PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Most Indispensable Players in the NFL

Sooner_Havok
7/23/2008, 02:26 PM
Check out numba 4! (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3498223)

:D :D :D :D

cvsooner
7/23/2008, 03:14 PM
Anybody else catch AD's appearance in the Vitamin Water commercial playing in movie theatres? The one where the athletes are training to be astronauts?

Sooner_09
7/23/2008, 03:37 PM
So if the Vikings do indeed get Favre, is AD still # 4 on this list?

badger
7/23/2008, 04:06 PM
:(:(:(:(

Brett...Favre...

:(:(:(:(:(

Sooner_09
7/23/2008, 04:26 PM
How are you dealing with this situation? I have respect for Favre but not the pack.

soonermix
7/23/2008, 04:46 PM
How are you dealing with this situation? I have respect for Favre but not the pack.

i kinda gotta ask how does the pack not want farve?
especially after last season. if he said well i want to retire... nope just kidding i would say "haha brett you got me you really did" now strap it on and fire the pigskin"
open competition is a joke. i have heard people say how is this fair to aaron rogers? hey the guy gets a paycheck it is professional time nobody cares let the best one play.
its all just sillyness basically the media being bored with nothing else to report on so they try to make a big deal out of any little thing.

Sooner_09
7/23/2008, 08:44 PM
either way Brett Favre's legend is no longer what it would have been had he stayed retired

sooner94
7/24/2008, 09:55 AM
Vikings fans are calling AD the Purple Jesus. That's a pretty cool nickname.

TheUnnamedSooner
7/24/2008, 10:03 AM
either way Brett Favre's legend is no longer what it would have been had he stayed retired

I disagree, 10 years from now, people won't remember this. They will remember all the great years with the packers.

soonerinabilene
7/24/2008, 10:11 AM
I disagree, 10 years from now, people won't remember this. They will remember all the great years with the packers.

Yep. When you think about Joe Montana, do you think about him wearing a Chiefs uniform? Emmitt wearing a Cardinals uniform? I dont.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/24/2008, 02:23 PM
Yep. When you think about Joe Montana, do you think about him wearing a Chiefs uniform? Emmitt wearing a Cardinals uniform? I dont.

...or Michael Jordan wearing a Wizard's uni or a baseball uni?

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 02:28 PM
Or this rot:

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1216927687.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
7/24/2008, 02:34 PM
Or this rot:

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1216927687.jpg

Don't you dis Wings. Don't you do it! Not while I am here. I'll have none of that, sir. None of it! Pick on the Travelling Wilburies or Audio Slave or something.

badger
7/24/2008, 02:42 PM
I love how the national media and experts are telling us how Packer fans feel or should feel.

I was asked by my esteemed rival a few weeks ago how I felt about the whole Brett Favre situation. I told him I wouldn't know how to feel until something actually happened.

That's key - nothing's happened. Favre is still retired and Aaron's still the starter. Nothing's happened, guys... well, except for a few dozen ESPN reports all day long and a few speculations through rumors from inside sources "close to the situation" or whatever the phrase is these-a-days.

So anyways, that's how Pack fans like me feel. Nothing's happened. I'm still wearing my worn out Favre jersey (occasionally wearing my newer jersey from the in-laws when I want to wear one in public). I don't hate Favre if he wants to play again. I wouldn't hate Favre if his playing opportunity were elsewhere.

It's just sad thinking about Favre not playing in Green Bay anymore, hence the :(:(:(:(:( faces earlier. He's been playing in GB since my days in elementary school back up north.

OU_Sooners75
7/24/2008, 03:15 PM

Why? because the guy desires are to continue to play football?

If this is the case, then what say you on the Joe Montana fiasco?

RADsooner
7/25/2008, 12:49 AM
those friggin idiots, if you click on his name you get the stat sheet for the sucky adrian peterson from the bears................

sooner518
7/25/2008, 06:55 AM
I dont know how Packers fans feel, but I can tell you how most non-Packers fans feel. Im over Favre. He retired. The team made decisions in the offseason BECAUSE he was retired. I sympathize with the Packers and I would be much happier if I never see another "Favre" update on ESPNBottomline every 5 minutes. I'd rather watch midseason baseball than listen to Chris Mortenson tell me that Favre text-messaged the Packers 3 times that he wants to come back. Just retire already.

Neg away

badger
7/25/2008, 09:06 AM
I dont know how Packers fans feel, but I can tell you how most non-Packers fans feel. Im over Favre. He retired. The team made decisions in the offseason BECAUSE he was retired. I sympathize with the Packers and I would be much happier if I never see another "Favre" update on ESPNBottomline every 5 minutes. I'd rather watch midseason baseball than listen to Chris Mortenson tell me that Favre text-messaged the Packers 3 times that he wants to come back. Just retire already.

Neg away

It is funny you mention this. I got this attachment with an e-mail forward from my grandpa in Wisconsin yesterday:
---
Subject line: Fwd: POOR BABY!
HE NEEDS HIS BOTTLE!
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/605/image13gn3.jpg
---
My grandparents have never taken to professional athlete drama well. They really hated a certain receiver named "Antonio Freeman" after a little holdout for $6 mil per season back when that was excessive.