PDA

View Full Version : Dear Zoo Amphitheater,

SoonerStormchaser
7/23/2008, 08:44 PM
YOU SUCK!!!!

My wife and I both got off work early so we could get up there by 5 for the Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick concert that started at 6. Unfortunately, you decided to create the world's largest cluster**** by making all 8000 of us enter one at a time through ONE ENTRANCE. This created a half-mile line that moved at the speed of smell.

On top of that, you forced us all to wait out in the sun in the 100+ degree heat in that trickle of a line. Oh yah...and your fabulous security staff were making people throw out their water bottles BEFORE they were even close to the entrance to the venue...and those staff weren't even fazed by the half dozen or so people who were passed out under trees being attended to by medics.

My pregnant wife especially appreciates you guys for having moved only HALFWAY through that line when the concert started at 6. She was so hot and incensed by the ordeal that she sold our tickets to some other poor shmuck. Luckily, we're still going to see Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick in Dallas on Sunday, and guess what? We actually have ASSIGNED SEATS...not this festival/open seating/but-you-can't-bring-a-lawnchair bull**** you were advocating!

I am never attending another concert/event at your piece of **** venue again!

royalfan5
7/23/2008, 08:46 PM
This is why I don't go to Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick concerts.

OKLA21FAN
7/23/2008, 08:47 PM
this would nevar happen in Tulsa :pop:

Rhino
7/23/2008, 10:01 PM
The Zoo Amphitheater only recently moved outdoors too.

yermom
7/24/2008, 12:57 AM
how recent is recently? or is that a joke? :D

StoopTroup
7/24/2008, 01:00 AM
They must have busted him at the gate on the alcohol.

It would PO me too. :D

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 06:25 AM
Alcohol? In that kind of heat? You think I have a death wish?

Boomer.....
7/24/2008, 07:19 AM
Did I miss something? Your boys can swim?

OU4LIFE
7/24/2008, 07:27 AM
you got in line at 5 for a 6 o'clock concert?

I fail to see how this is the Zoo's fault. We hit several Zoo concert's last year, and we always in line with cooler and cold beverages by 3, minimum. Park close, sit in umbrella shade and drink a few, then just before gates open, take the cooler back and get back in line. but they always allowed the lawn chairs.

sorry you had a bad experience.

Taxman71
7/24/2008, 09:16 AM
Dear Zoo Amphitheater,

I want you to want me.

Faithfully,
SSC

yermom
7/24/2008, 09:17 AM
:D

JohnnyMack
7/24/2008, 09:23 AM
SicEm is seeming more and more normal every day.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 09:44 AM
Boomer...
To answer your question, yes.

And 4Life, they didn't even open the gates til 430...and since I had to get off work at 4 just to head back to Norman to get the wife, there wasn't any way I could get there earlier. The facts of the matter are these:
1. Single point of entry for anywhere between 8-10 thousand people.
2. Staff walking through half-mile line making people throw out water bottles in 100+ degree heat even though they were OUTSIDE the venue.
3. No chairs allowed on lawn.

I fail to see how this WASN'T the Zoo's fault.

Taxman, you're getting spek for that.
JM, I hate you...at least, in all my questionable manliness, I gots me a woman.

Taxman71
7/24/2008, 09:58 AM
P.S. - Don't make me go crazy on you.

The trilogy is complete.

Taxman71
7/24/2008, 10:00 AM
In all seriousness, be glad you were at an old-timers show at the Zoo. They had the same procedures at the Steve Miller Band 15 - 20 years ago. Imagine that chaos with thousands of drunk 21 year olds.

I always felt sorry for the people whose blankets and chairs got trampled when it got dark.

OULenexaman
7/24/2008, 10:04 AM
that's the same zoo amp I remember.....still a bunch of ******* retards.....I've had the same experience there 16 years or so ago.....never been back and never will.....

mdklatt
7/24/2008, 10:08 AM
Oh yah...and your fabulous security staff were making people throw out their water bottles BEFORE they were even close to the entrance to the venue

That's some serious bull****. I hope people are complaining to whomever about that. It should be illegal to ban people from taking water with them just about anywhere, but especially an outdoor venue.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 10:11 AM
My wife even saw it...and the trash bins outside the venue were packed with water bottles...a lot of which were still unopened.

JohnnyMack
7/24/2008, 10:14 AM
Let's recap.

You went to an OUTDOOR concert in OKLAHOMA in JULY. Stop. Complaining.

We haven't even addressed WHO you paid money to go see.

Taxman71
7/24/2008, 10:24 AM
That's some serious bull****. I hope people are complaining to whomever about that. It should be illegal to ban people from taking water with them just about anywhere, but especially an outdoor venue.

Ironically, from SoonerSports: (for OU football games)

Restricted Items & Searches

Only those items needed for medical or family needs plus empty, clear personal-sized containers suitable for drinking water are permitted.

Prohibited Items Include:
Coolers and Containers
Food and Beverages

Anyone remember the Bama game in 2002? 100 degrees and they ran out of water by halftime....too bad you couldn't bring your own.

mdklatt
7/24/2008, 11:33 AM
Anyone remember the Bama game in 2002? 100 degrees and they ran out of water by halftime....too bad you couldn't bring your own.

You can bring your own empty bottle and refill it as needed from the water fountains.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 11:46 AM
Yah...they weren't even allowing that cause there were people asking.

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 11:50 AM
Did I miss something? Your boys can swim?

You are STILL missing something.

:eek:

yermom
7/24/2008, 11:56 AM
You can bring your own empty bottle and refill it as needed from the water fountains.

profiteering, plain and simple. it should be a crime to sell a bottle of water for $3.50 that i can buy for a quarter retail when you restrict people from leaving and returning.

i mean gas stations charge ~$1.00 and are making a huge profit already. it's one thing to make someone pay for convenience, it's another to gouge captive people sitting in the sun

i usually bring a water bottle and fill it with the ****ty warm stadium water because i'm cheap

they even made me dump ice out of it one day

thanks doleo :mad:

mdklatt
7/24/2008, 11:59 AM
profiteering, plain and simple. it should be a crime to sell a bottle of water for $3.50 that i can buy for a quarter retail when you restrict people from leaving and returning.

The Ballpark at Arlington lets you bring in whatever food and drink you want as long as there is no alcohol or glass containers. FTW!

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 12:01 PM
You are STILL missing something.

:eek:

Not too situationally aware, is he?

OKLA21FAN
7/24/2008, 12:05 PM
The Ballpark at Arlington lets you bring in whatever food and drink you want as long as there is no alcohol or glass containers. FTW!

they stopped that practice after 9/11 siting 'security issues' didnt they?

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 12:09 PM

i mean gas stations charge ~$1.00 and are making a huge profit already. it's one thing to make someone pay for convenience, it's another to gouge captive people sitting in the sun

i usually bring a water bottle and fill it with the ****ty warm stadium water because i'm cheap

they even made me dump ice out of it one day

thanks doleo :mad:

Solution:

Remember the '80's hair bands and the strategic placement of the rolled-up sock in spandex?

FF to last year's Miami game.

Frozen Dasani bottle giving me da Happy Pants!

Tempted to try it with two this year...if someone notices, think they'd admit looking? (SicEm excluded)

mdklatt
7/24/2008, 12:10 PM
they stopped that practice after 9/11 siting 'security issues' didnt they?

Nope, at least not permanently. That's the policy in effect right now.

OKLA21FAN
7/24/2008, 12:15 PM
Nope, at least not permanently. That's the policy in effect right now.

well cool maybe i'll start making some games now. the last time i was at the ballpark about 2 years ago, the 'cooler' ban was still in effect.

when you take kids and such, being able to bring in some snacks is a huge savings.

Dio
7/24/2008, 12:20 PM
Solution:

Remember the '80's hair bands and the strategic placement of the rolled-up sock in spandex?

FF to last year's Miami game.

Frozen Dasani bottle giving me da Happy Pants!

Tempted to try it with two this year...if someone notices, think they'd admit looking? (SicEm excluded)

"Do you have any artificial plates or limbs?"

And I got in last night with a flask and a camera, btw. ;)

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 12:23 PM
well cool maybe i'll start making some games now. the last time i was at the ballpark about 2 years ago, the 'cooler' ban was still in effect.

when you take kids and such, being able to bring in some snacks is a huge savings.

:mack: :texan: :bsmf: :pop: :cry: :cry: :pop: :hmfic: :texan: :dean:

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 12:25 PM
"Do you have any artificial plates or limbs?"

And I got in last night with a flask and a camera, btw. ;)

No, but if I was the fairer gender, I would've been called "frigid" - no lie.

BigRedJed
7/24/2008, 01:33 PM
Well that's strange. That wasn't my experience at all. We wondered what that giant line stretching all the way around to the Omniplex (oops... ...Science Museum Oklahoma) parking lot was for.

We didn't get there until about halfway through Cheap Trick's set, and yet from the time I parked until the time I was in the ampitheater not a single song elapsed. We just drove right up to the front gate, and were waved through a gate into some secured parking, back close to where the tour busses park. Then we walked up to a gate about 50' down from the gate all of the people were lining up to get through. We walked in, hung out for a bit, and then went down to the area where we watched the show from. No restroom lines, no line at the beer booth, plenty of shade... ...I'm not sure what everyone is bitching about.

I also got a few shots from my crappy camera phone before and during Journey's set. My only complaint was that the band didn't turn to the side and play in my direction.

http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/journey_01.jpg

http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/journey_02.jpg

http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/journey_03.jpg

http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/journey_04.jpg

http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/journey_05.jpg

BigRedJed
7/24/2008, 01:36 PM
I've gotta say, Pineda was dead-on, and a bundle of energy. Very impressive. It was perhaps the best Journey cover band I could possibly imagine.

Oh, and Heart kicked ***, as usual. This is the fourth time I've seen them, and they are pretty fantastic. Love it when they cover The Who, too.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 01:36 PM
Well, next time I'll just show up AFTER it starts...

BigRedJed
7/24/2008, 01:37 PM
See? That's what you should do. It worked great for me.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 01:40 PM
I dunno if I can do that this Sunday in Dallas...we'll see how bad it looks when we pull in.

BigRedJed
7/24/2008, 01:40 PM
Oh, did I mention that I didn't have tickets?

BigRedJed
7/24/2008, 01:41 PM
Heck, I probably would have been willing to pay at least 15 bucks or so to see that show. It was pretty good.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 01:45 PM
Did I mention I hate you BRJ? :P

We were glad to get face value for our two tix.

mdklatt
7/24/2008, 02:50 PM

I was there most recently back in May, and we took in our own food and drinks. I was at games more than two years ago, though, and I don't remember any cooler bans then either. The only rules I know of are no glass and no alcohol.

skycat
7/24/2008, 03:56 PM
BRJ appears to be the guy that gets the photos of Sasquatch, the Loch Ness Monster, and UFOs.

Viking Kitten
7/24/2008, 04:25 PM
And camel toes.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 04:26 PM
That is wrong on sooooo many levels.

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 04:52 PM
BRJ appears to be the guy that gets the photos of Sasquatch, the Loch Ness Monster, and UFOs.

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1216936300.jpg

BigRedJed
7/24/2008, 05:21 PM
I don't see any camel toes in that picture.

BigRedJed
7/24/2008, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately.

SoonerStormchaser
7/24/2008, 07:40 PM
TTIWW...nevermind.