PDA

View Full Version : Batman: The Dark Knight

r5TPsooner
7/16/2008, 10:35 PM
I'm gonna see it as soon as I can bend my leg again and sit in a chair with little pain. I hate to sound like a geek, but I'm very excited about this movie and the Joker played by Heath Ledger just looks eerie.

Oh yeah, vote away.

royalfan5
7/16/2008, 10:38 PM
I actually have some free time this weekend. I might try and do a Hellboy 2 and Batman afternoon on Sunday after Church.

reevie
7/17/2008, 06:38 AM
I'm pretty geeked up about it

Boomer.....
7/17/2008, 07:14 AM
IMAX on Saturday.

:D

Hot Rod
7/17/2008, 07:22 AM
A friend had an extra ticket to the midnight showing tonight @ Warren. I got to take advantage.

pergdaddy
7/17/2008, 07:31 AM
Got my ticket for tonight at midnight here in good ole St. Clairsville, Ohio.

By all accounts, this movie is going to rawk!!!!!!!

Osce0la
7/17/2008, 07:37 AM
IN!

soonermix
7/17/2008, 08:58 AM
gonna try to get a midnight ticket then its on like donkey kong

silverwheels
7/17/2008, 10:52 AM
iMAX next Thursday.

BillyBall
7/17/2008, 11:06 AM
First movie I'm looking forward to going to see since No Country for Old Men.

KC//CRIMSON
7/17/2008, 11:09 AM
Curly Bill, olevetonahill, SoonerBOI, SoonerStormchaser, StoopTroup, Tiptonsooner, tommieharris91, Tulsa_Fireman

losers.

r5TPsooner
7/17/2008, 12:19 PM

I just watched No Country For Old men the other evening and thought it sucked. Very boring and if not for the villain in the movie, I would have turned it off after an hour.

Very disappointed in that movie all away around.

soonerbrat
7/17/2008, 12:43 PM
going this weekend

KC//CRIMSON
7/17/2008, 01:23 PM
I just watched No Country For Old men the other evening and thought it sucked. Very boring and if not for the villain in the movie, I would have turned it off after an hour.

Very disappointed in that movie all away around.

fail.

sooneron
7/17/2008, 01:59 PM
double fail

shaun4411
7/17/2008, 02:06 PM
i have a strong feeling that this movie will break boxoffice records. like, it'll blow away titanic and make it look like a pontoon boat.

sooneron
7/17/2008, 02:08 PM
In

pergdaddy
7/17/2008, 02:13 PM
It will not even come close to Titanic. Which is a shame.

Estimates have it at 130-150 million this weekend. Possibly looking at 350-400 domestically. I'd love to see it hit 500 million domestically.

silverwheels
7/17/2008, 02:23 PM
Triple fail on r5TP's part. Better yet, make it like a septuple fail.

shaun4411
7/17/2008, 02:29 PM
well, it depends on how much the word of mouth spreads. it is sold out completely in many theaters. the warren's balcony seating is sold out from midnight tonight, up until monday evening.

agree with the septuple fail. shame on you 5tp

C&CDean
7/17/2008, 02:42 PM
I'll check it out on video - unless all the revues from you geeks come back positive. The only movies I've gone to in the past 4-5 years at the theater are the Harry Potter flicks.

My Opinion Matters
7/17/2008, 06:40 PM
Going to a midnight showing, and then to work at 7 am. Tomorrow will be fail.

olevetonahill
7/17/2008, 06:41 PM
I'll check it out on video - unless all the revues from you geeks come back positive. The only movies I've gone to in the past 4-5 years at the theater are the Harry Potter flicks.

That sounds Ghey
Just sayin

Whet
7/17/2008, 06:46 PM
That sounds Ghey
Just sayin

Sounds"?????

olevetonahill
7/17/2008, 06:48 PM
Sounds"?????

My Bad Bro
That Is Ghey !
Hows that ?

Oldnslo
7/17/2008, 07:11 PM
I saw it last night at the preview hosted by Mix 96's sister station.

It's one of the best films I've seen this year. Or any year.

If Heath doesn't get the Oscar for becoming the Joker, there is no justice. Simply an outstanding film.

It's long... almost 2 1/2 hours. With EVIL plot twists. Outstanding film.

olevetonahill
7/17/2008, 07:13 PM
I saw it last night at the preview hosted by Mix 96's sister station.

It's one of the best films I've seen this year. Or any year.

If Heath doesn't get the Oscar for becoming the Joker, there is no justice. Simply an outstanding film.

It's long... almost 2 1/2 hours. With EVIL plot twists. