PDA

View Full Version : Irreparable Fissure?

Okla-homey
7/17/2008, 07:46 AM
Has anyone noticed that greenies and warmists don't want any new drilling? Most likely because they simply want less oil use, which, BTW, is a worthy goal. OTOH, most everyone else wants more drilling because they have to get to work in the morning. Can these two opposing positions be reconciled? Are the positions mutually exclusive?

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 07:59 AM
Are the positions mutually exclusive?

Yes. You don't cure an addicition by making it easier to shoot up. We'll suck up any new supplies faster than they get them out of the ground. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Okla-homey
7/17/2008, 08:22 AM
Yes. You don't cure an addicition by making it easier to shoot up. We'll suck up any new supplies faster than they get them out of the ground. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

IMHO, if American car makers don't get with the flippin' program and start building fuel efficient vehicles, they'll all be in Chapter 11 by the end of the decade.

yermom
7/17/2008, 08:25 AM
less driving means less need for a new car

they are in trouble :D

it seems like a lot of them are dusting off their shelved electric car concepts now though ;)

Okla-homey
7/17/2008, 08:29 AM
less driving means less need for a new car

they are in trouble :D

it seems like a lot of them are dusting off their shelved electric car concepts now though ;)

we used to see a lot of LP run pick-ups in Oklahoma in the late 70's thru the mid-80's. Not so anymore. I hear a pick-up can be converted to LP nowadays for about $3K and that conversion will result in an substantial increase in efficiency. Not to mention you can re-fuel at home from your LP tank out in the yard.

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 08:32 AM
IMHO, if American car makers don't get with the flippin' program and start building fuel efficient vehicles, they'll all be in Chapter 11 by the end of the decade.

Only if oil prices stay up. That's why I voted "mutually exclusive".

IF Congress lifts the drilling ban, and IF Pres. Obama doesn't unlift it, and IF the drilling companies actually get around to drilling in all these new places, and IF they actually find oil there, and IF it's a signficant amount to lower oil prices significantly....

[fade from black onto a new yet familiar-looking shape charging through the surf on an isolated beach]

GM DIDN'T WANT IT, BUT YOU DO. SO WE BROUGHT IT BACK. THE ALL NEW AND EVEN MORE KICKASS 2015 FORD HUMMER.

EPA estimated 9/11 MPG. Your mileage may vary.

SoonerInKCMO
7/17/2008, 08:32 AM
LP tank in the yard? Now, that's hillbilly.

OklahomaTuba
7/17/2008, 08:56 AM
Ethanol!!!

Oh, wait, nm.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/17/2008, 09:08 AM
Soylent Green!

Okla-homey
7/17/2008, 09:30 AM
LP tank in the yard? Now, that's hillbilly.

Oh come on. I bet just about every native Okie alive today over the age of thirty had a meemaw or uncle who had big silver sausage-shaped LP tank out in the yard.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/17/2008, 09:35 AM
I used to ride mine like a horse when I was a kid.

I was a bullrider, the pony express, mounted cavalry, oh hell, if it was ever on a horse, I probably pretended it was me riding on the propane tank like a retard.

SoonerInKCMO
7/17/2008, 09:39 AM
Oh come on. I bet just about every native Okie alive today over the age of thirty had a meemaw or uncle who had big silver sausage-shaped LP tank out in the yard.

Not me; we're city folk. :)

Okla-homey
7/17/2008, 09:45 AM
Not me; we're city folk. :)

you had no country cousins? How did you learn to kiss, smoke, dip or first see a gal's howyadoin?

yermom
7/17/2008, 09:53 AM
with your cousin? :eek:

Tulsa_Fireman
7/17/2008, 09:57 AM
That's hawt.

Okla-homey
7/17/2008, 10:11 AM
with your cousin? :eek:

Ain't you ever heard of "kissin' cousins?" (a/k/a thirds -- or if you're from Durant, seconds)

yermom
7/17/2008, 10:13 AM
just cause it's legal don't make it right :D

SoonerInKCMO
7/17/2008, 10:17 AM
you had no country cousins? How did you learn to kiss, smoke, dip or first see a gal's howyadoin?

I have cousins from a small town - but they all lived in town and on the town's natural gas network. Nobody in my family lives in the actual 'country'.

And all my cousins except the one born when I was 15 are dudes... so no learnin' to kiss from them. ;)

SoonerInKCMO
7/17/2008, 10:18 AM
Ooh - I forgot about a country uncle in Georgia... but I haven't been to his place. He's kinda like Olevet - got drunk while in 'Nam and hasn't sobered up yet. ;)

tommieharris91
7/17/2008, 11:05 AM
IMHO, if American car makers don't get with the flippin' program and start building fuel efficient vehicles, they'll all be in Chapter 11 by the end of the year.

Fixed.

Pricetag
7/17/2008, 11:12 AM
I used to ride mine like a horse when I was a kid.

I was a bullrider, the pony express, mounted cavalry, oh hell, if it was ever on a horse, I probably pretended it was me riding on the propane tank like a retard.
Dude, you never made the submarine connection? The one at my grandpa's house was a submarine to my brother and I.

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 11:12 AM
IMHO, if American car makers don't get with the flippin' program and start building cars that don't suck in general, they'll all be in Chapter 11 by the end of the year.

Fixed for real.

I drove a Suburban a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it wasn't the top-of-line model, and it was a 2000 model I think, but what the craphell is this nonsense? There were 7 radio presets, but only 4 preset buttons (#1, #3, #5, #7). To get preset #2, for example, you had to press buttons #1 and #3 at the same time. Are you kidding me? Give me a break. Skimping on plastic buttons on a vehicle that costs $30,000+.

StoopTroup
7/17/2008, 11:19 AM
I think we should shut everything down except for our Military.

We'll start the draft and once Barrack is President we'll stop this term limit stuff and just keep him in charge until things start to smooth out.

Oh...

It will be legal to grow pot in your garden and you can eat any animal you shoot. Better keep your pets inside btw. :D

tommieharris91
7/17/2008, 11:23 AM
How can you shoot an animal without a gun? Won't Comrade Obama take your guns away?

StoopTroup
7/17/2008, 11:54 AM
He can't take away my brain....

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/hello-stranger-bow-arrow.jpg

tommieharris91
7/17/2008, 12:32 PM
Well this thread just gained value...