PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Bowl Renovations?

soonerguild
7/22/2008, 12:23 AM
Sorry if this has been posted, but does anyone have pictures of the cotton bowl renovations that are somewhat recent and show it entirely bowled in. I've heard alot about it lately but can't seem to find any photos.

BOOMER SOONER!!

OU4LIFE
7/22/2008, 07:23 AM
Cotton Bowl has always been entirely bowled in.

Unless you're talking about the upper deck sections.

illinisooner
7/22/2008, 08:59 AM
Maybe they did bowl in the upper deck, in an article I read, they said the capacity was increased from 76k to 92k, so that's gotta be more upper deck seats. Adding more of those goofy little bleachers on the corner of the end zones can't increase capacity that much.

badger
7/22/2008, 09:05 AM
Maybe they did bowl in the upper deck, in an article I read, they said the capacity was increased from 76k to 92k, so that's gotta be more upper deck seats. Adding more of those goofy little bleachers on the corner of the end zones can't increase capacity that much.

Those bleachers are indeed quite goofy. It's like, "We need more seats that we can sell to alumni for several hundred dollars!" and they were like, "Well, the Little League has these bleachers that we can duct tape to the endzones," and they're like, "Perfect!" and we're all like, "I can't see over this d@mn scoreboard and all these stupid Chick Filla ads! And these bleachers suck hardcore." and they're like, "You already paid, sucker!' and we're like, "I'm never illegally scalping OU-Texas tickets again!"

Kind of like that?

gundleok
7/22/2008, 10:01 AM
Here's some pics that were sent to me yesterday. They're from about a month ago. I hope they finish in time for October 11th. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23657956@N07/?saved=1

badger
7/22/2008, 11:36 AM
I can't believe that stadium has a higher capacity than ours. We're a victim of poor advanced planning. I wish we could hold six figures.

soonerguild
7/22/2008, 11:39 AM
Here's some pics that were sent to me yesterday. They're from about a month ago. I hope they finish in time for October 11th. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23657956@N07/?saved=1

thanks man thats exactly what i was looking for. looks pretty good with the upper deck bowled all the way around. now i really cant wait for OU/sexat, man is that place gonna be loud!

gundleok
7/22/2008, 03:57 PM
No worries, glad I could help.

DrZaius
7/22/2008, 05:51 PM
Screw the Cotton Bowl and bring on the NEW dallas cowboy stadium

DrZaius
7/22/2008, 05:51 PM
Though I will miss the Cotton Bowl....fond fond memories

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 06:00 PM
With the increase in the number of seat available now...

I can't believe more Season Ticket Holders didn't get RRSO tickets offered.

Oh well...that means more to choose from after kick-off. :D

olevetonahill
7/22/2008, 06:06 PM
Screw the Cotton Bowl and bring on the NEW dallas cowboy stadium

Step back from the Crack pipe Boy :eek:

soonerguild
7/22/2008, 06:13 PM
With the increase in the number of seat available now...

I can't believe more Season Ticket Holders didn't get RRSO tickets offered.

Oh well...that means more to choose from after kick-off. :D

Each side is getting 8,000 more seats, and i know at least some of them are going to season ticket holders because I have had 6 friends get them for the first time this year, and they have all graduated in the last 4 years. I would be willing to bet 90% of the 8,000 new tickets go to season ticket holders.

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 06:24 PM
Each side is getting 8,000 more seats, and i know at least some of them are going to season ticket holders because I have had 6 friends get them for the first time this year, and they have all graduated in the last 4 years. I would be willing to bet 90% of the 8,000 new tickets go to season ticket holders.

I'd take that bet.

RRSO tickets are in a lottery.

The more points you have the better your chances.

I bought home and away tickets 2 years running back in 2001 and 2002 and have been a Season ticket holder for ten years now. I don't donate, I just pay for my tickets.

I've gotten the opportunity to purchase RRSO tickets once.

Again...it really doesn't matter to me I've been almost every year.

I think most of the 8000 got swallowed up by folks who donate.

SeattleOUstudent
7/22/2008, 11:08 PM
call me crazy, but these bleachers could have overlapped a little more. That overhang is like 20 ft above the bleachers below....unless they are planning on putting in lux boxes, then they might look decent.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3186/2593794273_d968ff5e6a.jpg?v=0

KingBarry
7/23/2008, 04:30 AM
Is it just me, or does that stadium just not look right w/o the alternating blue/white seating sections? It'l Gaylord Family without the red/white sections.

And I'm leaning toward's Jerry's Palace, too. Call me an elitist (which I am) I just don't think a premier sporting event needs to be at a wacky state fair.

But my mind is still open.

olevetonahill
7/23/2008, 05:35 AM
Is it just me, or does that stadium just not look right w/o the alternating blue/white seating sections? It'l Gaylord Family without the red/white sections.

And I'm leaning toward's Jerry's Palace, too. Call me an elitist (which I am) I just don't think a premier sporting event needs to be at a wacky state fair.

But my mind is still open.

**** Jerry and all his horses
Leave the Damn game where its always been :mad:

soonerguild
7/24/2008, 01:13 AM
I'd take that bet.

RRSO tickets are in a lottery.

The more points you have the better your chances.

I bought home and away tickets 2 years running back in 2001 and 2002 and have been a Season ticket holder for ten years now. I don't donate, I just pay for my tickets.

I've gotten the opportunity to purchase RRSO tickets once.

Again...it really doesn't matter to me I've been almost every year.

I think most of the 8000 got swallowed up by folks who donate.

ok your correct, but when I said season ticket holders I was including people who donate. Most of the season ticket holders I know donate, even if it is just a little. Plus assuming that we have around 75,000 season ticket holders, the previous RRSO alotment was 38,000 or around 51% of our season ticket holder. Now the alotment is 46,000 or 61%. Now unless there are over 40,000 season ticket holders who donate(there could be really I have no idea) then you would think most of 10% of season ticket holders who are now eligible dont donate, tho I could be wrong.