PDA

View Full Version : DirectV Users

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 02:35 PM
Anyone know how to get the channels you don't subscribe to to quit coming up on the channel guide?

Man this is pissing me off! :mad:

frankensooner
7/21/2008, 02:52 PM
easy, subscribe to them

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 02:54 PM
easy, subscribe to them

It's something I subscribe too.

http://www.washingtonimprovtheater.com/media/images/news/fist2008.jpg

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 02:58 PM
I'm gonna send em an email.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 03:11 PM
There is an on-line way to get a list of what's on the channels I pay for...to bad they can't send this to my receivers. :(

stoops the eternal pimp
7/21/2008, 03:16 PM
that is pretty annoying...you can choose channels I get in your options but it doesn't do any good

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 03:21 PM
I'm about to turn the whole freaking thing off and sell the receivers on EBAY.

We're gonna move soon anyway.

I bet if I change address and put it in my name instead of my Wifey's I can a good start up deal once Football starts. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
7/21/2008, 03:22 PM
I just go back and forth between dish and direct when my contracts wear off...

aurorasooner
7/21/2008, 03:49 PM
It's the same as the software malware mfgs who also have a paid version. When you click on a certain feature, it pops-up.....This feature is only available in the "premium version". I can't believe DirectTV doesn't have a Favorites-list of your channels like Comcast, where you can weed-out the "crap channels" which is about 75 to 80% of them.

? on Direct-TV----in a fairly basic package (w/o any of the movie channels...HBO etc), does Direct-TV, include all the Fox Sports regional channels....FS-Southwest, NW, Rcky MTN, & ESPN-U. I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger on a Direct-TV/qwest phone/'net package since we've got a DSL fiber node in our area for the 'net & Comcast doesn't even offer ESPNU on any cable TV tier (**^$$^%&*)()_(*. The only 2 decent channels on CC's sport's tier is Fox Sports Pacific which has a lot of replay Pac-10 games & the NFL channel. The rest of their sports tier channels including ESPNclassic & Fox Sports Central & Fox Sports Atlantic just flat suck. I was thinking about Qwest's DSL/Phone package & just keeping CC digital cable, but I just checked on CC's basic digital cable alone w/o 'net & phone, & it's gone up from between $40 to $50/mos to $65.00/mos with no sport's tier/ESPNU/or Fox regional sport's channels, just the main Fox Sports, ESPN, & ESPN-2 & a bunch of ""crap channels that you never watch.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 03:55 PM
If your not paying them around $80 bucks a month...you aren't getting much that's worth a damn.

Whet
7/21/2008, 04:15 PM
create your own list of channels....

Scott D
7/21/2008, 05:50 PM
go into your menu and setup and there is an option that will let you make up to 3 "favorites" listings that you can name whatever you want. It can also do an autoscan for the channels that you do get, and put them specifically in one of those listings. Then it's up to you to not switch the list for it to go through to be the "FAMILY" list that is the default.

85Sooner
7/21/2008, 06:26 PM
go into your menu and setup and there is an option that will let you make up to 3 "favorites" listings that you can name whatever you want. It can also do an autoscan for the channels that you do get, and put them specifically in one of those listings. Then it's up to you to not switch the list for it to go through to be the "FAMILY" list that is the default.

DING DING DING DING

swardboy
7/21/2008, 06:38 PM
On DishNetwork you just hit the "Guide" button again.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 08:10 PM
Dish it is.

Blue
7/21/2008, 11:58 PM
DirecTV rocks my face off. Get all the channels you cheap bastard. ;)