PDA

View Full Version : BOk Center Opening Act w/The Eagles

Okla-homey
7/20/2008, 12:50 PM
on Sept 6 is dead to us.

Home game. That day. Otherwise, we would have gone to see The Eagles.

How in the name of all that's holy could they not have deconflicted the schedule with OU home games?

not to mention the pokies are at home that day too.

King Crimson
7/20/2008, 01:01 PM
there's a blunder.

yermom
7/20/2008, 01:12 PM
yeah... scheduling something big on a Saturday in the fall in Oklahoma isn't exactly bright

Okla-homey
7/20/2008, 01:17 PM
yeah... scheduling something big on a Saturday in the fall in Oklahoma isn't exactly bright

they are virtually guarenteeing only dorks will be at the concert.

royalfan5
7/20/2008, 01:49 PM
they are virtually guarenteeing only dorks will be at the concert.I think they guaranteed that when they booked the Eagles.

BigRedJed
7/20/2008, 02:16 PM
Heh.

KC//CRIMSON
7/20/2008, 03:17 PM
Aggy gotta do something on the weekends.

frankensooner
7/20/2008, 04:04 PM
No wonder Girth declined being the opener. He is to be bedecked in prison orange enjoying his favorite team.

Just another reason OKC>Tulsa! ;)

Okla-homey
7/20/2008, 07:26 PM
I think they guaranteed that when they booked the Eagles.

STFU! ;) The Eagles are one of the greatest bands of all time.

There is no finer rock anthem than Desperado, except maybe Freebird. Okay, its in the top five with Stairway to Heaven, Freebird, Faithfully and Yesterday.

StoopTroup
7/20/2008, 07:44 PM
Definitely an aggie move.

Mjcpr
7/21/2008, 07:01 PM
It sold out in less than 40 minutes.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0708/537321.html

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 07:05 PM
Apparently there are at least 20,000 non-football-watching dorks in Tulsa, or at least who are willing to travel to Tulsa to see a show. Good to know. I'm not sure what I'll use that tidbit of knowledge for, but it could come in handy at some point.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 08:05 PM
10,000 scalpers

tulsaoilerfan
7/21/2008, 08:46 PM
10,000 scalpers

I'm wondering that myself; how the **** do 18,000 seats sell out in 40 minutes?

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 08:51 PM
Garth bought em?

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 09:16 PM
I'm wondering that myself; how the **** do 18,000 seats sell out in 40 minutes?
It happens. The FC sold out Paul McCartney in the same time frame, if memory serves, as one of the first major shows there. It made some heads spin in the concert business, and OKC got tons of great arena shows for a while as a result. The same thing will probably happen in Tulsa, too.

Pent-up demand for that level of a show causes EVERYBODY to come out of the woodwork.

bluedogok
7/21/2008, 09:40 PM
Aggy gotta do something on the weekends.
I know of many who have weddings on OU-Texas weekend, I guess they figure that will automatically eliminate some potential guests.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 09:56 PM
It happens. The FC sold out Paul McCartney in the same time frame, if memory serves, as one of the first major shows there. It made some heads spin in the concert business, and OKC got tons of great arena shows for a while as a result. The same thing will probably happen in Tulsa, too.
Pent-up demand for that level of a show causes EVERYBODY to come out of the woodwork.

I believe that's why they built it Jed.

The concensus was...if you build it...they will come.

Naysayers just want to see it fail.

I'm sure the River Deal would have worked out too but it was just way to over the top. Diverting water with money scares people.

Okla-homey
7/22/2008, 05:48 AM
It sold out in less than 40 minutes.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0708/537321.html

Impressive, but in this digital age, not as impressive as one might think. Particularly given the existence of ticket re-sellers which automatically purchase vast blocks of seats on-line for re-sale using sophisticated programs.

Mjcpr
7/22/2008, 08:17 AM
Yes, but they likely wouldn't do so if they didn't feel there would be a demand. I would like to have seen them but I'm not going to fight the brokers or pay an exorbitant fee; they believe people will though. There isn't anything you can do about that I guess, which is unfortunate.

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 09:03 AM
I started to type out a solution to this ticket scalper problem and realized....

I just don't care anymore.

I don't care about buying any of these acts CD or DVDs unless they are at a used CD/DVD store. I save money and they are just as great :rolleyes: on a used CD/DVD.

Ticket scalping is the music industries problem and if people want to continue to put up with places like BOK or The Ford Center not feeling like it's their problem...they can.

When it's possible to get a ticket in advance for someone I actually want to see...I'd imagine I'll jump through the hoops to do it.

Would I have liked to be at opening night to see the Eagles?

Yeah.

Thing is...I'd rather be at an OU game and miss it.

The night I actually walk into BOK Center to see an act or a game...will be opening night for me.

Plus...I can now sit back and hopefully watch the scalpers eat all of those tickets.

I would pay 1/2 face for it them though...I know some aggies that would like to go. :D

bri
7/22/2008, 12:17 PM
This just in: It's not actually that difficult to find 18,000 people who don't think an OU/Cincy game is the most important thing ever. :D

picasso
7/22/2008, 12:19 PM
my old lady's mom got online last night early and still had to pay $200 for tix.

I ain't paying that much to see a watered down Eagles gig. Besides, the Dude hates the effin Eagles man!

bri
7/22/2008, 12:21 PM
I'm secure in the fact that I got to see 'em on the first "reunion" tour, and it's not like I care to hear anything they've written since then. The only reason I was thinking of going was that I thought I'd be able to get discounted tickets and the special "first event" ticket they're handing out at the show. It'd frame up real nice with the poster they're handing out when I tour the arena on 8/29. ;)

Okla-homey
7/22/2008, 12:32 PM
This just in: It's not actually that difficult to find 18,000 people who don't think an OU/Cincy game is the most important thing ever. :D

but we only have six home games this season. Therefore, my ponderous white kiester will be in my seat watching Slinging Sammy and the new Boomer and Sooner get tuckered as we thump the Bearcats.

I would also like to note, for the record, my alma mater (The Citadel) beat UT-C 41-17 last year at Chattanooga. I predict this Sooner team is probably capable of scoring 100 pts. on the Mocs in OUr season opener.

bri
7/22/2008, 12:36 PM
Nah, we'll take a knee the last three quarters and merely win 91-2 when Sam kneels the ball down in our end zone while giggling, just to make them feel better/worse. :D

Okla-homey
7/22/2008, 12:40 PM
Nah, we'll take a knee the last three quarters and merely win 91-2 when Sam kneels the ball down in our end zone while giggling, just to make them feel better/worse. :D

I say let him play three series in the third quarter then take him out.

BigRedJed
7/22/2008, 01:27 PM
Don't make me have to move this thread to the football forum.

bri
7/22/2008, 07:23 PM
DANCE, MOD LACKEY, DANCE!!

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 07:29 PM
I saw Joe Walsh a couple of times live.

The last time I saw him was when he released this.

He didn't need no stinkin' Eagles to help him neither.

MdKY2rDdK2E

mdklatt
7/22/2008, 09:18 PM
How in the name of all that's holy could they not have deconflicted the schedule with OU home games?

Norman > Tulsa

StoopTroup
7/22/2008, 09:20 PM
Norman > Tulsa

On gameday...I know your right.