PDA

View Full Version : Iffen you're waffling about gettin an iPhone, read this...(only if you love music)

Lott's Bandana
7/18/2008, 10:48 AM
Pulling this from my post on another thread:

I downloaded a new app for my iPhone (1G).

It is free and is called Shazam.

Here's the deal...

If you hear a song you don't know and want the title, artist, etc...push a button on the iPhone screen in Shazam and hold the phone up to the speaker. Within less than :20 seconds, the title, artist, album, producer, etc, will show up on your phone with a link to iTunes to download the song.

Apparently Shazam sends the clip it hears to iTunes which in turn identifies the song and presents it to your phone. Of course, the limitation seems to be the song has to be part of iTunes catalog, but not much of a limitation m'thinks. Also, I'm thinking this only works when linked to Wi-Fi.

I tried it with Jefferson Airplane's - Somebody To Love and my phone nailed it!
Soooo, I then went a diff direction and tried another. It got Coltrane's - Greensleeves with no effort at all.

Just so damm cool and just the first app I've downloaded with the new 2.0 update.

iPhone
Get one.

SteelCitySooner
7/18/2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah thats pretty cool. I tried using shazam in a crowded, busy, and loud coffee shop yesterday and it nailed the song. Pretty impressive!

Sooner_Havok
7/18/2008, 02:29 PM
Is this the icon?

http://www.shaqattaq.net/images/kazaam12.jpg