PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Big 12 Championship...

gundleok
7/22/2008, 06:07 PM
...is on ESPNU right now. Started at 6pm Central. Enjoy!!!

semperfisooner
7/22/2008, 10:05 PM
jeez after that game I knew we were on the right track and that we would kill whoever we played in the bowl game. then we lose 3 starters? including granger and the team just acted like it lost everything on the field. seems like these big 12 championships aren't meaning anything if we can't win any bowl game afterward...especially the ones where we should win just based on talent alone it makes me sick.

illinisooner
7/23/2008, 12:46 AM
We get geared up for the Big 12 title game and after winning that, the bowl game is an afterthought, so essentially the conference title is our bowl game.

VA Sooner
7/23/2008, 10:19 PM
Got too cocky before the bowl game and then the loss of 3 starters hurt... but more so that it deflated egos and we were in a rut in the beginning. Big 12 Championship was more for bragging rights by taking down the Number 1 team in the country and having beaten them earlier in the season added more to that willpower. You could see it in the defense... bone-crushing especially in the second half when they started flustering Daniel.

Played the bowl game but agree... not hungry enough for a win. Got caught up in personnel losses. Talent was there... even in the backups. Bradford will step up and be the ring-leader now... keep the troops inspired. O-line will protect him and keep the ball out of the hands of the opponents' offense which gives defense a rest.

Going to be a very good year.

goingoneight
7/24/2008, 08:00 PM
The BIG 12 Championship, if you'll remember correctly was being played on the same weekend as the SUC champeenship. If we obliterated Missouri, we win a fifth CCG with a fifth different QB, and sit as pretty as we possibly can for MNC voting.
Unfortunately, The Sugar Bowl wanted their home team... so it seemed like the fans, (and WVU's head coach), no one gave a **** after Selection Sunday.

Oh, yeah... and for all the people who say Venables succs... that's what happens when OUr whole team, offense, ST and defense wants to win something and plays like a champion. What was that team and offense ranked again? Oh, yeah... that's right... they were pretty good.

OUmillenium
7/25/2008, 11:43 AM
Got too cocky before the bowl game and then the loss of 3 starters hurt... but more so that it deflated egos and we were in a rut in the beginning. Big 12 Championship was more for bragging rights by taking down the Number 1 team in the country and having beaten them earlier in the season added more to that willpower. You could see it in the defense... bone-crushing especially in the second half when they started flustering Daniel.

Played the bowl game but agree... not hungry enough for a win. Got caught up in personnel losses. Talent was there... even in the backups. Bradford will step up and be the ring-leader now... keep the troops inspired. O-line will protect him and keep the ball out of the hands of the opponents' offense which gives defense a rest.

Going to be a very good year.

I like the way you think...I'll be watchin you

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:28 PM
its okay guys...I've got hope!