PDA

View Full Version : Computer Scans

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 12:06 PM
I get really PO'd when you go to the trouble of using Free Software to scan your computer and you stop what your doing to try and get the job done and all the program really does is try to scare you into an Upgrade.

I'd like to throat punch M*****F*****s that offer something free and then don't deliver what you thought you were getting.

I will never buy a thing from a Company that does that ****. :mad: :mad:

Frozen Sooner
7/19/2008, 12:20 PM
Of course, you'd never buy from a company that gave up the booty for free, either...;)

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 12:39 PM
Tell me upfront.

I might.

Even a 30 day trial.

If it works well...why wouldn't I?

OUHOMER
7/19/2008, 12:40 PM
I am having problems too. When i go to a page sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I hit the stop button and hit reload than it loads OK, most of the time.

I have run all the free stuff i got but it doesn't fix the problem. I guess i am going to have to buy something to fix this problem.

Dont know what yet.

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 12:42 PM
It's not just Soonerfans that I'm having a problem with.

I've got some registry issues and things are running to slow for me to deal with...

OUHOMER
7/19/2008, 12:48 PM
Same here. Sometimes i can not even get into my paypal account.
I am haveing the problem on yahoo as well sometimes.

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 01:38 PM
I got one to work...

Everything is Mo Betta Now.

OUHOMER
7/19/2008, 01:41 PM
I got one to work...

Everything is Mo Betta Now.

Which One??????????????????

olevetonahill
7/19/2008, 01:42 PM
Which One??????????????????

The one that worked :rolleyes:

OUHOMER
7/19/2008, 01:44 PM
The one that worked :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing it out old wise one. does that come with age:D

Flagstaffsooner
7/19/2008, 01:49 PM
If you guys are talking about the stuff that pops up while you are at a questionable site and says that your computer is infected..... Dont do it. Lots of spyware and bots in there.

olevetonahill
7/19/2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for pointing it out old wise one. does that come with age:D

Why Yes , Yes it do :D
That and an Indulgence in Natty

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 01:57 PM
Adaware SE Personal

OUHOMER
7/19/2008, 03:16 PM
Adaware SE Personal

I think that helped, i did up grade to adware2008. time will tell:O

aurorasooner
7/21/2008, 08:41 AM
I am having problems too. When i go to a page sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. I hit the stop button and hit reload than it loads OK, most of the time. I had the same problem at the end of last week. My cable modem showed that all of my broadband ISP's signal levels (upstream/downstream) were within the norms. This complete web-page would not load---"timed-out" hasn't happened for the 5 or 6 years that I've been on cable broadband, and before Firefox 3. I called my cable ISP and, as usual, everything always "looks good". Within 15 minutes, the web-site page-load problem magically disappeared.

As far as ad-aware 2008. At the end of last year, that they would no longer support SE & AW 6. After a couple of months with, no-updates, I just dumped it for a couple of other on-demand freeware scanners and the one real-time anti-malware scanner that I run on this computer. A couple of months ago, I noticed that Ad-aware again had a free version. It appears to me that Ad-aware '08 is one of the worst as far as to try and get you to upgrade to a paid version, in that they've included options in their free interface, but, like so many SW mfgs who use their free-stripped down version as bait, Ad-aware has deleted some of the previous scan functions that were found on Ad-aware SE. One was the ability to scan individual folders (Windows or system32 for example) and now you can only do a complete scan or a quick-scan in the free-version, and you can't select what to scan. I never found that Ad-aware found anything significant anyway and AW-2008 is no different, more of an anti-malware placebo scan than anything else.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/21/2008, 09:11 AM
I think everyone should just format and fuhhhget about it...

stoops the eternal pimp
7/21/2008, 09:16 AM
If anybody needs a pc I m building one at work that is a masterpiece, straight from a pile of stuff I found while cleaning out the storage building...

450 processor
windows 95 OS
4 gig hard drive
4x cd writer

36k modem

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 09:18 AM
SAwhEaT!!!!