PDA

View Full Version : Why can't things like this be handled quickly?

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 10:25 AM
Many of you are leagally Savvy...

When a guy or girl pleads Not Guilty to possession...I think if your "In Possession"...most likely your full of Coke. If your not...then I'd say your a very smart drug dealer. However...most drug dealers and users aren't smart.

My question: After you've been given your Miranda Rights, why can't Authorities collect a urine sample of the accused so that possession/use can be established?

Barenaked Ladies Stripped of Disney Slot

Los Angeles (E! Online) - For Disney, it seems sex and rock 'n' roll are one thing—at least when it comes to their younger and fairer stable of talent. But when it comes to drugs, the Mouse House apparently draws the line.

Anticipating as much, the Barenaked Ladies have opted to bow out of the summer lineup for Disney's Music Block Party Tour, a series of concerts geared toward families with kids, in the wake of the singer-guitarist Steven Page's recent arrest on a cocaine charge.

The group announced that they would bow out of the performance out of respect for Disney, fully aware that the bad publicity wouldn't sit well with the Mickey set.

"Members of the band completely support Steven Page, but we don't want to put Disney in an awkward position before issues involving Steven's arrest are resolved," band manager Terry McBride says on the band's website.

Page, 38, was busted in upstate New York earlier this month. He has since pleaded not guilty and said he plans to "strongly contest" the charges.

The Canadian-based band was set to headline the Long Island stop on the Playskool-sponsored, Raven-Symoné-hosted festival Aug. 22-24.

The musical lineup varies from city to city, but They Might Be Giants, already set to headline a different date, has stepped up to replace the Barenaked Ladies on the Long Island stop. Other stops will feature the kid-friendly likes of Dan Zanes and Ralph's World.

The Barenaked Ladies have already been scrubbed from the fest's official site.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20080722/en_music_eo/0de2ce7b_cef6436e_a194_94d6c1418ffe (http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20080722/en_music_eo/0de2ce7b_cef6436e_a194_94d6c1418ffe)