PDA

View Full Version : I Love A Good Summer Festival

Rogue
7/18/2008, 08:43 PM
'Round here every little burg has one of some kind. An apple festival, a sweet tater festival, a 'mater festival, and on and on. Most have a local bluegrass band playing.
Something good on the grill. Local crafts and stuff (DILLIGAF about that?).

I did Bonnaroo a few years in a row.
Rothbury this summer.

Somehow, Asheville, NC is only 45 minutes from me. I made it to Warren Hayne's Christmas Jam (NOT a summer festival but a goodun just the same), but I've never made it to Bele Chere - Asheville's Biggest Summer Festival (http://www.belecherefestival.com/)

Perspective - I'm in the more affordable, arguably less cultured, definitely more conservative area here in East TN. Asheville is neo-hippie, pretty expensive, and has a more laid-back feel.

I enjoyed the Wailers earlier this month. Stephanie's Id is OK, Mrs. Rogue likes 'em. The weather will be perfect. If I ride the bike there instead of driving, parking is much better and, if it sucks, we can hit the Blue Ridge Parkway for a nice cruise.
Edit: The Wailers are on now, won't be seeing them.

But, we're lazy. And usually broke. And poorly motivated. WTF?

Any of you hillbillies gonna be in Asheville tomorrow?

King Crimson
7/18/2008, 08:46 PM
i've been to Asheville. Warren Haynes, Gov't Mule. yeah?

funny how neo-hippy=expensive. said the guy who lives in Boulder, Colorado.

Rogue
7/18/2008, 08:52 PM
It is odd that these kids can afford Asheville, Boulder, Santa Fe, etc.
I wonder if they are trust-funders that are just sewing wild oats, kids living in their parents' basements, or what?

Lott's Bandana
7/18/2008, 09:22 PM
I started the summer at Sasquatch, gonna end it at Austin City Limits...not a bad year.