PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Bob

SoonerInLubbock
7/23/2008, 09:00 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-1-78/Whatever-happened-to--Big-Game-Bob--.html

Curly Bill
7/23/2008, 09:03 PM
You're such a naughty boy (or girl?) for posting that.

Pricetag
7/23/2008, 10:23 PM
And Stoops also has displayed the letters "WTLG" for "win the last game" as a prominent team motto for the 2008 season.

I hope that works out better than FINISH.

Curly Bill
7/23/2008, 10:24 PM
What we need is:

SWAGGER

Sooner Eclipse
7/23/2008, 11:40 PM
Bob needs to hang a set of truck nuts off the back of wifeys pink caddy when he drives it. :D

goingoneight
7/24/2008, 07:27 PM
So when exactly did Big Game Bob disappear, I wonder? Was it January 4th, 2001? Because I could have sworn we've won a ****load of big games since then.

Curly Bill
7/24/2008, 07:31 PM
So when exactly did Big Game Bob disappear, I wonder? Was it January 4th, 2001? Because I could have sworn we've won a ****load of big games since then.

Yeah, but how we been doing in those end of year games? No matter how much relevance peeps put on those, and there are some on here that try to discount them, they are seen as the culmination of the season. They are the biggest game of the year and we have not been doing so well in those.

Sooner98
7/24/2008, 10:47 PM
I hope that works out better than FINISH.

One thing is ALWAYS certain in the world of sports: when a team adopts the slogan of "FINISH" as their rallying cry for the year, you can be 100% positive that their team will most certainly NOT finish.

soonershane22
7/25/2008, 02:08 AM
One thing is ALWAYS certain in the world of sports: when a team adopts the slogan of "FINISH" as their rallying cry for the year, you can be 100% positive that their team will most certainly NOT finish.

You probably should have posted this at the beginning of last year. Would have saved us a world of hurt!

soonerfan28
7/25/2008, 07:19 AM
What's Bobs record against top 25 team?

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:29 PM
We need Stoops to drive onto the field in a monster truck before the 1st game...that would be so sweet man!

goingoneight
7/25/2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, but how we been doing in those end of year games? No matter how much relevance peeps put on those, and there are some on here that try to discount them, they are seen as the culmination of the season. They are the biggest game of the year and we have not been doing so well in those.

I'll buy this in 2003 and 2004.

Not biting on a Fiesta Bowl being the ultimate goal. The only time I put any stock into a bowl game not for a championship is when we desperately need to prove something. Granted, I don't like seeing us lose, but I could give a **** less that Cinderella scored it's biggest win ever in a meaningless game.

I've seen enough to prove we're still legit with games like the 2004 RRS, the 2007 BIG 12 CCG and al the many other big games that NOBODY else has proven themselves consistent at winning.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 09:36 PM
but I could give a **** less that Cinderella scored it's biggest win ever in a meaningless game.

They kept score -- that makes it not meaningless. We've disagreed on stuff before, but this is one I just don't understand from anyone...we played in a game, against an opponent, they kept the score up on the big board, it was on TV and everything, how is that meaningless?

In every game there's going to be a winner, and there's going to be a loser...which one do you want to be?

okcusooner
7/25/2008, 09:54 PM
It's easy to fall into the trap of lamenting the fact that OU hasn't won a national championship for seven seasons.

But considering 10 other very good programs out there.....SC, Miami, Florida State, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Nebraska (historically, though not lately), and Tennessee.........Perhaps one national championship a decade is getting more than it's realistic to expect.

Mjcpr
7/25/2008, 09:55 PM
They kept score -- that makes it not meaningless. We've disagreed on stuff before, but this is one I just don't understand from anyone...we played in a game, against an opponent, they kept the score up on the big board, it was on TV and everything, how is that meaningless?

In every game there's going to be a winner, and there's going to be a loser...which one do you want to be?

Word. Inside the indoor practice facility they keep track of the number of BCS games we've won.....or at least they did last time I was there.

