We haven't drawn and quartered one since.........2003 I think.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/30/2008, 03:16 PM
Opposing team's fans are always welcome at our tailgates. We haven't drawn and quartered one since.........2003 I think.

I guarantee you'll like this guy, provided that we do go. He's the nicest Nebraska fan I know this side of royalfan5.

BoomerGirl34
8/4/2008, 09:14 PM
Will be a tailgatin' n00b this year. Please be gentle.

colleyvillesooner
8/6/2008, 09:42 PM
Dean, mark me down for a parking spot. Anyone want to go halvsies on sponsoring a tailgate let me know as I'll be happy to do so.

PEEM's sent...

olevetonahill
8/6/2008, 11:00 PM
PEEM's sent...

Do 7 ,
One point 75 Litre Bottles work fer a parking space ?;)

BFS
8/7/2008, 08:30 AM
Deano
What time are you setting up? Want to make sure I don't get too drank too early!

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/10/2008, 07:49 PM
Will be a tailgatin' n00b this year. Please be gentle.

I, as well..BoomerGirl.....Any suggestions, anyone? I will be driving over from Arkansas and want to make sure we have a great time. Any other tips on making the most of our Gameday experience (where to go etc)?

C&CDean
8/11/2008, 09:24 AM
I, as well..BoomerGirl.....Any suggestions, anyone? I will be driving over from Arkansas and want to make sure we have a great time. Any other tips on making the most of our Gameday experience (where to go etc)?

Come to the tailgate and park there. A season parking pass is $105, game-by-game is $20 per game. With all the construction, less available parking, etc., ease your mind by reserving a spot. We're 1 block from Campus Corner, 3 blocks from the stadium, and it's easy to get in/out. I take parking reservations for season and single games. If you don't reserve, you can try showing up and if there's any spots available we may be able to squeeze you in. No guarantees though.

The key to our tailgates is to not be shy. Just show up and say "hey, I'm xxxxxxxxxxxxx on the board." I've had a lot of people over the years go "dude, I wanted to stop by - hell we walk right by it, but I don't know what to say." I always say "hello works."

It's a very laid back affair. Help yourself to the food, drinks, etc. Gratis. If you partake, and wish to contribute to the cause, there is a glass milk jar by the television where you can drop a donation. There'll be a couple porta-****ters, satellite TV with NCAA package, and good company. Hang with us, or grab a beer and go wander around campus. It's all good...

colleyvillesooner
8/11/2008, 09:43 AM
Anyone want to split a tailgate with me? Maybe the Nebraska game? I'd like to help out, but can only work a half into the budget. PEEM if interested...

C&CDean
8/11/2008, 09:50 AM
If somebody hooks up with colleyville, I'll throw in an extra season parking pass so both sponsors have season parking. Same goes for anybody else who wants to team up.

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/11/2008, 06:12 PM
If somebody hooks up with colleyville, I'll throw in an extra season parking pass so both sponsors have season parking. Same goes for anybody else who wants to team up.

okay guys, sorry I am a noob, but what exactly is a tailgate sponsor? What is the difference between being a sponsor and just buying a parking pass? When do we give you the $$$$? The first game? Sorry I am a retard (Oh well, it could be worse.....I could be from Texa$$$

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 06:32 PM
okay guys, sorry I am a noob, but what exactly is a tailgate sponsor? What is the difference between being a sponsor and just buying a parking pass? When do we give you the $$$$? The first game? Sorry I am a retard (Oh well, it could be worse.....I could be from Texa$$$

Its nOOB damnit :mad:
sponsoring a TG is Paying fer the food and beer and stuff. Ya Mail Dean the Money . If you go halvzes with CVS its Only like 150 bucks but you get to Park every game free ;)

Turd_Ferguson
8/11/2008, 06:52 PM
What if someone just want's to donate to the cause? I may or may not show up. There's not too many people on here that I like.

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 06:56 PM
What if someone just want's to donate to the cause? I may or may not show up. There's not too many people on here that I like.

Dean Aint Proud He will Take cash from any Ho :hot:

SoonerStormchaser
8/11/2008, 06:59 PM
:dean:

I am sponsoring the alcoholic beverages at the Whorny Toad game on Sept. 27th.

