PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty or Mitt Romney?

JohnnyMack
7/23/2008, 09:15 PM
Those seem to be the three names rising to the top of McCains VP selection.

Anyone wanna take a guess at who gets it? My guess is Pawlenty. I think the other two are red herrings.

Scott D
7/23/2008, 09:18 PM
if he really wants to tweak the nose of the middle east he'd pick Lieberman. Nothing would **** em off more than to know if McCain dies in office that a Jew would take over ;)

SoonerStormchaser
7/23/2008, 09:22 PM
Lieberman would be a great pick to try and snag some left leaning moderates...but would totally **** off the conservative base.

Romney or Jindal would be great for McCain for shoring up the conservative base, but would screw him out of a lot of moderate votes.

Pawlenty isn't that well known...and that might make him a Dan Quayle mold.

Curly Bill
7/23/2008, 09:23 PM
if he really wants to tweak the nose of the middle east he'd pick Lieberman. Nothing would **** em off more than to know if McCain dies in office that a Jew would take over ;)

Makes one wonder what Israel thinks about a Muslim heading up the donk ticket. :P

47straight
7/23/2008, 09:24 PM

I guarentee you there would be no "Death to McCain!" chants!

Frozen Sooner
7/23/2008, 09:26 PM
Jindal took his name out of the running today or yesterday.

So he's probably it.

soonerinabilene
7/23/2008, 09:48 PM
Im hoping for Huckabee.

Pricetag
7/23/2008, 10:27 PM
I like Romney. Both his names are weird, not just his last. That gives him the edge.

Scott D
7/23/2008, 10:32 PM
I like Romney. Both his names are weird, not just his last. That gives him the edge.

yeah but in his youth he was a creepy Crispin Glover that befriended lots of rats. Can't trust a man like that.

GrapevineSooner
7/23/2008, 10:54 PM
I think Jindal has a bright political future ahead of him. But he just recently was elected governor of Louisiana. For his sake, I hope he isn't picked.

But I could certainly see the reasoning behind such a pick.

Sooner98
7/23/2008, 11:04 PM
Jindal has the same haircut that I had in high school. That should probably eliminate him from consideration.

47straight
7/23/2008, 11:08 PM
Jindal has the same haircut that I had in high school. That should probably eliminate him from consideration.

He's kind of a dork. But in a that's-what-louisiana-needs kind of way.

StoopTroup
7/24/2008, 12:19 AM
So it's Lieberman then?

Blue
7/24/2008, 12:29 AM
Jindal always impresses me. Tonight on Glen Beck he was talking about castrating pedophiles and wanting the death penalty to be an option. he said something like, "we want predators to know if they come to Lousiana to harm our children they'll face extreme consequences." Good for him.

picasso
7/24/2008, 08:49 AM
He's kind of a dork. But in a that's-what-louisiana-needs kind of way.

ummm, all politicians are dorks. have you seen Brad Henry? About the only ones I can think of that aren't are our state's former football players.

I'll pass on Romney. he's too slimey.

swardboy
7/24/2008, 08:59 AM
Jindal would only be tainted by McCain's attempts to please liberals. Bobbie has a great future as a true conservative.

Scott D
7/24/2008, 08:36 PM
Jindal would only be tainted by McCain's attempts to please liberals. Bobbie has a great future as a true conservative.

how would he get "tainted"? McCain is likely going to die in office, meaning Jindal could resurrect the US to bask in the glow of his conservatism :rolleyes: