PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Salvation trailer

badger
7/19/2008, 09:58 AM
How bout that trailer with Dark Knight for the fourth Terminator installment?

Apparently, they're going to pretend that the third movie never happened and it will be kind of stand-alone like Batman Begins being independent (but related) of the earlier nipple suit movies.

Christian Bale (yay!) will once again turn everything he touches into gold. They also will be having an Austrian bodybuilder (who is NOT named Arnold, sorry) to play the T-800.

Spoiler warning but not really: The alleged ending is already posted online. Whoopsies. Just type "Terminator Salvation ending" into Google and you'll find it.

Thoughts?

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 10:15 AM
Hasta LaVista Babay!

vyFWqJ9XDUo&feature=related

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 10:21 AM
There's also this one. :D

L9eIDXCw3xo&feature=related

soonerinabilene
7/19/2008, 11:17 AM
How bout that trailer with Dark Knight for the fourth Terminator installment?

Apparently, they're going to pretend that the third movie never happened and it will be kind of stand-alone like Batman Begins being independent (but related) of the earlier nipple suit movies.

Christian Bale (yay!) will once again turn everything he touches into gold. They also will be having an Austrian bodybuilder (who is NOT named Arnold, sorry) to play the T-800.

Spoiler warning but not really: The alleged ending is already posted online. Whoopsies. Just type "Terminator Salvation ending" into Google and you'll find it.

Thoughts?

I dont think they are pretending the third one never happened. This one is probably just picking up a couple of years after the nukes were launched.

Oh, and way in.

badger
7/19/2008, 02:07 PM
My understanding is that it would follow the timeline of the Sarah Connor Chronicles television show, as opposed to the timeline of the Terminator 3 movie, thus pretending the third one didn't happen.

StoopTroup
7/19/2008, 02:10 PM
So did the 3rd one really happen then or was it Terminated?

soonermix
7/20/2008, 02:25 AM
i'm going to put this one into the "shoulda killed this franchise off a long time ago" section

shaun4411
7/20/2008, 07:36 AM
i just hope they dont have a hot terminator. cause i dont want to root for the bad guy.(girl)

badger
7/20/2008, 10:03 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXnELk6pZVk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXnELk6pZVk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Since nobody's posted the actual trailer, heh.

I think there will be plenty of bad guys to root against (or for) in this "future," based on the trailer. Love the music, btw.

Veritas
7/20/2008, 10:07 AM
i'm going to put this one into the "shoulda killed this franchise off a long time ago" section

Yup. I actually put it into the "should not have been a franchise" section. Seriously, Judgement Day sucked balls. The graphics were cool with the liquid thing, that was it.

MR2-Sooner86
7/20/2008, 11:05 AM
Yup. I actually put it into the "should not have been a franchise" section. Seriously, Judgement Day sucked balls. The graphics were cool with the liquid thing, that was it.

http://www.dianahsieh.com/blog/uploaded_images/millionaire_idiot_fail-713308.jpg

JohnnyMack
7/20/2008, 10:00 PM

You go to hell.

JohnnyMack
7/20/2008, 10:00 PM
I was about to pull it out and whack it when this trailer came on. I felt like Dolemite with a white sock.

Hot Rod
7/21/2008, 07:47 AM
I want to thank the guy who yelled "OH MY GOD!" after it revealed the title at the end. He got the nerd award in our auditorium.

sooneron
7/21/2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I think it would be a good thing if veritittay would post even less.

I would also like to pretend that the thrid one didn't happen. Or that I didn't pay to see it...

shaun4411
7/21/2008, 08:52 AM
i suppose that sort of explains why he looked a tad thin in dark knight.

after some investigating, he signed to do three terminator movies.

badger
7/21/2008, 09:35 AM
i suppose that sort of explains why he looked a tad thin in dark knight.

after some investigating, he signed to do three terminator movies.

I actually looked this up (I read a lot, I am not a nerd). Christian Bale decided not to regain all that Batman weight of the first one because he wanted Batman to not be the power guy, but be agile and fast.

They really aren't letting on a lot about these movies, but from my understanding, the future has to happen at some point (even if it later doesn't happen, lolz) so that people and cyborgs can be sent back in time. I believe that James Cameron wanted to make this vision a reality at one point. The scenes showing "one possible future" were far too popular in the movies to not go that route. The best scenes of the new TV show "Sarah Connor Chronicles" was the flash forwards to the future.

So, just so that we have some idea of what to expect, here's the "one possible future" scenes I remember from the TV and movies. Please add in any. I'm omitting the third movie, because I hated its direction and because I think they're going to pretend it didn't happen. Shhh! Let's never speak of Terminator 3 again...

First movie: Kyle Reese (spoiler warning: Anytime you think he's going to die, he doesn't in the upcoming movie!) is next to a construction site and the sounds remind him of the future. A lot of lasers (thank you, 1984 technology). A lot of skull crushing. Would the terminators really line up that many human skulls in a row just to crush them with their little cyborg footsies?

Another flashback later in a dream. Reese enters the hideout and rests while looking at Sarah Connor's picture she receives at the end of the first movie. Kids watching television, which turns out to be holding a fire. Others hunting rats for food. Doggies bark when a terminator enters.

Second movie: Flying hunter killers. A lot of walking cyborg skeletons without the living human tissue. Humans fight with less techie weapons, but use older vehicles and other means to elude cyborg attacks.

TV show: Rubber skinned T-600s! Human torture... or something that makes the guys all tired and stuff while captured. Reprogrammed terminators help humans overtake time travel machine, followed by getting sent back in time to help ensure Connor survival. Cyborgs used not only to attack, but also gather supplies for Skynet.

Thoughts?