The tradition is that when you get promoted in the ossifer ranks, you buy drinks for all your homies...

olevetonahill
8/11/2008, 07:00 PM
:dean:

I am sponsoring the alcoholic beverages at the Whorny Toad game on Sept. 27th.

The tradition is that when you get promoted in the ossifer ranks, you buy drinks for all your homies...

So your gonna Pay me fer the Bottle I send / bring ?:P

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/12/2008, 06:53 AM
Dean, I sent my check for $105. If I help Colleyville how much more is that since I already paid for parking?

olevetonahill
8/12/2008, 07:34 AM
Dean, I sent my check for $105. If I help Colleyville how much more is that since I already paid for parking?

Id say 45 By my MY math But what the hell do I know ?:cool:

SoonerStormchaser
8/12/2008, 02:25 PM
So your gonna Pay me fer the Bottle I send / bring ?:P

Nope...cause you're gonna be there cause I'm buying you a 12pack of natty light!

olevetonahill
8/12/2008, 04:48 PM
Nope...cause you're gonna be there cause I'm buying you a 12pack of natty light!

What game is this ?

goingoneight
8/12/2008, 09:35 PM
PeeWee game in Norman, early Saturday morning... BYON.

Turd_Ferguson
8/12/2008, 09:48 PM
PeeWee game in Norman, early Saturday morning... BYON.I'll be in front of the skate'n rink with a 30 pack of Natty,....can someone give me a lift?

jwlynn64
8/13/2008, 08:13 AM
I contacted colleyvillesooner and it looks like he has found a sponsorship partner. If anyone else is interested in splitting the cost of another game, please let me know.

C&CDean
8/13/2008, 09:36 AM
Update:

Somebody help jwlynn64 out here.

We're halfway home on sponsorships. We've got 3 games sponsored for sure, and still need to get the other 3 picked up.

Tenn/Chattanooga, Nebraska, and Texas Tech are all spoken for.

Who's gonna step up this year and help the brothers and sisters out?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/13/2008, 11:09 AM
Dean, Would it be possible for us to have roasted corn at the Nebbish tailgate? Colleyville and I thought that would be appropriate.

C&CDean
8/13/2008, 01:29 PM
Dean, Would it be possible for us to have roasted corn at the Nebbish tailgate? Colleyville and I thought that would be appropriate.

I'll get the corn if you'll do the roasting. I'm also looking for grill volunteers this year. I ain't spending my whole tailgate in front of a smoky grill.

C&CDean
8/15/2008, 01:57 PM
Update:

A couple of posters have teamed up to sponsor, so now we have four home games sponsored. Chattanooga, KU, NU, and the Zorros. Way to go sponsors!! Each sponsor (whole or partial) gets a season parking pass.

Cincy and TCU are still available for sponsorship. Who's in?

I also have a few season parking passes available at $105. Only two weeks left until kickoff, so if you're interested, speak up now.

Soonerwake
8/15/2008, 02:02 PM
I'll take the TCU game. We sponsored Mizzou last year and would be glad to participate again.

jwlynn64
8/15/2008, 02:07 PM
I'm still game for co-sponsoring the last one. I'm pretty reliable if that is keeping anyone from stepping up.

C&CDean
8/15/2008, 02:28 PM
I'll take the TCU game. We sponsored Mizzou last year and would be glad to participate again.

Send me a PM and I'll send you my address. You gonna bring the whole crew again?

C&CDean
8/15/2008, 02:29 PM
Somebody hook up with jwlynn64 so we can focus on the show.

StoopTroup
8/23/2008, 02:34 PM
Sent ya the dOUgh for the KU Sponsorship today.

C&CDean
8/25/2008, 08:57 AM
Cool.

colleyvillesooner
8/25/2008, 12:02 PM
Cash my check already, beyonce. :mad:

;)

C&CDean
8/26/2008, 11:53 AM
Cash my check already, beyonce. :mad:

;)
All in good time my pet, all in good time...

SoonerStormchaser
8/27/2008, 11:05 AM
Dean, I already said I'd take the TCU game and will pay you on Saturday.

jrfootballou
8/27/2008, 02:15 PM
yeah ill go with jlew1818

soonermagicgirl
8/30/2008, 11:14 AM
Hey guys.. I'm back. If you still need help with a sponsorship let me know. I can go halfs with someone

soonermagicgirl
8/30/2008, 08:48 PM
Hey everyone it was great seeing you guys again at the tailgate! We had a blast like always. We left just in time before the rain came in LOL. Paul and I will be there bright and early next saturday to help you guys set up. Around 10am or so right?