Nowhere did I see a banner that said:

Non-National Championship Bowl Games

Who Cares - Nobody Notices - 1 Tie

goingoneight
7/25/2008, 10:38 PM

They keep score in pre-season NFL games, too. That's on a big board, broadcasted on National TV and the like also. Do you remember what New York's pre-season record or biggest victory was last year? Yeah... neither do they.

At the end of the day... what are we getting out of something like the Fiesta Bowl? Scout team practice? You do realize that the teams that rest their season on an exhibition bowl win will again be dominated by us next year?

I think this is a problem because it's happened in three true big games. I count K-State in 2003 long before I count the Fiestas because after that game, we lost credibility as the "best team of all time," and more importantly ducked when the BCS took us over SUC. In short, you have to at least consider BSU and WVU, but it's not like they really define or change anything.

Us coming up short of the crown means something's being done right AND wrong. More importantly something's being done right to keep getting there. We're not exactly in an easy conference to just waltz OUr way to BCS games.

I'll say if OU can turn around Boo's mess, if they can turn around the mess that happened in KC against K-State, we have a good enough staff to eventually turn this thorn in OUr side around. There are some viewed as better programs doing WAYYY less than we are right now with not even a fraction of the bumps in the road. We'll just see if :les: can get his team to the SEC Title without his star QB and we'll see how well Notre Dame does with those back-to-back-to-back top 5 recruiting classes this year.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 10:47 PM
They keep score in pre-season NFL games, too. That's on a big board, broadcasted on National TV and the like also. .

You're equating one of the big bowl games with NFL preseason football? You can't even be serious. Bowl games are the culmination of a season, preseason NFL is practice, seeing who should be on the team.

In short your comparison is full of FAIL.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 10:53 PM
At the end of the day... what are we getting out of something like the Fiesta Bowl? .

We're getting either a win or a loss, winners always prefer to win, losers don't care so much. I know which side I want to be on.

goingoneight
7/26/2008, 04:05 PM
You're equating one of the big bowl games with NFL preseason football? You can't even be serious. Bowl games are the culmination of a season, preseason NFL is practice, seeing who should be on the team.

In short your comparison is full of FAIL.

In short, Rich Rodriguez felt the Fiesta Bowl so important he stayed and coached in it.

No oppurtunity for an MNC = no sweat off OUr backs. Back to the drawing board. "The history of Oklahoma is about winning championships, we're not built on 7-5 seasons or bowl wins."

Okay... so say my preseason argument doesn't hold water... which is hypothetically speaking falsely, but whatever. Who won last year's NIT in basketball? Who won the Meineke Car Care Bowl? I suppose that's the culmination of their seasons as well, right?

The bowl record is nothing more than an annoyance when speaking with teams like Missouri, Texas, OSU and the like who aren't on OU's level anyway. Maybe all the moronic critics we've riled up will help us if and when we're back in an important BCS game.

VA Sooner
7/26/2008, 05:35 PM
I think it still comes down to how you finish the year. Make it to a bowl game and show your stuff. At least look like a team that wanted to be in the game and not thinking about draft day and getting to the next level.

We had a good season last year when there was such a question at QB but Bradford turned out amazing. What was not was the results of the last two Fiesta Bowls... roughs start in the first half against both Boise State and West Virginia and spending the second half trying to "catch up" with Boise State and against West Virginia, trying to sway the momentum back our way but making some gambles in the process that didn't "go our way."

Solid play, from start to finish, keeping focus. The lines are incredible this year, Bradford has an incredible year of experience under his belt and we have the depth we need everywhere but LB.

Should be a good year.

Sooner98
7/27/2008, 01:30 AM
At the end of the day... what are we getting out of something like the Fiesta Bowl?

You mean what do we get out of losing the Fiesta Bowl....Embarrassment? Humiliation? Our team once again made a national laughingstock? Ammunition for other programs to use against us in recruiting? Yeah, sure it's no big deal. :rolleyes:

You do realize that the teams that rest their season on an exhibition bowl win will again be dominated by us next year?

The Fiesta Bowl is an exhibition bowl? WTF?

bluedogok
7/27/2008, 10:12 AM
Here's a commentary on Stoops from the Austin writer Kirk Bohls.
Seems like he still thinks he is worth keeping :rolleyes:

Austin American Statesman - Stoops still among coaching elite (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/07/27/0727bohls.html)
COMMENTARY: KIRK BOHLS
Forget those bowl collapses, the guy wins

By Kirk Bohls
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Sunday, July 27, 2008

Their linebackers may not be Bosworthian any more. Besides, if Ryan Reynolds were more bandaged up, he'd be starring alongside Brendan Fraser as the mummy.

Dominique Franks intercepted three balls in the spring game, but are he and redshirt freshman Jamell Fleming good enough at cornerback to fend off all those elite quarterbacks in the Big 12?

Wide receiver Malcolm Kelly and linebacker Curtis Lofton? Both team leaders are in the NFL.

Oh, and placekicker? Oklahoma may be counting on a true freshman or 5-foot-6 redshirt freshman Jimmy Stevens to win that battle.

So just why are the Sooners the hands-on favorite to win the South Division and probably the conference title for the third consecutive year?

Bob Stoops, that's why.

Sure, there are other reasons. The offensive line may be the best in all of college football. Quarterback Sam Bradford was the nation's most efficient as a redshirt freshman, and this year he may look old enough not to hold his mother's hand before crossing the street. And that defensive front with Auston English? Having that strength worked out OK for those New York Giants.

But Stoops is the one constant.

He's still the best college coach in America not named Pete Carroll. Of course, the perpetually smiling Carroll's got all that beach front and Hollywood glitter and Rose Bowl scenery to sell recruits on L.A. There's no sand in Norman, and Stoops doesn't need it to recruit.

He gets it done with the ultimate preparation, great assistants and game-day intensity. And he doesn't stand pat. He's finally joining the parade and incorporating the no-huddle offense to combat the new 40-second clock and quick defenses. When I asked him if he's more passionate and has a greater sense of urgency after losing four of his last five bowl games, he asked brusquely, "As opposed to the years we won championships?"

Sorry, Bob. Didn't mean to step on any toes.

Mack Brown's a very good coach himself and 10 times more personable, but he doesn't have Stoops' demand for accountability (as Mack finally did in the Holiday Bowl) or his head-to-head record. Bob is 6-3 versus Mack.

And he's less afraid than Mack because his Sooners will play Miami, Florida State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Ohio State and LSU between now and 2020. Mack's Longhorns are playing Arkansas and UCLA but thereafter teams like Wyoming and Ole Miss. That's downright embarrassing for Texas.

Even Mack recognizes the fact that Stoops is one of those irreplaceable coaches; as is Mack, to be truthful.

"Bob's done a great job," the Texas coach said at the Big 12 media days in Kansas City last week. "Anybody who questions him will be really disappointed when he leaves."

And don't bet on him ever leaving. The joyless, unproductive NFL appearance by Stoops' mentor and friend Steve Spurrier with the Washington Redskins may have soured the both of them on the pro league. A financial package that could top $6 million this season, including a $3 million annuity payable on Dec. 31 if he remains on the job and completes his 10th season, could help keep him at OU longer.

When Stoops was asked about his interest in an NFL job, he said, "Who knows? It's not something that intrigues me today, especially with the (young) age of my children. But life always changes. You never know what comes."

Except Big 12 championships. Those always seem to come. In his nine seasons at OU, Stoops has won the conference five times, which any Sooners fan can tell you is four more than Mack Brown has won in his entire career.

Forget all that talk that Stoops is in decline, that he doesn't deserve that "Big Game Bob" monicker any longer.

That said, he flat out blew the Texas Tech game by trying to outpass Mike Leach after Bradford went down, instead of running all over the Red Raiders. That may have been the worst game of Stoops' career and probably cost him a berth in his fourth BCS title game.

And it's true that he got outcoached by a head coaching rookie in West Virginia's Bill Stewart and got bamboozled the year before by Boise State boy wonder Chris Petersen. Stoops goes to the desert every single Christmas, and all he has to show for it is a T-shirt and cactus pricks.

In fairness, nobody in the country wanted to play that hungry, nothing-to-lose 13-0 Boise State team and 11-2 West Virginia had only to beat Pittsburgh in last year's regular-season finale to play for the national title. OU's not losing to nobodies in those Fiesta bowls.

Stoops has 90 wins in eight seasons, more than any other Division I coach, to attest to his skills.

"Coach is big on not letting a loss carry over to next season," center Jon Cooper said. "He takes the blame. It very well could be that people think we've slipped. I could see that. People say, 'They won this but, they won that but.' There's always a 'but' in there."

But that may be rectified this season because the Sooners figure to begin the year in the top five.

Oklahoma may just need a change of bowl scenery and may get its wish. I hear it's beautiful in Miami in early January.

It was in the final game of the 2000 season, back when Bob seemed to win every big game instead of just most of them.

the_ouskull
7/27/2008, 09:28 PM
What's Bobs record against top 25 team?

What's his record against Top 25 teams in the month of January?

the_ouskull

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 09:30 PM
What's his record against Top 25 teams in the month of January?

the_ouskull

Whats yours? And other Big 12, pac 10 , sec coaches?

Who should we hire at OU?

PLaw
7/27/2008, 09:41 PM

Agreed. We've won a heckuva lot of games - but we also have been humuliated on the National stage. I mean 55. 43, and 48 - gimme a break. Barry must have been ready to blow a head gasket having "half a hundred" hung a Sooner team in a national championship.

Does anybody believe Mizzou was the best team in the country when they rose to the No. 1 ranking? Maybe, all of those games won were predominately against a low level of competition (with the exception of the horns)??

Too many busts giving up big plays at critical times on the defensive side of the ball. Call whatever you will, but I know what I call it.

BOOMER

tulsaoilerfan
7/27/2008, 10:28 PM
Did anyone really think that Bob would continue to win almost 95% of his games against Top 20 teams like he did his first 5 years? No one can keep up that kind of winning percentage against quality opponents

tulsaoilerfan
7/27/2008, 10:30 PM
Agreed. We've won a heckuva lot of games - but we also have been humuliated on the National stage. I mean 55. 43, and 48 - gimme a break. Barry must have been ready to blow a head gasket having "half a hundred" hung a Sooner team in a national championship.

Does anybody believe Mizzou was the best team in the country when they rose to the No. 1 ranking? Maybe, all of those games won were predominately against a low level of competition (with the exception of the horns)??

Too many busts giving up big plays at critical times on the defensive side of the ball. Call whatever you will, but I know what I call it.

BOOMER

Yeah, Barry's teams never stunk up a bowl game when they had a chance to win it all :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 10:32 PM
WHO THE HELL WINS THE BIG GAME EVERY YEAR? IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

Can anybody answer me this, what head coach has won 2 BCS national titles.

ZIP IT.

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 10:37 PM
WHO THE HELL WINS THE BIG GAME EVERY YEAR? IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

Can anybody answer me this, what head coach has won 2 BCS national titles.

ZIP IT.

Zip it? You are aware that this is a message board right? You are free to read and post as you please, or not.

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 10:42 PM
I'm just saying champ. When a coach wins 2 BCS titles, then we can start to complain that maybe we don't have the best coach in the nation. As of now we do have the best coach in the nation, and after this season we will have the only coach in the history of the BCS to have 2 national BCS titles.

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 10:46 PM

BOOMER

You just beggin to Be red again aint ya ?

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 10:52 PM
I'm just saying champ. When a coach wins 2 BCS titles, then we can start to complain that maybe we don't have the best coach in the nation. As of now we do have the best coach in the nation, and after this season we will have the only coach in the history of the BCS to have 2 national BCS titles.

Like I said this is a message board, we can complain when we want, that's kind of what it's for. If you don't like it go elsewhere, or at least get more then 750 posts and some more SPEK before you start telling others to ZIP IT, or calling me champ.

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 10:58 PM
Like I said this is a message board, we can complain when we want, that's kind of what it's for. If you don't like it go elsewhere, or at least get more then 750 posts and some more SPEK before you start telling others to ZIP IT, or calling me champ.

Sorry I figured that you would like the name Champ. I'm only 20, I figure by the time I'm Vets age, I'll be taking over this board!!!! haha Vet!!!

