PDA

View Full Version : Dear Tulsa,

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 12:01 AM
You call those hills and trees and that a river?

http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Sincerely, Pittsburgh

StoopTroup
7/17/2008, 12:04 AM
Post Reported. :D ;)

Boomer.....
7/17/2008, 07:16 AM
At least we have nice weather. :P

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 07:20 AM
At least we have nice weather. :P

Get back to us in August.

Best wishes, Pgh

Tulsa_Fireman
7/17/2008, 08:59 AM
HILLS and trees.

Not Mount Washington and trees.

Besides, Pittsburgh smells like sulphur and bum asses, and the girls look like crackwhores. Your namesake beer sucks man-nuts and your "rivers" are a sickening wash of rust belt vomit, drunken regatta waste, and ****.

Carnegie should've reconsidered.

And the Steelers are ghey. But that's subjective, so take that as you will.

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 09:07 AM
And the Steelers are ghey. But that's subjective, so take that as you will.

Possibly. I don't think they realize that Tony Dorsett was a Cowboy; there's a street named after him near Heinz Field. :confused:

SteelCitySooner
7/17/2008, 11:47 AM
Thats cause we killed Dorsett everytime he stepped on three rivers ;)

StoopTroup
7/17/2008, 11:51 AM
I have met some folks from Pittsburgh and Philadelphia...

Matter of fact...quite a few of them.

I'd rather be on a Dean Cruise with folks from Boston than either of those two cities.

I'd probably jump ship at the first port and fly Home.

badger
7/17/2008, 11:58 AM
You call those hills and trees and that a river?

http://op-for.com/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Sincerely, Pittsburgh

I call this a tree.
http://kaypoh.com/pixelpost/thumbnails/thumb_20060102011359_tree-finger01.jpg

;)

pergdaddy
7/17/2008, 12:13 PM
klatt,

Dorsett played for Pitt.

SteelCitySooner
7/17/2008, 12:13 PM
whoa.. first off, comparing Pittsburgh and Philly is comparing apples and oranges. two totally different cities, cultures, and people. Not even in the same ballpark and hard to believe they are even in the same state..

I have lived here for about 10 years..and I got to say it ain't all that bad. I'd leave the winters and the Iron City beer though anytime. The people in Pittsburgh are very blue collar and down to earth. Even the people in the now high tech and healthcare industry that Pittsburgh is more known for these days, they momma's and daddy's worked in the steel mill so the blue collar culture is still here.

And it hasn't smelled like sulphur for at least 20 or 30 years since the mills went away.. Unless you'r up the *** of those crackwhores.. ;)

Now don't get me wrong..there's a hell of a lot of other places I'd rather live if I could get the same lifestyle I have here. Great high paying jobs here, low cost of living, and Steeler football. It isn't all that bad.

birddog
7/17/2008, 12:14 PM
klatt,

Dorsett played for Pitt.

university.

pergdaddy
7/17/2008, 12:24 PM
yes. Since Pitt uses Heinz currently, probably has a lot to do with why the street is there.

mdklatt
7/17/2008, 12:28 PM
klatt,

Dorsett played for Pitt.

There ain't no Crag James Blvd near Texas Stadium. :pop: :D

SteelCitySooner
7/17/2008, 04:06 PM
yes. Since Pitt uses Heinz currently, probably has a lot to do with why the street is there.

Doesn't everyone use Heinz? That Hunts stuff is nasty..

CORNholio
7/17/2008, 05:01 PM
For all the talk about hills and trees from the Tulsa people they have nothing on southeast OK.

Ouachitas
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/116/312638610_05fdcdb5ff_b.jpg

BigRedJed
7/17/2008, 05:44 PM
That ride is awesome on a scooter. 'Cept the Harley dudes screw it up. They're on your *** on the straightaway hills, but can't corner to save their lives, so they bunch up and go all grandma anytime you get into a curve.

Lott's Bandana
7/17/2008, 06:06 PM
That ride is awesome on a scooter. 'Cept the Harley dudes screw it up. They're on your *** on the straightaway hills, but can't corner to save their lives, so they bunch up and go all grandma anytime you get into a curve.

I just bought a scooter....thanks for the tip Jed.

October rules. Pittsburgh, Tulsa, Broken Bow...wherever.

Whet
7/17/2008, 06:22 PM
whoa.. first off, comparing Pittsburgh and Philly is comparing apples and oranges. two totally different cities, cultures, and people. Not even in the same ballpark and hard to believe they are even in the same state..

I have lived here for about 10 years..and I got to say it ain't all that bad. I'd leave the winters and the Iron City beer though anytime. The people in Pittsburgh are very blue collar and down to earth. Even the people in the now high tech and healthcare industry that Pittsburgh is more known for these days, they momma's and daddy's worked in the steel mill so the blue collar culture is still here.

And it hasn't smelled like sulphur for at least 20 or 30 years since the mills went away.. Unless you'r up the *** of those crackwhores.. ;)

Now don't get me wrong..there's a hell of a lot of other places I'd rather live if I could get the same lifestyle I have here. Great high paying jobs here, low cost of living, and Steeler football. It isn't all that bad.

AND Kennywood!!

picasso
7/18/2008, 09:14 AM
I've heard Pittsburgh is really nice. I have a bro in law from Erie. that place? not so nice.

mdklatt
7/18/2008, 09:15 AM
I've heard Pittsburgh is really nice.

Just make sure you have good directions before you try driving anywhere. Holy hell.

picasso
7/18/2008, 09:17 AM
yes, I heard exactly that. you can see the street you need to be on but can't get there.

mdklatt
7/18/2008, 09:31 AM
yes, I heard exactly that. you can see the street you need to be on but can't get there.

Yes, because there's probably a mountain or a big friggin' river in the way. Street signs must be considered a luxury around here. There is only one route to get from any one place to another, so you better somehow know what that is before you set out because there is definitely no winging it. None of the road go in a straight line. Even the ones that are in a relatively flat area are curvy just for consistency's sake. A street map is of dubious value because you never know which direction you're headed. I now know what the worst job in the world is: being the dude at Garmin who has to program the driving directions for this area. Grids are a good thing.

SteelCitySooner
7/18/2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, because there's probably a mountain or a big friggin' river in the way. Street signs must be considered a luxury around here. There is only one route to get from any one place to another, so you better somehow know what that is before you set out because there is definitely no winging it. None of the road go in a straight line. Even the ones that are in a relatively flat area are curvy just for consistency's sake. A street map is of dubious value because you never know which direction you're headed. I now know what the worst job in the world is: being the dude at Garmin who has to program the driving directions for this area. Grids are a good thing.

lol..Welcome to Pittsburgh. I still get lost and I've been here 10 years and have gps in my car.. :confused: And i still don't get those yellow belt, blue belt, green belt things that supposed to help..

So you in town temporarily or what? For the job?

SoonerInKCMO
7/18/2008, 01:40 PM
So... Pittsburgh vs. Boston - which is more difficult to navigate? Cuz if it wasn't on the Freedom Trail, I couldn't find it in Boston.

Boarder
7/18/2008, 01:48 PM
For all the talk about hills and trees from the Tulsa people they have nothing on southeast OK.

Ouachitas
(Big Picture)

Yeah, but they do have electricity and indoor plumbing. :gary: