PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen this before?

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 12:37 AM
Road sign in a construction zone:

BLASTING ZONE

PLEASE TURN OFF PHONES AND TWO-WAY RADIOS

:eek:

Frozen Sooner
7/17/2008, 12:40 AM
Yep.

Out in front of a WaMu branch. ;)

But seriously, I have seen that. Usually on the drive from Anchorage to Girdwood-there's a bunch of fjords that you have to drive around, and they're prime avalanche area, so they do planned blasting a lot.

StoopTroup
7/17/2008, 12:41 AM
Yep.

I saw a whole Oklahoma Mountain go up in the air and then back down to earth. Right after the blast they came in with huge equipment and moved a path through the Highway so Traffic could pass through.

It was very freaky.

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 12:49 AM
But seriously, I have seen that. Usually on the drive from Anchorage to Girdwood-there's a bunch of fjords that you have to drive around, and they're prime avalanche area, so they do planned blasting a lot.

Do you turn off your phone? I saw that today and was bemused/startled enough to take it seriously, but I doubt that anybody else around me did.

Frozen Sooner
7/17/2008, 12:51 AM
I can't recall seeing it at any time I had my phone on me, truthfully. I don't take my phone skiing. :D

Harry Beanbag
7/17/2008, 07:26 AM
I've seen signs like that along mountain highways years ago. They didn't have the cell phone phrase that I recall.

Osce0la
7/17/2008, 07:40 AM
I saw one yesterday on I-65 going towards Birmingham. They are doing a ton of road work getting ready to have the new interstate finished.

I left my cell on :O

TheHumanAlphabet
7/17/2008, 02:20 PM
Stray electrical and RF signals can ruin your day when working with 'splosives...