PDA

View Full Version : Austin can kiss my ***.

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2008, 07:36 PM
I really only had one reason for going to The People's Republic of Travis County and that was to eat at Stubb's...my favorite BBQ restaurant.

I hadn't been in several years and my cousin was in town, so I figured we'd make the trip to Austin to eat. Well, they changed the menu and I don't know what the hell they did but it sucks major *** now.

StoopTroup
7/20/2008, 07:42 PM
Some people are so thickheaded.

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2008, 07:50 PM
Some people are so thickheaded.

Are these the same people who know crappy BBQ when they taste it?

StoopTroup
7/20/2008, 07:52 PM
[Bill Engvall]Austin[/BE] - Here's your sign.

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2008, 07:53 PM

:confused:

royalfan5
7/20/2008, 08:12 PM
How is it Austin's fault that Stubbs changed their menu?

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2008, 10:10 PM
How is it Austin's fault that Stubbs changed their menu?

It's not but aside from Stubb's, Austin doesn't have any redeeming qualities.
Since Stubb's sucks I can't find anything good to say about the place.

soonerscuba
7/21/2008, 12:05 AM
I would like to point out, that while I hate UT as much as the next Sooner, Austin, as a town, kicks ***.

def_lazer_fc
7/21/2008, 12:08 AM

i don't get it either. :confused:

oh wait, you have to like that hillbilly comedy to get this i think

def_lazer_fc
7/21/2008, 12:10 AM
besides football, austin has norman, okc, and tulsa all beat. just sayin'

SicEmBaylor
7/21/2008, 12:44 AM
Austin was fun until I hit 22. Now I can do without 10k drunk morons wearing burnt orange on 6th street.

Jimminy Crimson
7/21/2008, 02:21 AM
besides football, austin has norman, okc, and tulsa all beat. just sayin'

Austin isn't even a Big League City! :texan:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/21/2008, 02:30 AM
Austin was fun until I hit 22. Now I can do without 10k drunk morons wearing burnt orange on 6th street.WTF happened to you at 22?

7/21/2008, 02:31 AM
Austin isn't even a Big League City! :texan:It's got some really shi*ty traffic problems, though.

soonerboomer93
7/21/2008, 03:12 AM
reputation > actuality

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 07:26 AM
It's a ****hole.

I can't stand the place.

The best thing we've got going for us is that we don't even have to play a football game there.

I don't even like driving through Austin.

If they would build a turnpike around it...I'd pay to use it.

I'll bet that any of you who like to visit Austin weren't wearing Sooner Apparrel.

Sicem...were you wearing a BU Jersey while eating at Stubbs?

Even if I'm not in Texas...I won't eat at a Longwhorn Steakhouse or Texas Roadhouse.

TCUMHPrbwSg&feature=related

sooneron
7/21/2008, 07:33 AM
Stubbs?

I always thought that place was way overrated. It's the tourist spot. I can name 5 places far better than Stubbs.

weak sauce

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 07:41 AM
Documented Texas Child Abuse

z7GdyVYjSuw&NR=1

TexasLidig8r
7/21/2008, 08:09 AM
So.. the thousands of incredibly beautiful, young women, all just about your age... who have a certain casual nature to their sexuality holds no appeal?

BBQ in Austin? Two words... Salt Lick.

Oh.. and try Fonda San Miguel.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 08:12 AM
I'm married and a Sooner.

Texas has nothing I need. :D

sooneron
7/21/2008, 08:19 AM
I haven't really enjoyed austin since the 80's. It has overgrown itself and is no longer what it once was.

47straight
7/21/2008, 01:20 PM
Stubbs doesn't register on the scale of good bbq places in town.

Lid must be talking about San Marcos, home of Texas State.

And Austin is pretty good, but it is overrated. Sooneron is correct that it has overgrown itself and is no longer what it once was, and not for the better.

Flagstaffsooner
7/21/2008, 01:30 PM
Austin can kiss my ***. There're plenty of boys there that will take you up on that.

C&CDean
7/21/2008, 01:54 PM
I would like to point out, that while I hate UT as much as the next Sooner, Austin, as a town, kicks ***.

If you're a fag, a liberal, or both.

The average red-blooded American male thinks Austin is a ****hole. Far and away, the best thing that ever came outta that pinko hole is Austin City Limits and Derrick Strait.

NormanPride
7/21/2008, 02:01 PM
My first memory of Austin was on a school field trip to see the capitol. We got off the bus and heard a really loud "RICHARD!!" When we looked at where the sound came from, there was a man jumping into the arms of another man to make out. While this was a horrible memory, it is also my favorite memory of Austin, if that says anything.

