PDA

View Full Version : Brain Buckets

Sooner_Havok
7/23/2008, 06:50 PM
Let me say first, if you ride a motorcycle, wear one! IT WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!

That said, there is no need wearing one on your little 10-speed bike with a basket on the back, while you cruise across campus. You look like a nerd, please stop.

birddog
7/23/2008, 06:58 PM
you go to school with sicem, huh?

Sooner_Havok
7/23/2008, 07:12 PM
you go to school with sicem, huh?

You've seen him too then huh :D

Rogue
7/23/2008, 08:21 PM
And if you're dressing like Lance Freekin' Armstrong in head-to-toe neon spandex bodysuits while wearing your short-bus helmet on the back roads here holding up traffic while your *** pretends like you're training for the Ironman, Ima run yer *** over from now on. Sick of you I am.

yermom
7/23/2008, 08:25 PM
hey, at least you can see them...

i can't quite stomach the idea of a helmet when i ride my bicycle. i used to wear one when i was an older kid, but when i was young and doing all the really stupid stuff i didn't

OUHOMER
7/23/2008, 08:43 PM
I have gotten in the habit of not wearing my helmet on the way home from work. Its been just too damn HOT.. I wear it on the morning, black motorcycle, black helmet, seems to add 40 degrees.

As far wearing one on a bicycle, hell they didn't even have helmets back when I was a kid.

Rogue
7/23/2008, 08:47 PM
I'm in a helmet law state. I will, occasionally, wear a 1/2 or partial helmet. Cuts down on the heat, and my mug is ugly enough that I don't need to worry about the pretty face. Still, after years of wearing one, and always on a dirt bike, feels sorta nekkid without it. I did used to ride in Texas without one, but broke that habit.

StoopTroup
7/23/2008, 09:27 PM
The one thing I notice is this...

I tend to ride crazy when I have one on.

If I had full Racing Leathers...there would be Police helicopters chasing me around. ;)

Seriously though...I talked to other riders and it just seems that you have really tone it down after switching to the bucket.

bluedogok
7/23/2008, 09:44 PM
I only do a full face helmet, I did just recently replace my 4 year old Shoei with a Caberg flip-front helmet and that flip is very convenient. I don't think that I could ever do a bucket, I grew up with an open face but I just feel naked wearing anything less than a full face. I took a junebug once at 60 mph on the cheekbone with the open face, that keeps my face covered now. I also have a nice scrape on the chinbar on my Shoei from my 25 mph crash last year and a nice rock chip right above the visor....those would have hurt without a full face.

I know of someone who rode who lost his wife due to a head injury, she lost her balance unloading the minivan, she fell and hit her head on the curb and it killed her. Hitting you head at ANY can seriously injure or kill you, the helmet just increases your chances of survival.

I am not an ATGATT freak but I do believe in wearing the right stuff to minimize injury. I was able to pull my bike out of the barbed wire fence and ride it home after my crash, I also wear the same jacket, pants and boots since they were just a little scraped up. If I hadn't of had the gear on, I might not have been able to do that as easily.

StoopTroup
7/23/2008, 10:26 PM
Glad your OK Blue.