Dean,
I didn't get my sponsor parking pass, Lisa said she was out and would bring next saturday so don't forget :)

Thanks!
Emily

C&CDean
9/1/2008, 07:39 AM
The tailgate was good. The rain, not so much. We did manage to get the TV and satellite box in before the rain, but we spent all day yesterday drying out chairs/awnings/trailer/etc.

Thanks to all who came by, and special thanks to the sponsors and the folks who showed up early to help set up. Doleo, BFS & Juan, and SoonerStormChaser. You guys are bombalicious.

Next week's game is a 2:30 kick off, so the tailgate will start about 11-11:30ish. Final details on the menu are being worked out, and I'll start a new thread tomorrow with the plan.

badger
9/2/2008, 09:02 AM
ATTN: Dean

RE: Tomatoes from farm.

I hear that a certain farmer named Dean provided fresh tomatoes at Saturday's tailgate. If this farmer named Dean would come forward, I have a proposition for you: A magazine with your cover boy on it that I bought in Iowa last weekend, in exchange for some little tomatoes :D

olevetonahill
9/2/2008, 09:16 AM
Bribery will get you everywhere:D

badger
9/2/2008, 09:30 AM
Sorry, they only sold Viking $#!+ in Minnesota and Iowa apparently doesn't give a d@mn about either. Missouri was a week or two behind on SI, because they're still selling the Chase Daniel squat cover.

picasso
9/2/2008, 12:41 PM
thanks for the home made sarsaparilla.

C&CDean
9/2/2008, 02:18 PM
Nothing beats fresh garden tomatoes.

Last night, momma canned a bunch of quarts for this year's chili. If there's more ripe ones this week (which there should be) I'll bring them to the Cincy tailgate.

olevetonahill
9/15/2009, 06:16 PM
This needs a Bump cause some peeps dont know where it is .

unbiasedtruth
9/15/2009, 06:26 PM
thanks....

olevetonahill
9/15/2009, 06:27 PM
thanks....

I posted the Link on the SO also

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 06:32 PM
All ya ever need to do is PM one of us that's actually driven there. We can help ya. :D

olevetonahill
9/15/2009, 06:38 PM
All ya ever need to do is PM one of us that's actually driven there. We can help ya. :D

So what yer saying is
Every One thats been to a Tail Gate should Post that Info in their Sig or Make a Custom user title that says that
Yer a Dumbass.:P :D

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2009, 06:40 PM
So what yer saying is
Every One thats been to a Tail Gate should Post that Info in their Sig or Make a Custom user title that says that
Yer a Dumbass.:P :D

Like this?

----------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Lott's Bandana and I know where the corner of Boyd and Jenkins is!! Do you?

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 06:52 PM
^ LOL!

olevetonahill
9/15/2009, 07:03 PM
Like this?

----------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Lott's Bandana and I know where the corner of Boyd and Jenkins is!! Do you?

Thats what that dumbass ST would want us to do .:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 07:05 PM
Not Really Vet.

I think we should do a poll on it. :D

olevetonahill
9/15/2009, 07:07 PM
Not Really Vet.

I think we should do a poll on it. :D

Yer actin like a nOOb ya caint even spel it right :rolleyes:
Its Pole ;)

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 07:19 PM
Depends on the poll.

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 07:47 PM
Post a Poll
Yes, post a pollwith this thread
Number of poll options:

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2009, 07:50 PM
I like Poleish sausage.

olevetonahill
9/15/2009, 07:51 PM
Post a Poll
Yes, post a pollwith this thread
Number of poll options:

Done did post a Pole ya dumbass
It was 100% unanimous POLE so quit yer crying and go lick yer wounds someres else .:D

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 07:52 PM
http://assets1.likeme.net/21101/large/el_pollo_loco.png.jpg

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 07:54 PM
http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/el-pollo-loco-for-the-knockout.jpg

yermom
9/15/2009, 08:00 PM
i wish we had those here :D

olevetonahill
9/15/2009, 08:01 PM
i wish we had those here :D

A Pole Right ? :D

yermom
9/15/2009, 08:03 PM
crazy chickens

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 08:16 PM