7/21/2008, 02:06 PM

The average red-blooded American male thinks Austin is a ****hole. Far and away, the best thing that ever came outta that pinko hole is Austin City Limits and Derrick Strait.I drove through there last year, and the traffic was like Keystone Cops. I used to go there on business a lot back in the early-mid '70's. It was MUCH nicer then. Now, it's just a
long-and-gheyhorn romper room.:mack:

TexasLidig8r
7/21/2008, 02:34 PM

The average red-blooded American male thinks Austin is a ****hole. Far and away, the best thing that ever came outta that pinko hole is Austin City Limits and Derrick Strait.

OH sweet blue Jebus on a tricycle! When was the last time you visited Austin for any appreciable time?

I'm straight, conservative and neither a fag or liberal and I like Austin. Pretty fair food, attractive women, good, natural beauty. Yes, the infrastructure leaves A LOT to be desired, but there are back roads.

Assuming you don't go screaming "Boomer Sooner" and wear a bunch of crimson polyester and have a mullet and think that Super Burritos at 7 -11 are the height of haute cuisine, you'll be just fine.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 02:38 PM
:pop:

C&CDean
7/21/2008, 02:47 PM
OH sweet blue Jebus on a tricycle! When was the last time you visited Austin for any appreciable time?

I'm straight, conservative and neither a fag or liberal and I like Austin. Pretty fair food, attractive women, good, natural beauty. Yes, the infrastructure leaves A LOT to be desired, but there are back roads.

Assuming you don't go screaming "Boomer Sooner" and wear a bunch of crimson polyester and have a mullet and think that Super Burritos at 7 -11 are the height of haute cuisine, you'll be just fine.

I was there for a week a couple years back. Stayed at the Marriott right by the capital. I wore OU gear every single day. I went down to 6th St. every night while in town. Got a few weird looks, but nobody ****ed with me.

What really stood out is that I thought "this whole town is like The Deli on campus in Norman." A bunch of indy kids listening to bands who think they invented rock & roll and they did it right there in Austin. I ate decent mexican grub (can't remember the name of the place but it was pretty good) with Katy and some of her friends from whornfans, and spent countless hours sitting in the parking lot y'all call I-35.

It's an average town with terrible traffic and a major eyesore right off the interstate called "UT."

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 02:51 PM
I'll agree that most folks in Austin act like UT isn't even there.

Most of them are just looking around for a good lawyer probably. :D

ultimatesooner1
7/21/2008, 08:50 PM
Austin has the Bob Marley festival thing every years so they got that going for them

bluedogok
7/21/2008, 09:27 PM
That is because most of the people here now have no association to UT, they have overtaken the Whorns in the Austin metro area. Considering how many graduates that place puts out I would have thought there would be more of them out there, in our office we are only about 1/4 Whorn out of 20 and most of them aren't the "loud" type.

StoopTroup - there is a toll road around the east side of Austin, it is almost completed from I-25 in Georgetown to I-35 in Kyle, many recommended taking it instead of I-35 through town going to San Antonio last year. I avoid I-35 like the plague, 35E through Dallas is much worse (I commuted weekly from Austin to Dallas for four months, four years ago), thankfully 35W through Fort Worth is there to take when heading back to OKC.

I like Austin better than any other Texas city, I had a chance to move back to Dallas and have absolutely no desire to, I would move back to OKC before I would move back to Dallas. I am just tired of the heat we have had this year, 30+ days over 100 so far this summer.

...and Stubb's BBQ has always sucked...they have some good bands play there, but the food is marginal at best. Texas Roadhouse is a crappy steak place based in Indianapolis, Indiana. They have actually sued some real Texas Roadhouses that existed long before the crappy chain trademarked the name. I refuse to eat at them, tried the one at Memorial & Penn before I moved down here and was unimpressed.

tommieharris91
7/21/2008, 10:33 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan was pretty good.

Anyway, while on the way back from my last spring break trip, me and my friends decided to drive through UT's campus. We drove around the campus a little bit, and the consensus was that it was ugly, trashy, and fairly boring, especially compared to OU's campus. We decided to look at their new stadium, and thought it was ginormously huge, and expanding. We took a visit to their football trophy room. Yea, they had shiny trophies, but it was notably smaller than the one at OU.

7/22/2008, 12:04 AM
In summation, Austin is just fine for whorns, and Travis county natives who don't know much about barbecue.

def_lazer_fc
7/22/2008, 02:15 AM

oh, you're back. i was wondering where all the homophobic comments went.

47straight
7/22/2008, 07:55 AM
oh, you're back. i was wondering where all the homophobic comments went.

I believe the term is heterosexist.

