PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Pines B&B/Restaurant

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 02:22 PM
The wife and I will be celebrating #15 next week and was think about this place as a nice cozy spot. I have heard nothing but good things about it, but some 1st hand knowledge on the place would be appreciated.

I also have the Skirvin and Aaron's Gate Country Getaway as options as well. Any opinions or past experiences would be appreciated.

I was going to book Jarret (sp?) Farms but the supposedly went out of business or the owners retired? Bummer.

Boomer.....
7/24/2008, 02:26 PM
I have been out there for a wedding and for dinner. Very nice place with good food. Not sure how the rooms are though.

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 02:28 PM
I have been out there for a wedding and for dinner. Very nice place with good food. Not sure how the rooms are though.

Very bright. :D

I might have to turn in my man card if we stay there.

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 02:31 PM
The wife and I will be celebrating #15 next week and was think about this place as a nice cozy spot. I have heard nothing but good things about it, but some 1st hand knowledge on the place would be appreciated.

I also have the Skirvin and Aaron's Gate Country Getaway as options as well. Any opinions or past experiences would be appreciated.

I was going to book Jarret (sp?) Farms but the supposedly went out of business or the owners retired? Bummer.

The Colcord is teh win. As nice as teh Skirvin, but with a bit of an edge. Restaurant better too.

Only heard $$$ when WP referenced. If you go, gives us a fill-in?

Oh, and congrats! Gonna get some more toe action? ;)

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 02:39 PM
The Colcord is teh win. As nice as teh Skirvin, but with a bit of an edge. Restaurant better too.

Only heard $$$ when WP referenced. If you go, gives us a fill-in?

Oh, and congrats! Gonna get some more toe action? ;)

They all have there advantages but I absolutely hate paying $10 for parking when I'm gonna shell out $189+tax at your hotel/establishment.

Whispering Pines is the same price as the Skirvin but out off Hwy 9 I think in the semi boonies.

Aarons Gate is my favorite way out in the Boonies in Guthrie. Plus the in room massage and hot tub on a private deck is tempting as hell. However, at $329/nite I'm not sure that Bruce would even pay that.

Hamhock
7/24/2008, 02:43 PM

i can vouch for the skirvin, then a walk to Red Prime, then drinks at the Red Piano bar and then nookie.

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 02:46 PM
i can vouch for the skirvin, then a walk to Red Prime, then drinks at the Red Piano bar and then nookie.

How good is the Red Prime? Can't be worse than Mickey Mantle's.

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 02:47 PM
They all have there advantages but I absolutely hate paying $10 for parking when I'm gonna shell out $189+tax at your hotel/establishment.

Whispering Pines is the same price as the Skirvin but out off Hwy 9 I think in the semi boonies.

Aarons Gate is my favorite way out in the Boonies in Guthrie. Plus the in room massage and hot tub on a private deck is tempting as hell. However, at $329/nite I'm not sure that Bruce would even pay that.

Parking on the street is free after 6pm and weekends...I have done that at the Skirvin during "successful" dates several times, my car surrounded by the cars of many of my cheap friends!

r5, figgered the in-room massage was a given? No reason to sub-contract that out on Anny night!

Oh, and WP has plenty of room out front for them to set up a sprinkler for you to run through...prolly wouldn't cost another one-fitty either!

Hamhock
7/24/2008, 02:47 PM
How good is the Red Prime? Can't be worse than Mickey Mantle's.

i thought it was awesome. the crust/sauce thing sounds really weird. i didn't try it the first time. the second time i got the sugar/sea salt crust with bernaise. it was tasty. very different atmosphere.

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 02:49 PM
i thought it was awesome. the crust/sauce thing sounds really weird. i didn't try it the first time. the second time i got the sugar/sea salt crust with bernaise. it was tasty. very different atmosphere.

Business casual or do I have to wear a freakin tie?:D

Hamhock
7/24/2008, 02:53 PM
Business casual or do I have to wear a freakin tie?:D

i had just come from the golf course last time. shorts and a polo.

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 02:54 PM
i had just come from the golf course last time. shorts and a polo.

In. My kind of place. Bowling shirt and cargo shorts.:D