PDA

View Full Version : Top 15 most lopsided rivalries (OU on the list twice)

Beano's Fourth Chin
7/19/2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.fanblogs.com/ncaa/007635.php

10) Oklahoma-Oklahoma State, 102 games, .799 The only intrastate rivalry to make the list. Oklahoma wasn't even a state yet and OU-Ron was still a young man when the Cowboys started getting owned by OU. A decent record against the Sooners is apparently something that T. Boone Pickens can't buy...

1) Oklahoma-Iowa State, 75 games, .919 Okay, I had to look it up, but Iowa State WAS a member of the old Big 8 conference. They decided to continue the despair and moved over to the Big 12, where they are also the designated beat-down'ees of Nebraska and Colorado. Too bad the Cyclones can't match that F-5 tornado that comes out of Oklahoma--they are indeed the drubbing kings in all of BCS Division 1-A.

Flagstaffsooner
7/19/2008, 02:47 PM
OU ISU a rivalry?

Octavian
7/19/2008, 04:19 PM
The writer had to "look up" whether or not Iowa St. was in the Big 8? Was he born in the 90s?

The Clones might be easy to forget...but still...

goingoneight
7/19/2008, 09:29 PM
OU ISU a rivalry?

OU/OSU is a rivalry? :confused:

Boomer.....
7/20/2008, 11:37 AM
OU/OSU is a rivalry? :confused:

:D

Piware
7/21/2008, 12:44 PM
No way! OSU is an annoyance but certainly not a rivalry.

soonermix
7/21/2008, 12:53 PM
No way! OSU is an annoyance but certainly not a rivalry.

i think they are stating for them not us :)

OUMallen
7/21/2008, 01:06 PM
Ridiculous to say OU/ISU belongs on this list.

badger
7/21/2008, 02:06 PM
I think it should come as no surprise that Iowa State was in the Big 8. How in the hell do they sneak into the Big 12 if they aren't in the Big 8? :D

Rather than call out the list as ridiculous, let's just say that it is ridiculous to say that a series is a rivalry if it is lopsided.

VA Sooner
7/21/2008, 08:38 PM
I can see OU and OSU as rivals... especially if you were from the state and went to one of those two schools. I see OU-Texas as a much bigger rivalry but I wonder in the eyes of Texas fans... who is the bigger foe... OU or Texas A&M. My Horns fans here can't stand A&M with a passion... more venom for them than us.

ISU is a rivalry?

goingoneight
7/21/2008, 09:02 PM
I can see OU and OSU as rivals... especially if you were from the state and went to one of those two schools. I see OU-Texas as a much bigger rivalry but I wonder in the eyes of Texas fans... who is the bigger foe... OU or Texas A&M. My Horns fans here can't stand A&M with a passion... more venom for them than us.

ISU is a rivalry?

Yeah... something about a farmer "poking" your mascot makes you angry as hell. That's why the Rufneks keep shotguns near Boomer and Sooner when :stunned: comes to town.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 09:15 PM
When OU and tamu are whipping the whorns ***...they are both rivals.

The whorns start acting all aggie when it happens too.

Sco
7/21/2008, 09:42 PM
I think this is supposed to just be a generic look at records. I highly doubt USC-Wash St or USC-Ore St or Mich-Purdue are considered rivalries either....