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 11:16 AM
I know folks have to try to make a living and sometimes have no choice but to move in order to keep a job.

The thing is...I had the vision early on to avoid living in Texas.

Even now as things have become tough in the employment sector, the Wife and I have even considered moving away as we are 10-15 years out of retirement.

I just can't do it though. Austin would be the last place on Earth I/we would consider.

So if I seem kind of Anti-Austin...I am.

It's not gonna change by putting some nice restaurants in it either.

I love Oklahoma and the Life I have here.

Texas has many huge cities now....and I wouldn't choose a one of them over any city or town in Oklahoma.

I do understand how you can get stuck in a rut though.

All of us here will be glad to help when you find a way to get out. :D

7/22/2008, 11:52 AM
I know folks have to try to make a living and sometimes have no choice but to move in order to keep a job.

The thing is...I had the vision early on to avoid living in Texas.

Even now as things have become tough in the employment sector, the Wife and I have even considered moving away as we are 10-15 years out of retirement.

I just can't do though. Austin would be the last place on Earth I we would consider.

So if I seem kind of Anti-Austin...I am.

It's not gonna change by putting some nice restaurants in it either.

I love Oklahoma and the Life I have here.

Texas has many huge cities now....and I wouldn't choose a one of them over any city or town in Oklahoma.

I do understand how you can get stuck in a rut though.

All of us here will be glad to help when you find a way to get out. :DHey lid...capiche?:mack:

Animal Mother
7/22/2008, 01:03 PM
So.. the thousands of incredibly beautiful, young women, all just about your age... who have a certain casual nature to their sexuality holds no appeal?

BBQ in Austin? Two words... Salt Lick.

Oh.. and try Fonda San Miguel.

Yeah. If you can't appreciate women without labeling where there loins come from, you're done. And since I can't find Stubbs Wicked Wing sauce in Fort Worth, I too vote for Salt Lick. Already did anyway.

TexasLidig8r
7/22/2008, 04:38 PM
Hey lid...capiche?:mack:

You know.. I would ordinarily give a smart arse remark along the lines of....

SEE ! PAROCHIALISM!

instead...

Live and let live.
To each their own.

:)

Animal Mother
7/22/2008, 05:04 PM
I saw a good reply to "Keep Austin Weird" on a shirt a guy was wearing in Southlake last weekend. "Keep Lubbuck Flat".
That Austin slogan is so 20 minutes ago.

olevetonahill
7/22/2008, 05:10 PM
Talk about GHEY threads
we Got Sicem , Lid and AM in this one :eek:

SicEmBaylor
7/22/2008, 05:38 PM

Most of them are just looking around for a good lawyer probably. :D

Most Waco locals act like Baylor isn't there either.

kbsooner21
7/22/2008, 05:39 PM
Most Waco locals act like Baylor isn't there either.

Can you blame them? :D ;)

Viking Kitten
7/22/2008, 05:56 PM
I saw a good reply to "Keep Austin Weird" on a shirt a guy was wearing in Southlake last weekend. "Keep Lubbuck Flat".
That Austin slogan is so 20 minutes ago.

Dude, try 20 years ago. I saw people wearing that shirt my traitor brother's freshman year at UT in 1988.

For the record, put me down in the "I like Austin as a city" camp.

Good eats+good music=happy me.

olevetonahill
7/22/2008, 05:59 PM
Dude, try 20 years ago. I saw people wearing that shirt my traitor brother's freshman year at UT in 1988.

For the record, put me down in the "I like Austin as a city" camp.

Good eats+good music=happy me.

You just like all the Fags and their Ghey shoes :pop:

Viking Kitten
7/22/2008, 06:02 PM
You won't see me arguing with that either. :D

olevetonahill
7/22/2008, 06:08 PM
You won't see me arguing with that either. :D

Lid and Sicem have a new set :pop:

85Sooner
7/22/2008, 08:01 PM
The whole slogan

"Keep Austin Weird, We are here because we're not all there"

Ain't it the truth.

Cam
7/25/2008, 02:34 PM
There's a place for everybody.

The best thing to come out of Austin is my kids. It's unfortunate they're saddled with the fact that they were born there. We got them out as soon as we could and are far more happier where we're at.

As a whole, I'll take OKC over Austin any day. That's just me and my opinion. I like to visit Austin to see my friends, but if they weren't there, I'd be ok never going back.

I've had Stubb's BBQ 3 or 4 times. Thought it sucked each time. I'd much rather go to Rudy's. At least the meat has some flavor there.

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:46 PM
Austin is awesome, one of the best music scenes in the US

sooneron
7/25/2008, 05:02 PM
Austin is awesome, it was one of the best music scenes in the US

fixed!:texan: