PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Rally

setem
7/23/2008, 08:14 PM
Who is going?

It is set for August 29 @ 7pm

I got a facebook invite from the student activities association. That makes me cool cause I know stuff before you do.

In!

Post Script: When can I renew my parking spaces at the TG?

yermom
7/23/2008, 08:26 PM
i've never been. is it cool?

goingoneight
7/23/2008, 08:32 PM
What about it? ;)

Sooner_09
7/23/2008, 08:41 PM
I'm there!

BASSooner
7/23/2008, 10:38 PM
I'll be there.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
7/24/2008, 12:01 AM
I'm so glad it's the day before the game. For the past few years it's been on the Thursday a week before the game. The only people who went to it were sorority girls and randos.

SeattleOUstudent
7/24/2008, 11:02 AM
Really the only plus to the damn thing is that you will be able to test out the new HD video board. More than likely they will play LA Sooner's video, which is awesome. Other than that, Boomer Sooner gets my blood pumping, but the rest is so dang scripted. I want to throw oranges at Bob Barry.

badger
7/24/2008, 11:08 AM
What to expect at Big Red Rally...

1- Coaches. Bob Stoops will speak.

2- Players. The team captains will speak.

3- Video. The team's intro video or another video sure to fire up you fans will play on the new video screens.

4- Music. The band always has to appear and play Boomer over and over.

5- Joe C. The athletic director will give you more reasons to support the team while providing plenty of responses to any nay-saying out there (he always does)

6- The newest version of the mascots. Let's make them look less pig-like in appearance, less dragon-like and more horse-like. On second thought, they now will look like sheep. In football uniforms. With eyelashes. Baaaaaa.

7- The BRR organizer will thank everyone for attending. However, the BRR organizer will be speaking to an emptying audience that wants to get out of the heat and starting drinking. Boooooomerrrrrrrrrr...

This is what happens every year at BRR guaranteed. However, we may have to replace "mascot" with "Ruf-neks" because they might not change the mascots, but they definitely will have changed the ruf neks. Ruf Nek alum and President Boren-appointed "yes boss" Clarke Stroud will be sure to give gushing praises regardless of how they look ;)

soonerfan28
7/24/2008, 11:25 AM
I'm so glad it's the day before the game. For the past few years it's been on the Thursday a week before the game. The only people who went to it were sorority girls and randos.

I didn't realize that we had a game on the 30th. I thought is was a scrimmage.

badger
7/24/2008, 12:06 PM
I didn't realize that we had a game on the 30th. I thought is was a scrimmage.

Oh, come now. If you are taking that mentality, then all of our games are scimmgaes, because it is useless to believe that you will beat the powerful OU Sooners in football, regardless of who the opponent is, regardless of when the game is, regardless of where the game is.

...so, um, OU, if you could, um, lower ticket prices to, um, scrimmage prices, you know, um, that $5 in advance, $10 at the gate thing, price, yeah, that would be wonderful. You know, um, with this, um, economy and stuff, yeah.

Yeah. :D

soonerfan28
7/24/2008, 12:35 PM
True, but it will be nice to see our team come together in that game and get those jitters out for the first time starters and play excellent in front of 90,000. Nothing could build the confidence more for the new guys then playing well.

nativesooner
7/24/2008, 01:09 PM
Are older folks still allowed?

SeattleOUstudent
7/24/2008, 03:13 PM

Nah, just fans.

i keed, i keed!

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:30 PM
lets all get together and have an OU-FEST

Boomer_Sooner_sax
7/28/2008, 09:01 AM
My biggest thrill about being done with Pride is that I don't have to go to the Big Red Rally anymore...ever. It is such a waste of time.

StoopTroup
7/28/2008, 09:25 AM

There are plenty of Grocery Stores that carry adult diapers.

Once those were available...they started letting us in. :rolleyes:

setem
8/23/2008, 11:31 PM
Bump who's in?

SoonerDood
8/23/2008, 11:45 PM
My biggest thrill about being done with Pride is that I don't have to go to the Big Red Rally anymore...ever. It is such a waste of time.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/24/2008, 12:40 AM

PORTER!!!