PDA

View Full Version : Capel lands stud PG.......

Salt City Sooner
7/21/2008, 07:34 PM
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=54076

It's on the front page of OUInsider.

Ardmore_Sooner
7/21/2008, 08:27 PM
4 year PG. Guys this is huge. I'm so pumped right now!

Civicus_Sooner
7/21/2008, 08:36 PM
So, he's coming in next year I guess?

tommieharris91
7/21/2008, 09:20 PM
This is a really big signing for Capel. I really wanna buy season basketball tickets now.

soonerfan28
7/21/2008, 09:26 PM
Him and Warren will be one hell of a backcourt.

Ardmore_Sooner
7/21/2008, 10:32 PM
So, he's coming in next year I guess?

Class of 09, so next Fall.

Eielson
7/22/2008, 12:34 AM
Him and Warren will be one hell of a backcourt.

Too bad they probably wont ever get to play together.

Eielson
7/22/2008, 12:44 AM
So how many scholarships are we going to have available? We just got this guy and already had Pledger and Hardrick. Are we going to be able to add Orton and Boyd? If we have enough scholarships I think we could be looking at at least 4 rivals top 150 players.

Ardmore_Sooner
7/22/2008, 12:56 AM
Too bad they probably wont ever get to play together.

Warren won't go after his first year. His stock won't be high enough unless he goes completely through the roof this year.

Ardmore_Sooner
7/22/2008, 12:57 AM
So how many scholarships are we going to have available? We just got this guy and already had Pledger and Hardrick. Are we going to be able to add Orton and Boyd? If we have enough scholarships I think we could be looking at at least 4 rivals top 150 players.

We still have 3 scholys left if I'm not mistaken. Orton, Boyd, and Franklin are the last three targets. I honestly feel that we could legitimately have 6 Top 150 players.

soonerguild
7/22/2008, 01:15 AM
Orton has been quoted as saying that his main concern about OU is that our attendance is not what it should be. Unless people start showing up to games and filling the place Orton will go some place else. Plus if we don't start filling the place Capel might get tired of us and leave, regardless of how much Joe C can offer.

Also before I get hammered, I only missed one home game last year and I'm in the middle of medical school. We have to start supporting this team. We just have to.

soonerguild
7/22/2008, 01:16 AM
Getting TMG is a huge huge get tho. For what we bring to the table Capel is recruiting his butt off!!.

shaun4411
7/22/2008, 08:58 AM
there were big crowds at games last year. i was impressed .

badger
7/22/2008, 09:37 AM
This thread shall no longer be worthless:
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/TOMMYMASONGRIFFIN7_23150.JPG
Hmm... well, no shirtless fantasies are coming to mind, but my guess is he'll still be a highlight reel at least for some of you basketball lovers :D

Another Griffin, eh (admittedly, this is a Mason-Griffin variety)? Guessing that he will be the only Griffin left after this coming season, it is still funny.

"Tommy" is also definitely a popular name here in Sooner Nation :D

So there you have it - he's a Tommy AND he's a (Mason-) Griffin. National Championship shall be mine! ;)

Ardmore_Sooner
7/22/2008, 02:41 PM
This thread shall no longer be worthless:
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/TOMMYMASONGRIFFIN7_23150.JPG
Hmm... well, no shirtless fantasies are coming to mind, but my guess is he'll still be a highlight reel at least for some of you basketball lovers :D

Another Griffin, eh (admittedly, this is a Mason-Griffin variety)? Guessing that he will be the only Griffin left after this coming season, it is still funny.

"Tommy" is also definitely a popular name here in Sooner Nation :D

So there you have it - he's a Tommy AND he's a (Mason-) Griffin. National Championship shall be mine! ;)

Could you sell me some pot? :confused:

Eielson
7/22/2008, 10:05 PM
Warren won't go after his first year. His stock won't be high enough unless he goes completely through the roof this year.

I believe 8 of the top 10 rated players on rivals last year went pro.

semperfisooner
7/22/2008, 10:12 PM
I have a feeling TMG can be just like another D.J. Augustine for Texas or Mario Chalmers at Kansas. This kid is a huge pickup. What OU has sorely missed out on and why OU hasn't gone too far in the postseason. A PG wins games.

birddog
7/23/2008, 08:49 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/prepsports/2007/12/houston_finishes_with_92_recor.html

boomersooner28
7/23/2008, 05:18 PM
If people don't pack LNC this fall with the team Capel is putting on the court, we don't deserve Orton.

soonerfan28
7/23/2008, 05:46 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/prepsports/2007/12/houston_finishes_with_92_recor.html

Maybe that's why he's going to Oak Hill for his senior season.

Ruf/Nek7
7/23/2008, 07:11 PM
Its odd seeing the basketball team shining in recruiting along with the football team!! Pledger and TMG...awesome! Now im hoping either the NBA or NCAA announces a new rule keeping players in college for a minimal 3 years!!!

Curly Bill
7/23/2008, 07:15 PM
Now im hoping either the NBA or NCAA announces a new rule keeping players in college for a minimal 3 years!!!

You want to see an exodus of our best college-age basketball players going to Europe to play?