PDA

View Full Version : HEY! Wha happened to Mike's Financial Institution Thread?

TexasLidig8r
7/17/2008, 03:29 PM
Did the one hour demand work?

dammit.. I knew I should have demanded attorney's fees as well.

Oh well.. now I can bill that institution for a job well done. :)

Frozen Sooner
7/17/2008, 03:33 PM
Did the one hour demand work?

dammit.. I knew I should have demanded attorney's fees as well.

Oh well.. now I can bill that institution for a job well done. :)

On advice of counsel, I have removed the offending posts.

This is no way is an admission of any wrongdoing on the part of Mike Rich.

StoopTroup
7/17/2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.prosperity-shelter.com/images/max_ambulance.gif

Chuck Bao
7/17/2008, 03:56 PM
So much for transparency of the US stock market.

Why is it a concern about bank runs when depositors' funds are guaranteed by the US government?

Shareholders in these banks stand to lose everything.

The big wigs get the message and they can sell out. The small investors are left holding worthless shares and that is justified on the basis of fear of depositors' panic?

Let's not pretend that it is any thing other than shell game.

Or, we could make it a drinking game out of it. Down a shot when your bank / broker / mutual fund shares fall 10%. Down two drinks on each subsequent 10% fall. If there is a media reported rumor of a default, redemptions, bank run, you can down the whole bottle.

Cheers!

Hamhock
7/17/2008, 03:57 PM
Why is it a concern about bank runs when depositors' funds are guaranteed by the US government?

i have no idea.

tommieharris91
7/17/2008, 04:01 PM
Or, we could make it a drinking game out of it. Down a shot when your bank / broker / mutual fund shares fall 10%. Down two drinks on each subsequent 10% fall. If there is a media reported rumor of a default, redemptions, bank run, you can down the whole bottle.

Cheers!

I thought everyone played this game when your portfolio was doin' ****ty. :confused:

royalfan5
7/17/2008, 04:03 PM
So much for transparency of the US stock market.

Shareholders in these banks stand to lose everything.

The big wigs get the message and they can sell out. The small investors are left holding worthless shares and that is justified on the basis of fear of depositors' panic?

Let's not pretend that it is any thing other than shell game.

Cheers!
Because people don't think like that. A funny story on that note, back in the depth of the 80's farm crisis, my Great Grandmother head the local bank was folding, so she went in and took her safety deposit box. (Not the contents mind you, the whole box) The bank doesn't fold, so a few days later she tried to take the box back to the bank. Hilarity ensued. Apparently, banks don't know what to do with little old ladies trying to bring back a safety deposit box.

SoonerStormchaser
7/17/2008, 06:35 PM
Glad i'm not investing my vCash in my vStockMarket...

Okla-homey
7/17/2008, 06:48 PM
On advice of counsel, I have removed the offending posts.

This is no way is an admission of any wrongdoing on the part of Mike Rich.

That's not the way you do it. You refer the question to your counsel or better yet, ignore it and don't say nuttin'. <Sheesh>;)

r5TPsooner
7/17/2008, 06:49 PM
Mike, was my guess close?

tommieharris91
7/17/2008, 07:22 PM
Mike, was my guess close?

Apparently you didn't read the thread.

r5TPsooner
7/17/2008, 07:25 PM
Apparently you didn't read the thread.

I read the 1st 4-5 posts then when I came back it was gone.

Enlighten me oh great one.

Curly Bill
7/17/2008, 07:26 PM
You guys better quit associating with Mike, he's going down for insider trading.

Just sayin