PDA

View Full Version : Demarco Farr on KC sports radio

Blitzkrieg
7/23/2008, 09:48 AM
The big 12 is Oklahoma's to lose, no one can match up. O-line is the best in the nation, D ends go 4 seep, and the DTs are both NFL first rounders.

Paraphrasing.

Lots of love going around during media day.

picasso
7/23/2008, 10:23 AM
Jamie's brother?

MrJimBeam
7/23/2008, 10:38 AM
Section 8?

okcusooner
7/23/2008, 06:19 PM
The big 12 is Oklahoma's to lose, no one can match up. O-line is the best in the nation, D ends go 4 seep, and the DTs are both NFL first rounders.

Paraphrasing.

Lots of love going around during media day.

This is a classic example of "Pundit" ignorance. Farr must not have seen the Fiesta Bowl. If he did, and thinks the O-Line should be seeded as the nation's best, then he is an absolute idiot.

The holding, false starts, illegal formations were numerous. How in the world could someone see that last performance and CREDIBLY say it's the premier unit in the nation?

birddog
7/23/2008, 07:09 PM
he's probably just going off the 50 publications that say we have the best o-line in the country.

not sure though.

CU Sooner
7/24/2008, 11:54 AM
This is a classic example of "Pundit" ignorance. Farr must not have seen the Fiesta Bowl. If he did, and thinks the O-Line should be seeded as the nation's best, then he is an absolute idiot.

The holding, false starts, illegal formations were numerous. How in the world could someone see that last performance and CREDIBLY say it's the premier unit in the nation?

I usually don't neg others but seriously, which one of the oline took your lunch money? You've been ragging on them every chance you get. Get over the last performance, overall they were one of the best last year and will be again. By your theor we should rag on Sam, he did miss on 30% of his passes, how could someone believe he should be one of the top qb's in the nation?

SeattleOUstudent
7/24/2008, 05:39 PM
he's probably just going off the 50 publications that say we have the best o-line in the country.

not sure though.

Yeah, thank you! Lets have some speck around here! The guys are pretty good, false starts n all. Dont think I would be trading our O-line for anyone else's in the country, thank you!

This rant is not to you, Birddog.

okcusooner
7/24/2008, 06:49 PM
I usually don't neg others but seriously, which one of the oline took your lunch money? You've been ragging on them every chance you get. Get over the last performance, overall they were one of the best last year and will be again. By your theor we should rag on Sam, he did miss on 30% of his passes, how could someone believe he should be one of the top qb's in the nation?

"Which one of the oline took your lunch money?" Hmm. Is that what passes for humor nowadays?

Although I love OU, I gauge the different parts of the team NOT on what I wish or really want it to be, but what the FACTS (learn the concept) tell me it is. Example...I really wished and wanted Joe Jon Finley to be as great as Keith Jackson, but the facts told me he was just an above-average TE.

I really want OU's offensive line to be great. I think there is the potential for greatness. But again, FACTS, tell me they are not there yet. Seven penalties in the Fiesta Bowl; four of which were holding.

Three False Starts by the blindside protecting tackle in the Big Twelve Championship. Throw in Trent Williams with his hold and personal foul. These are the FACTS about the line's recent performance in marquee games.

Based upon this, how can you assume that going into the season the line is already one of the nation's best? If true, that says a lot about the offensive lines at the other 95% of the Div IA schools.

It doesn't matter how good Duke Robinson and Jon Cooper perform. The line is gauged as a unit.

Although I hate both teams..SC's 2004 line was great...Miami's 2001 line was great...OU's current line is merely good. Top 25? sure. Top 5? not yet proven.

Curly Bill
7/24/2008, 06:55 PM
I really wished and wanted Joe Jon Finley to be as great as Keith Jackson, but the facts told me he was just an above-average TE.

Whoa...lets not get carried away. Lets say JJF was an average TE and leave it at that. ;)

Curly Bill
7/24/2008, 06:58 PM
I will agree though that our O-line has some proving to do on that best in the nation statement.

okcusooner
7/24/2008, 06:58 PM
Whoa...lets not get carried away. Lets say JJF was an average TE and leave it at that. ;)

I was trying to be generous

Curly Bill
7/24/2008, 07:00 PM
I was trying to be generous

Didn't want CU Sooner throwing another neg bomb your way huh? He's got like 200 posts so it couldn't have hurt much. :P

goingoneight
7/24/2008, 08:02 PM

Because that game served as nothing more than a payoff?

r5TPsooner
7/24/2008, 08:48 PM

He does have a point, our OL played like doo-doo in the Fiesta Bowl and have a lot to prove to be considered best in the nation IMHO.

KC//CRIMSON
7/24/2008, 08:55 PM
10-2

BillyBall
7/24/2008, 10:49 PM
10-2

I am always a pessimist... always. I don't see 2 losses on this schedule man. In fact, I think this year lays out for us as nicely as '04 did. I have a really great feeling about this team.

FYI, If the trip to Stillwater gets us out of a MNC, I will kill a puppy.

OUgradJeff
7/24/2008, 11:43 PM
"Which one of the oline took your lunch money?" Hmm. Is that what passes for humor nowadays?

Although I love OU, I gauge the different parts of the team NOT on what I wish or really want it to be, but what the FACTS (learn the concept) tell me it is. Example...I really wished and wanted Joe Jon Finley to be as great as Keith Jackson, but the facts told me he was just an above-average TE.

I really want OU's offensive line to be great. I think there is the potential for greatness. But again, FACTS, tell me they are not there yet. Seven penalties in the Fiesta Bowl; four of which were holding.

Three False Starts by the blindside protecting tackle in the Big Twelve Championship. Throw in Trent Williams with his hold and personal foul. These are the FACTS about the line's recent performance in marquee games.

Based upon this, how can you assume that going into the season the line is already one of the nation's best? If true, that says a lot about the offensive lines at the other 95% of the Div IA schools.

It doesn't matter how good Duke Robinson and Jon Cooper perform. The line is gauged as a unit.

Although I hate both teams..SC's 2004 line was great...Miami's 2001 line was great...OU's current line is merely good. Top 25? sure. Top 5? not yet proven.

You're talking about mental lapses in a couple of games. On plays they didn't get penalized on they played great. Gave up nearly the fewest sacks in the nation. Running game was really good no matter which back was used, etc...

I expect fewer mental lapses in their senior year, which is the normal case for any player at any school. Can't teach the physical tools these guys have & their technique is pretty dagum good too.

Curly Bill
7/24/2008, 11:49 PM
You're talking about mental lapses in a couple of games. On plays they didn't get penalized on they played great. Gave up nearly the fewest sacks in the nation. Running game was really good no matter which back was used, etc...

I expect fewer mental lapses in their senior year, which is the normal case for any player at any school. Can't teach the physical tools these guys have & their technique is pretty dagum good too.

Actually we had games where we really struggled running the ball...

...and mental lapses are a huge part of football.

adoniijahsooner
7/25/2008, 06:24 AM
Actually we had games where we really struggled running the ball...

...and mental lapses are a huge part of football.

That is because teams didnt truly believe Sam would light them up until it was too late; meaning they focused on the run game more than they did the pass. It seemed we always were able to get yards in the 4th quarter, after teams realized sammy was the real deal.

soonerfan28
7/25/2008, 07:16 AM
I believe that our o-line played bad on the road as did our offense. They have the potential to be one of the best o-line's we've had under Stoops. They've also had a spring and summer to work some of the bull**** out. I think they'll be much better this season.

Curly Bill
7/25/2008, 09:00 AM
That is because teams didnt truly believe Sam would light them up until it was too late; meaning they focused on the run game more than they did the pass. It seemed we always were able to get yards in the 4th quarter, after teams realized sammy was the real deal.

I don't know so much about that. I remember last year us having trouble running the ball and people not understanding why because when you looked at our line (and our backs) we should have been blowing people off the ball and we were not getting it done. Pass protection we were dang good as I remember, but there where many instances were we didn't run the ball like one would think we should have been able to. Early in the season I'll give you the teams loaded up against the run since Sam was unproven idea, and I'd say it's probably quite valid. After the first couple of games or so though I think that went away to a large degree.

This year I want to see those ginormous suckers up front taking the opposing D-line and putting it on roller skates. Last year we sometimes, too many times in fact, did not see that.

IronHorseSooner
7/25/2008, 09:23 AM
Like many have said, the God-given gifts that these guys possess are as big as Big Phil himself. If they can correct the penalties, this will likely be the best line in the Stoops era. As many as four of those young men are mentioned in post season honors, and many believe that Duke and Big Phil will be the first at their respective positions to go in the draft. Looking around, I really can't think of any O-Lines in the country that are as good, even with the penalties.