PDA

View Full Version : XM/Sirius Merger greenlighted by Feds

Okla-homey
7/19/2008, 05:45 AM
Yay!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9207FPG0&show_article=1

King Crimson
7/19/2008, 05:49 AM
the key words there in terms of FCC regulation are "public interest". that's old language that dates back to the 1934 Communications Act. It's as old as the FCC itself. However, the FCC is almost never not in the pocket of industry no matter how the article tries to characterize Adelstein.

Okla-homey
7/19/2008, 05:53 AM
I'm just happy to know all Big XII and SEC football games will soon be available from the same place.

King Crimson
7/19/2008, 05:55 AM
I'm just happy to know all Big XII and SEC football games will soon be available from the same place.

you like games on the radio, Homes?

Okla-homey
7/19/2008, 06:44 AM
you like games on the radio, Homes?

when you're driving to Norman from Tulsa on gameday, and especially when driving home after a night game, its nice to be able to listen to other good football games.

King Crimson
7/19/2008, 07:17 AM
when you're driving to Norman from Tulsa on gameday, and especially when driving home after a night game, its nice to be able to listen to other good football games.

so, you're willing to condone and even endorse monopoly for your own personal consumer gratification for 4-6 nights a year? sacrifice one of the holy tenets of the free market so you get your post-Sooner Turner Turnpike jollies?

i'm just funnin you. in the early days of the net, you could get all the team b-casts of games....it was great to surf the nation and listen to a quarter of the Wake Forest-NC State game and then Kansas-ISU, Vandy-Tennessee etc. just to hear how the saturday afternoon electric on the radio sounded with the homer broadcasters and "pageantry", etc.

GottaHavePride
7/19/2008, 11:01 AM
Now I can get Big XII games AND The Met Opera's broadcast channel in one place? IN.

tommieharris91
7/19/2008, 11:02 AM
the key words there in terms of FCC regulation are "public interest". that's old language that dates back to the 1934 Communications Act. It's as old as the FCC itself. However, the FCC is almost never not in the pocket of industry no matter how the article tries to characterize Adelstein.

:confused:

GrapevineSooner
7/19/2008, 01:11 PM
Not to mention, ONE place from which to listen to MLB, NFL, NHL, College sports, etc.

When I can justify the cost to my wife, I'm getting satellite radio.