PDA

View Full Version : Non-Ou games that excite you this year?

Collier11
7/18/2008, 12:54 PM
Im sure there are others but these really stand out to me

usuc and ohio state-Here is hoping that osu gets drilled
Clemson and Bama-will clemson finally deliver or will Saban get things rolling
Tech and ut-Can Leach finally beat Mack and the boys
Appalachain State at Lsu-wouldnt this be a hell of an upset
Illinois-mizzou-I cant lie, I love Ron Zook. Lets go Illini
Wvirginia-Colorado-Im going for Cu, I want our Big 12 title opponent to have a good record like last yr
Uga-ariz st-One natl title contender done probably
Auburn-wvu-what a late season game
A&M-UT- can the ags get them 3 straight yrs?
Neb-va tech-what a game, are the Blackshirts back?

Scott D
7/18/2008, 01:12 PM
Hawaii@Boise State. Wanna see which whining pretender thinks they're big boy material ;)

BevoAssassin
7/18/2008, 01:15 PM
I would love to see the asu upset over lsu. i'm excited about the usuc-ohio state game, but at the same time it almost depresses me because i know someone has to win

JLEW1818
7/18/2008, 01:25 PM
I'm really big on WV vs. Auburn, you cant beat that for a thursday night game.

JLEW1818
7/18/2008, 01:27 PM
Im sure there are others but these really stand out to me

usuc and ohio state-Here is hoping that osu gets drilled
Clemson and Bama-will clemson finally deliver or will Saban get things rolling
Tech and ut-Can Leach finally beat Mack and the boys
Appalachain State at Lsu-wouldnt this be a hell of an upset
Illinois-mizzou-I cant lie, I love Ron Zook. Lets go Illini
Wvirginia-Colorado-Im going for Cu, I want our Big 12 title opponent to have a good record like last yr
Uga-ariz st-One natl title contender done probably
Auburn-wvu-what a late season game
A&M-UT- can the ags get them 3 straight yrs?
Neb-va tech-what a game, are the Blackshirts back?

My picks.
usc
Clemson
tech
lsu
mizzo
colorado
asu
auburn
ut
neb

sorry for double post.

Flagstaffsooner
7/18/2008, 01:39 PM
Any game where nd gets their peckers beaten like an altar boy in a confessional both.

PLaw
7/18/2008, 02:21 PM
FLORIDA - UGA should be a war
Nebbish - Missery will gauge Bo's immediate impact
LoSUr - Bama year 2

At this point, nothing in the Big 11 or Acc is worth getting excited about other than the non-conference games noted above.

BOOMER!

IronHorseSooner
7/18/2008, 02:41 PM
South FLA @ WVU. The Bulls have a two game streak against them. By that time, Pat White will have probably got injured again.
SUC @ UCLA. Will Norm Chow be the demise of Petey?
Wisky v. tOSU. Highlight this. Camp Randall is the College Station of the Big 10/11.
Illinois v. tOSU. Remember, it was Juice Williams who was the star against the Luckeyes last year. He's back, and the game is in Champaign.
Tulsa v. Arky. If the Golden Hurricane wins this against their neighbors, they might go undefeated. Hogs fans will then want to impale "the man with no allegiances" aka Petrino.
The three game series between LoSUr, FLA, and the Dawgs. Look for them to cancel each other out.

JLEW1818
7/18/2008, 02:45 PM
The three game series between LoSUr, FLA, and the Dawgs. Look for them to cancel each other out.[/QUOTE]

Advantage- sooners.

soonermix
7/18/2008, 02:45 PM
at this point in the summer i am excited about any games played

JLEW1818
7/18/2008, 02:47 PM
I would have to agree even if it was Prairie View A&M vs Texas Southern.

BillyBall
7/18/2008, 03:08 PM
Texas A&M @ New Mexico has trap game written all over it.

New Mexico beat Tech at home in 2005.

soonerhillbilly
7/18/2008, 04:00 PM
Being stuck in Hogville, I like the Tulsa-Ark game as well, and the Ole Miss -Ark Game. Malzon offense over Ark, would be a nice slap in the face. Might be why everyone split, Nutt,White & Broyles.

Sooner24
7/18/2008, 05:54 PM
I didn't know anyone else played football besides OU. :confused:

Collier11
7/18/2008, 05:59 PM
I didn't know anyone else played football besides OU. :confused:

They play, just not that well!

soonerfan28
7/18/2008, 06:20 PM
I would have to say USC-Ohio St and I pray that Ohio St gets beat because I'm sure that USC will lose one that they shouldn't and that can only help us move up to #1.