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:00 PM
Sorry I figured that you would like the name Champ. I'm only 20, I figure by the time I'm Vets age, I'll be taking over this board!!!! haha Vet!!!

Hell Bro I nevar Thot Id live to Be your Age :eek:
I turned 19 In the Boonies

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 11:03 PM
haha i feel yah!

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:03 PM

I can respect your support for Stoops, and I don't particularly disagree with you on that. I also have no problem with those that are critical of him, as I think the past few years have put him in line for some criticism.

...and by the time you're Vet's age he'll have over a billion posts, and there'll be a statue of him on the opening page of SF.com

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 11:04 PM
I can respect your support for Stoops, and I don't particularly disagree with you on that. I also have no problem with those that are critical of him, as I think the past few years have put him in line for some criticism.

...and by the time you're Vet's age he'll have over a billion posts, and there'll be a statue of him on the opening page of SF.com

hahaha EXCELLENT!!!

Yes, I'm still immature at times when it comes to posting. I will work on that.

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:10 PM

Damn Bro you Owe Me a Natty a Monitor AND a Keyboard :D

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:11 PM
hahaha EXCELLENT!!!

Yes, I'm still immature at times when it comes to posting. I will work on that.

All is good, I've stepped on toes before too, and prolly will again. I may have overreacted in the first place. :D

I think it was Big Red Ron that bashed me about a little back in the day. We be pals now though. Seriously :D

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:12 PM
Damn Bro you Owe Me a Natty a Monitor AND a Keyboard :D

I'll get it in the mail first thing! :D

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 11:13 PM
I just wish Bob loved me as much as I love him lol. Don't we all?? Where the heck is Collier at? I figured he would be in on this talk too. haha.

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:13 PM
Now In all seriousness
I STILL believe That God is sittin In BOBS Seat :pop:
Have I enjoyed the Bowl Losses ? Hell NO
But at LEAST he got us There ;)

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:18 PM
Now In all seriousness
I STILL believe That God is sittin In BOBS Seat :pop:
Have I enjoyed the Bowl Losses ? Hell NO
But at LEAST he got us There ;)

There is something to be said about you got to get there before you can win it. Next time is gonna be it. The odds are with us.

....and fair is fair, and it's OUr turn. :D

SweetPup1221
7/27/2008, 11:20 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/jackieschriver1221/07_3A-1.jpg

ME AND JLEW1818 SUPPORTING THE SOONERS DOWN IN TEXAS!

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:22 PM

AWWWW, ya'll be too sweet. :D

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 11:22 PM
ahhh how much are you selling those pics for ? lol, jk . .

Sweetpups real name is Jackie. And she is a very big fan of Super Roy.

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:25 PM
All is good, I've stepped on toes before too, and prolly will again. I may have overreacted in the first place. :D

I think it was Big Red Ron that bashed me about a little back in the day. We be pals now though. Seriously :D

You still step On toes Ho :P

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:27 PM
ahhh how much are you selling those pics for ? lol, jk . .

Sweetpups real name is Jackie. And she is a very big fan of Super Roy.

Is she HAWT ? :hot:
I might take her under my wing and Teach her some things :hot: :hot: :hot:

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:28 PM
You still step On toes Ho :P

I know!!!! :D

olevetonahill
There is something to be said about you got to get there before you can win it. Next time is gonna be it. The odds are with us.

....and fair is fair, and it's OUr turn. :D

Yup Isee #8 THIS YEAR Book it ;)

olevetonahill
I know!!!! :D

I done spekked you to Much to slap you to Red Now :O

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:29 PM
Yup Isee #8 THIS YEAR Book it ;)

So...you're saying I should put everything I own on the Sooners to win it all? OK, if you say so.

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:30 PM
I done spekked you to Much to slap you to Red Now :O

...and I do appreciate that! :P

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:35 PM
So...you're saying I should put everything I own on the Sooners to win it all? OK, if you say so.

Just every thing you can afford to Lose. Not that yer gonna
Its Just the 1st rule Of gambling
Ill put a K of Real Money On us winning #8 this year at whatever odds Vegas has . :cool:

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:38 PM
The way my luck has been going at the poker table I should probably not gamble at all...

...maybe ever again. :D

SweetPup1221
7/27/2008, 11:41 PM
Is she HAWT ? :hot:
I might take her under my wing and Teach her some things :hot: :hot: :hot:

Vet, thats me in that picture with Jlew1818....

If I'm, as you say, "Hawt" or not is up for debate lol .... apparently Jlew is a big fan of yours..... so I hear

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:47 PM
Vet, thats me in that picture with Jlew1818....

If I'm, as you say, "Hawt" or not is up for debate lol .... apparently Jlew is a big fan of yours..... so I hear

Like I said Babe you need a NEW wing to be under :hot:

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:48 PM
The way my luck has been going at the poker table I should probably not gamble at all...

...maybe ever again. :D

This aint a Gamble Bro ;)

tommieharris91
7/27/2008, 11:49 PM
Just every thing you can afford to Lose. Not that yer gonna
Its Just the 1st rule Of gambling
Ill put a K of Real Money On us winning #8 this year at whatever odds Vegas has . :cool:

Go to Vegas and do it. I hope it pays off for ya. And yes Bill, get a new ARM and put in on the Sooners winning the NC this year!!

Curly Bill
7/27/2008, 11:53 PM
Go to Vegas and do it. I hope it pays off for ya. And yes Bill, get a new ARM and put in on the Sooners winning the NC this year!!

I think you're right! ;)

JLEW1818
7/27/2008, 11:57 PM
I just hate betting on the Sooners if we are favored to win. If we are giving out 10 points and win by 9.. it sucks. Win lose, that's why I stick to other teams.

tommieharris91
7/27/2008, 11:58 PM
I think you're right! ;)
The government will bail you out if you lose.

olevetonahill
7/27/2008, 11:58 PM

Wouldnt you have Loved to put a K on the Sooners winning the 2000 Cryistal
Woulda been like Buying A 1000 shares Of Microsoft at the begining ;)

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 12:00 AM
The government will bail you out if you lose.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're probably right.

...and I'm only half kidding. How sad is that?

JLEW1818
7/28/2008, 12:00 AM
Wouldnt you have Loved to put a K on the Sooners winning the 2000 Cryistal
Woulda been like Buying A 1000 shares Of Microsoft at the begining ;)

I like that comparison.

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 12:01 AM
Hey Vet, why don't you take OVJ public and let your SF.com pals get in on the ground floor?

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:03 AM
I like that comparison.

As I understand it
the Bet That OUR Sooners win it all will be a Heads up bet
Hell MY 1st Ex is married to a Bookie
Think Ill call her (something besides Bitch ) and place a bet :D

JLEW1818
7/28/2008, 12:03 AM
Hey Vet, why don't you take OVJ public and let your SF.com pals get in on the ground floor?

Dang CB 3,500 post coming up. can you have my name in the post? lol

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:04 AM

Cause the ****ing Gubmint will take our Floor :mad:
Oh did I say Im cooking ?
:pop:

JLEW1818
7/28/2008, 12:05 AM
As I understand it
the Bet That OUR Sooners win it all will be a Heads up bet
Hell MY 1st Ex is married to a Bookie
Think Ill call her (something besides Bitch ) and place a bet :D

haha yep. I just like how you can put 20 bucks on some random team, and one would be surprised how much you actually cheer for them. haha .

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:05 AM

Or at Least Honor the OVJ :D

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:06 AM
Cmon CB we waiting on a exciting 3500 post :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
7/28/2008, 12:07 AM

How's this: jlew1818 is an up and coming young poster, he is a tried and true Sooner fan and an asset to SF.com. We look forward to many quality posts in the future from him.

...and OVJ is the most magnificent elixir known to mankind.

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:09 AM
How's this: jlew1818 is an up and coming young poster, he is a tried and true Sooner fan and an asset to SF.com. We look forward to many quality posts in the future from him.

...and OVJ is the most magnificent elixir know to mankind.

Winnah :D ;)
I will get the shippment out
Maybe this week :O

JLEW1818
7/28/2008, 12:13 AM

...and OVJ is the most magnificent elixir known to mankind.

Just going to let that sink in for a bit.

olevetonahill
7/28/2008, 12:15 AM
Just going to let that sink in for a bit.

Dude I played Red light Green lite with you for awhile
Now you almost Perma Green LOL:cool:

PLaw
7/28/2008, 08:00 AM
Here's a commentary on Stoops from the Austin writer Kirk Bohls.
Seems like he still thinks he is worth keeping :rolleyes:

I don't think anybody is suggesting getting rid of Bob - if they are, then they need a trip to the psych unit.

Mostly, losing big in bowl games leaves questions regarding the validity of the entire season on the national stage.

BOOMER

tulsaoilerfan
7/28/2008, 07:08 PM

:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: I can't believe the resident pervs of this site have missed this pic so far; they must be hanging out on the SO. :D

PLaw
8/3/2008, 11:22 AM
You just beggin to Be red again aint ya ?

tsk, tsk, tsk. That's petty and juvenile, BMOB.

Come to think of it, "neg speckin'" is about the only thing that keeps this board from being the best board of any such forum on the net. This board feature may inhibit an even stronger level of dialog and debate.

Generally speaking, there is a high level of candor and honesty with a relentless desire to see the Oklahoma Sooner football team realize its full potential.

Like most other boards, there are also mindless posts (and I've been guilty of a few) that should be addressed not to humuliate the poster, but to inform and communicate the high standards of the community that use the board.

So, if you feel the need Big Man on Board, then neg speck away and feel good about yourself.

BOOMER SOONER

olevetonahill
8/3/2008, 03:27 PM
tsk, tsk, tsk. That's petty and juvenile, BMOB.

Come to think of it, "neg speckin'" is about the only thing that keeps this board from being the best board of any such forum on the net. This board feature may inhibit an even stronger level of dialog and debate.

Generally speaking, there is a high level of candor and honesty with a relentless desire to see the Oklahoma Sooner football team realize its full potential.

Like most other boards, there are also mindless posts (and I've been guilty of a few) that should be addressed not to humuliate the poster, but to inform and communicate the high standards of the community that use the board.

So, if you feel the need Big Man on Board, then neg speck away and feel good about yourself.

BOOMER SOONER

Well Plaw Im not Petty Or Juvenile. But your free to Have your Opinion Of me
I also dont think of Myself as anything But another Poster.
The Neg feature works Very well to Help keep the nOObs in line when you and They go off On rants about Bob succs, BV succs etc.
OH and Ill only Neg you again when you do any of what I just mentioned . which If I recall you have done several times in the Past
Have a Good Day :P

badger
8/3/2008, 04:17 PM
Just because I haven't commented yet...

Calling Bob Stoops out on his "Big Game Bob" nickname is like saying "tee hee, George DUBYA Bush is so dumb, tee hee" or "Barack HUSSEIN Obama is a terrorist, tee hee, he should be called Barack OSAMA, tee hee."

I mean... come ON, ESPN.com. If you are paying a writer to write yesterday's headline once again, it is time for an ubercharged permaban from writing for your site. Everyone and their brother has been writing about this ever since 2004. OMG TWO CHAMPIONSHIP GAME LOSSES has now changed to OMG TWO FIESTA BOWL LOSSES. omg, wtf.

Some people like to take credit for other's work, but it is entirely bemusing to see others take credit for other's OPINIONS. I mean, ESPN.com's Peggy Hill here is saying "In my opinion, the busiest day of shopping is the day after Thanksgiving" by saying "In my opinion, Big Game Bob is no longer Big Game Bob based off his recent bowl record." EVERYONE KNOWS Bob's bowl record and EVERYONE KNOWS that this brings his "Big Game Bob" status into question... and did we already mention Bob's response to this in the Sooner Caravan threads? Let's refresh our memories, shall we?

Bob Stoops: "STFU, media types. We won back-to-back Big 12 championships and beat No. 1 ranked Mizzou twice in the regular season, so STFU and FU, n00bs."

In my opinion, that's a good opinion... and in everyone's opinion, that Fiesta Bowl trophy is butt ugly, anyways :D

olevetonahill
8/3/2008, 05:07 PM
Well said Baj