PDA

View Full Version : Hey SoonerStormchaser did you see this?

Sooner24
7/20/2008, 11:53 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25777752/

SoonerStormchaser
7/21/2008, 12:01 AM
Considering it was just released 45 minutes ago...nope. But I'm talking to one of my buddies from Randolph right now who's a Buff EWO to find out if anyone I know is over there on rotation.

Edit: the Fox News report says there were six people on board...the Buff usually has a crew of 5 (Pilot, Co, and 3 Navs...the regular Nav, the weapons Nav and the EWO)...wonder who was deadheading?

Sooner24
7/21/2008, 12:11 AM
Hope everyone is okay.

SoonerStormchaser
7/21/2008, 12:13 AM
They've got two of em out of the water at last report.

SoonerStormchaser
7/21/2008, 06:22 AM
Now the reports are saying NO survivors... :(

reevie
7/21/2008, 06:47 AM
Guam is has been some bad mojo for the Air Force lately.

SoonerStormchaser
7/21/2008, 04:38 PM
They've pulled two bodies from the water thus far...one has been identified. But the lack of debris is telling me that this was a high speed impact.

LoyalFan
7/21/2008, 09:57 PM
...wonder who was deadheading?

Achmed?

LF
Prayers for those lost and for their loved ones.
God Bless The USA!

SoonerStormchaser
7/26/2008, 10:03 AM
Ok ladies and gentlemen, there are officially no survivors...and a lot of us in the flying community (especially the junior Navs) are really being rocked by this as quite a few of us knew one or both LT's on the plane.
For those of you who don't know, there were six people on board: aircraft commander (a Major), co-pilot (a Captain), the radar nav (a Major, who graduated from OU), the panel nav (a 1LT who a lot of the navs in my squadron went through Randolph with), the EWO (another 1LT...same as the other guy) and a flight surgeon (a full-bird Coloonel). So far, they've only found the bodies of the AC and CP...and the lack of debris means they probably won't find the others for quite some time...if at all.

Because of fact that this is an ongoing investigation, and all information about the crash itself is still privileged, I can't tell you much for what happened. But it's pretty damned serious...and scary.

The panel nav was maybe 2 years older than myself, and he left behind a wife, 4-year old and a 5-month old. This is kinda hitting my wife hard right now, as this is a VERY sobering reminder about what it is that myself and my bretheren do for a living.

Sooner24
7/26/2008, 11:14 AM
Their families are all in my prayers. :(

StoopTroup
7/26/2008, 12:08 PM
I'm sure they will figure out what happened SSC.

Plane's don't fall out of the sky much.

When they do it tends to scare the heck out of folks.

I'd still rather be on a B-52 than riding my bike in Downtown Tulsa after D-Fest. Which I did last night. :eek: Freaking scary. I talked to a Cop as he was measuring off an accident that must have been cleaned up from earlier. I asked him about it while I was sitting at the light and he pointed at this brick retaining wall and said..."That's what happens when folks run from the Police". I saw it and laughed. Then some drunk Beyotch and her boyfriend comes barreling at me from behind and honks her horn as the light turns green. I got pretty PO'd. :mad:

Anyway....God Bless the Families and Friends of this most serious event.

Hang in there...chin up!

ST