PDA

View Full Version : Bob off the radar?

PLaw
7/18/2008, 08:22 PM
Interestng take from CFN:

- The one guy you’d want coaching your team.

Fiu: I’d probably want Urban Meyer if I could have anyone, but there’s a part of me that wants Georgia Tech’s Paul Johnson in charge. If he could do that at Navy, a team with few real D-I talents, the guy really can coach.

Dennis Dodd: Pete Carroll.

Steve Greenberg: Jim Tressel

Bruce Feldman: Pete Carroll

Richard Cirminiello: Florida’s Urban Meyer. You hire a coach because he knows how to win. Meyer has proven that he wins everywhere he goes.

Teddy Greenstein: Pete Carroll

================================================== ====

Yep, that's what happens when you lose four straight BCS Bowls. Regardless, I would take Bob any day over anybody else in America.

BOOMER

sooner59
7/18/2008, 10:04 PM
They are taking a "what have you done for me lately" approach it seems.

Collier11
7/18/2008, 10:36 PM
Why wouldnt they? Conf titles dont matter to the media cus if they boost those up rather than BCS wins they lose ratings

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/19/2008, 12:55 AM
They are taking a "what have you done for me lately" approach it seems.

why wouldnt you? Conf titles dont matter to the media cus if they boost those up rather than BCS wins they lose ratings

So why is Jim Tressel on here again?

OUTromBoNado
7/19/2008, 01:41 AM
So why is Jim Tressel on here again?

Because he's made it to the BCS title game the last two years. People said the same thing when we lost to LSU and SUCC. Let tOSU play non-BCS bowls for the next two or three years and Tressel will drop off the radar, too.

As far as this goes for Bob, I think it's good. I'd rather it be like 2000 again, or 2006 with Paul Thompson. They never see us coming.

Flagstaffsooner
7/19/2008, 03:39 AM
They never see us coming.
Yup.
http://www.medaloffreedom.com/HelenKellerOscar.gif

Collier11
7/19/2008, 11:31 AM
were like the hand up mona lisa's skirt ;)

swardboy
7/19/2008, 12:09 PM
I just hope in February everyone on here is bitchin' about how Bob is rumored for every NFL opening.....

ratedrsuperstar
7/20/2008, 09:36 PM
he can win the big game again before NFL or other college teams will come calling for his services. Teams that would be happy with conference titles know that they can't talk him away from Oklahoma or can't afford him.

He hasn't won a bowl game that counted for much since 2000 and that year he beat a FSU team that was starting their decline to being a average team. FSU also had some kids suspended if I remember correctly, one was Peter Warrick and that hurt the Seminole's offense big time.

I like Coach Stoops heading up our team, but our last couple of Fiesta Bowl showings have left a lot to be desired !

OUTromBoNado
7/21/2008, 12:42 AM
Please people, let's refrain from feeding the troll on this one.

Van Wilder
7/21/2008, 10:06 AM
he can win the big game again before NFL or other college teams will come calling for his services. Teams that would be happy with conference titles know that they can't talk him away from Oklahoma or can't afford him.

He hasn't won a bowl game that counted for much since 2000 and that year he beat a FSU team that was starting their decline to being a average team. FSU also had some kids suspended if I remember correctly, one was Peter Warrick and that hurt the Seminole's offense big time.

I like Coach Stoops heading up our team, but our last couple of Fiesta Bowl showings have left a lot to be desired !

I'm sorry i can't help myself. Peter Warrick was already gone do some research. It was Snoop Minnis. Does he even play FB anymore? Dont forget one of the wide receivers they had that ACTUALLY played was Anquan Boldin. Snoop who?

MiccoMacey
7/21/2008, 10:49 AM

Wow...way to be really, really wrong on your first post. That takes balls.

I believe the 2000 FSU team was one of the better offensive teams ever in college football. And were trying to repeat...wait for it...as National Champions. They were loaded with seniors, including the Heisman trophy winner.

The following years, they went into mediocrity. But not 2000. OU beat a darn good FSU team.

And as already pointed out it was Minnis and not Warrick.

And we beat then-ranked number one Missouri in the nation in 2007. Is that big enough for you?

Don't lose sight of what's been accomplished because of two bad bowl games.

Animal Mother
7/21/2008, 03:15 PM

"Flush out your headgear new guy!!!"

Animal Mother
Full Metal Jacket