PDA

View Full Version : English named Defense POY for preseason

Blitzkrieg
7/17/2008, 04:22 PM
Not bad for guy that misssed 1/4 of league games with an injury.

BTw, he was a little known three star player for you recruitniks out there. Good work coach Smitty and coach Wilson.

JLEW1818
7/17/2008, 04:31 PM
dudes a beast.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/17/2008, 04:34 PM
Not bad for guy that misssed 1/4 of league games with an injury.

BTw, he was a little known three star player for you recruitniks out there. Good work coach Smitty and coach Wilson.

FWIW, so was Sam Bradford. That's why stars don't mean a whole lot to me.

S008NER
7/20/2008, 04:17 PM
If he can live up to last season’s accomplishments, I truly think he will be a Lombardi finalist at the end of the season. He was dominating with a quick first step, speed to run down plays from behind, in addition to strength to overpower blockers.

tulsaoilerfan
7/20/2008, 04:40 PM
English has a non stop motor; if he stays healthy, i predict 15 sacks for him this year

Blitzkrieg
7/20/2008, 08:17 PM
ESPNs big 12 blog just said the okra-whoever for texas will lead tyhe league in sacks. He will be easier to double team than English will be, otherwise you will have to single block granger, Mccoy, and Beal. I'll let he whorn win the category, as long as our O-line has the scalps at the end of the season.

NormanPride
7/21/2008, 10:17 AM
We also have a line that can afford to not doubleteam studs all the time. We can scheme a bit more rather than just throwing bodies and pulling in more blockers to keep the QB safe.