PDA

View Full Version : Donte Nicholson arrested

Boomer.....
7/21/2008, 01:42 PM
Bucs Nicholson tasered and arrested in bar scuffle

Bucs safety Donte Nicholson was tasered twice during a scuffle with police early Sunday morning at a St. Petersburg nightclub.

Nicholson, 26, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery and resisting arrest without violence. He was booked into Pinellas County jail at 3:35 a.m. Sunday and released at 6:50 a.m. after posting $300 bail.

The incident occurred around closing time at the Venue, a nightclub located at 2675 Ulmerton Road. According to Sgt. Jim Bordner, a spokesman for the Pinellas County Sheriff's office, there was a disturbance at the entrance at the club involving Nicholson's roommate, Torrey Robinson, 31.

Authorities say Robinson tried to re-enter the Venue, which is against club policy, and encountered two off-duty deputies who were working as security guards. Robinson claimed he was a Buccaneers player and flashed an expensive watch which struck one of the security guards in the face.

Sheriff's deputies investigating the altercation had to deploy their Taser to subdue Robinson. While he was being handcuffed, another disturbance broke out involving Nicholson, who was told by deputies to roll on his stomach.

According to sheriff's reports, when Nicholson tried to get up, he was tasered with no effect. As Nicholson was trying to pull the probe of the Taser from his chest, he was tasered again and subdued.

Robinson also was charged with two misdemeanors, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest without violence. He was released from Pinellas County jail at 6:52 a.m Sunday after posting $300 bail.

Nicholson was a fifth-round pick by the Bucs in 2005 from Oklahoma. He played in just one game last season and re-signed with the Bucs on June 21.

The Bucs report to training camp on Friday at the Celebration Hotel.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/07/bucs-nicholson.html

Not a huge deal but still an idot for interfering.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/21/2008, 02:02 PM
The had to taser him twice? Pretty tough dude...

batonrougesooner
7/21/2008, 02:53 PM
I'm a fan of the police and I work with them daily but I really think they are sometimes a little too quick with the taser.

kbsooner21
7/21/2008, 03:08 PM
The had to taser him twice? Pretty tough dude...

Kinda what I was thinking :eek:

sooner59
7/21/2008, 04:11 PM
Don't taser me dude!

Curly Bill
7/21/2008, 05:01 PM
I really think they are sometimes a little too quick with the taser.

Haven't you ever had a new toy? :D

soonerfan28
7/21/2008, 05:01 PM
He was tasered with no effect. Nice.

Partial Qualifier
7/21/2008, 06:38 PM
DONT TAZE ME DUDE!

RedstickSooner
7/21/2008, 08:04 PM
If cops used tasers only in situations when, otherwise, they'd have to use their guns, I'd be all for it. But, instead, they seem to use 'em quite often in situations where, otherwise, they'd just have to work a little harder. Or try talking to the guy.

I don't think you should tase someone or pepper spray 'em unless they're threatening you or someone else. Sure seems like you get a lot of usage where the target's only offense was that (s)he wasn't co-operating fully enough or quickly enough to make the cop happy.

Probably the best solution is something to serve as a disincentive for the police officer involved -- like some bogus waste-of-time review board where you had to stand before 'em and explain why you needed to use it each time you discharged your taser. That, or maybe a buttload of retarded paperwork.

Have a feeling either of those'd cut waaaaaaaay down on their use ;)

tulsaoilerfan
7/21/2008, 08:40 PM
Sounds like he didn't really do a whole lot to me

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 09:25 PM
BTW...It's "DON'T TAZE ME BRO!".

AkMkGOpAF4s

SoonerInLubbock
7/21/2008, 10:22 PM
As much as I hate to be "that guy". But if someone is following the cops directions and acting like an adult they won't get tazed. Every time I have been pulled over or had an encounter with a peace officer. I am 100% respectful, "yes sir, no sir, sorry sir", whatever. As you might guess I've never been tazed. Just do what the officer say's and no zappy.
If you have an issue with an officer. There is a coure of action that can be taken without acting like an idiot.:eek:

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 11:39 PM
The worst thing to say to a Cop is "Don't Taze me bro!"...that's what I think. :D

sooner518
7/22/2008, 11:16 AM
http://deadspin.com/5027676/bucs-safety-donte-nicholson-laughs-at-your-taser

The headline on this post is pretty funny