Salt City Sooner
7/18/2008, 06:30 PM
Big 12:

WVU @ CU- Unfortunately, we've seen firsthand how CU can jump up & bite an opponent @ Folsom

KSU @ Louisville- No Brohm = wouldn't surprise me if KSU stole one on the road. Depends on how the mass influx of JUCO's pans out.

Miami @ A&M- OU opponent this year vs. OU opponent next year

KU @ South Florida- 1st chance for this years' Hawks to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

Houston vs. OSU- methinks the scoreboard is gonna get a major workout in this one. It'll be interesting to see the Fighting Sumlins in their first year.

CU @ FSU- the return game for last year's 10 point 'nole win.

Big 10:

Utah @ Michigan- 1st game of the year for both teams, & with UM's offense undergoing massive change, this could be closer than one might think.

Wisconsin @ Fresno St.- is it just me or does this have upset wrote all over it? Gotta hand it to Hill, he'll play anyone.

Pac-10:

Boise St. @ Oregon- see Houston vs. OSU

Tennessee @ UCLA- you'd think UT should win this one, but depending on how (or if) UCLA's QB sitiuation works out, I could see the Neuheisel/Chow combo coming up with a few surprises for the Vols.

BYU @ Washington- this is the week before OU goes to UW, so we should get a good idea of what to expect. BYU should be pretty darn good this year. As a side note, UW's OOC slate is BYU, OU & Notre Dame. Anyone else think that Ty would like to kick his AD's butt? At least they're all at home.

JLEW1818
7/18/2008, 08:17 PM
I would have to say USC-Ohio St and I pray that Ohio St gets beat because I'm sure that USC will lose one that they shouldn't and that can only help us move up to #1.

Very true USC has a better chance to lose a conference game.

Sam Bradford
7/18/2008, 11:11 PM
Very true USC has a better chance to lose a conference game.

we are already ranked above USC preseason

JLEW1818
7/19/2008, 04:24 AM
we are already ranked above USC preseason

It does not matter. If they beat tosu it does not matter. They go ahead of us. Sad but true.

LSUdeek
7/20/2008, 03:23 PM
I would truly be surprised if ASU came in and scored a touchdown.

They already came to BR in 2005, the first year of 3 consecutive I-AA NC's for them. Final score????

24-0 LSU.

Trust me, Lester will have the boys ready for this one.

Dan Thompson
7/20/2008, 06:30 PM
Boise St @ Oregon, I hope they both lose, however, Oregon is at home with the PAC 10 zebra shirts.

PDXsooner
7/21/2008, 12:27 AM
georgia plays at arizona state on sep. 20th. should be a very good game. it's the first time georgia has played on the road in a non-conf game in like ten years. put your money on the sun devils on this one. early upset.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/21/2008, 12:50 AM
Any game where nd gets their peckers beaten like an altar boy in a confessional both.Ya beat me to it. I always like the domer-suc matchup, especially in Los Angeles.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/21/2008, 12:56 AM
georgia plays at arizona state on sep. 20th. should be a very good game. it's the first time georgia has played on the road in a non-conf game in like ten years. put your money on the sun devils on this one. early upset.I like the ASU coach. I also like to see SEC teams bite the dust. Go Devils!

Salt City Sooner
7/21/2008, 01:19 AM
georgia plays at arizona state on sep. 20th. should be a very good game. it's the first time georgia has played on the road in a non-conf game in like ten years. put your money on the sun devils on this one. early upset.
Interesting fact about this one: It's also the first time UGA has played a regular season OOC game west of the Mississippi River since ( & no, this is not a typo) a 1960 matchup @ USC, & the first time they've left the southeast region at all for an OOC since a 1965 trip to Ann Arbor to play the Wolverines.

OU_Sooners75
7/21/2008, 02:43 AM
Tennessee vs. UCLA - Fat @ss Snitch vs. Known Cheat
Kansas vs. South Florida - First True test for 2008 for the Fightin Manginos
Virginia Tech vs. Nebraska - well, this will give us a good gauge of how Nebraska responds to a new coach.

Scott D
7/21/2008, 06:04 AM
I like the ASU coach. I also like to see SEC teams bite the dust. Go Devils!

the question should be how soon until Erickson gets ASU put on probation. Will it be before or after Neuheisal gets UCLA on probation.

illinisooner
7/21/2008, 11:01 AM
Interesting fact about this one: It's also the first time UGA has played a regular season OOC game west of the Mississippi River since ( & no, this is not a typo) a 1960 matchup @ USC, & the first time they've left the southeast region at all for an OOC since a 1965 trip to Ann Arbor to play the Wolverines.

That's really bizarre, and don't forget they go to mighty Stillwater in 2009!