PDA

View Full Version : I know its early but...

TexasIsOUsBtch
7/23/2008, 02:16 PM
Usually, i don't start planning my annual trip to Dallas until late September, or early October... I mean, i already know I'm going, like the day after the previous year's RRS, but i mean planning as in getting hotels, and such... Anyway, i was bored the other night, and perusing flight schedules, just to see how much that would cost... I may be the only person in the world who didn't realize this, but if u book a flight now, for October, its really cheap! Anyway, just thought i would let any of u guys going to Dallas know, that Southwest has roundtrip tickets starting at $96 and American Airlines has roundtrip tickets starting at $77.50... These flights leave from Tulsa... And with the price of gasoline, my buddy and I decided it is cheaper to fly this year... Just thought i'd try and help everyone save a little money...

SoonerInLubbock
7/23/2008, 07:58 PM
Good call considering gas will prob be $4.85 a gallon by October.:mad:

yermom
7/23/2008, 08:13 PM
~$5 per gallon * ~600 miles / ~20 MPG = ~$150

as long as i have someone with me, it's still cheaper to drive, plus i have a car while i'm there. my trip is only like 400 miles round trip though.

it's getting closer...

have i mentioned i hate flying? :D

goingoneight
7/23/2008, 08:30 PM
I'm going on a bus with people I work with this year. It's going to be kewl.

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:32 PM
It is early but OU has a bunch of big men so I think we have a great shot at going undefeated!