PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who know stuff about the internet

batonrougesooner
7/17/2008, 10:12 AM
How do I create a website? For instance, a website to show my home I'm selling. Pictures, info etc.

Much appreiciated.

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 10:17 AM
How do I create a website? For instance, a website to show my home I'm selling. Pictures, info etc.

Much appreiciated.

First you need a place to put it. Then you do the web pages, which in the most simple case are just HTML files. An HTML file is just a text file that has what you want to say along with markup tags to show how you want it structured and formatted (rather like a SF post). There is software that makes the design/coding process easier. Dreamweaver is probably the best, but it is spendy. You can do it in MS Word or Powerpoint, but you shouldn't. No, really, do not use MS products to make HTML.

For your web site to do you any good, people need to see it. Are you talking about making one from scratch or using a realtor's web site?

SoonerInKCMO
7/17/2008, 10:21 AM
I'm assuming you're selling the house yourself since you're asking about putting together the website yourself... Have you checked out the listing packages on forsalebyowner.com?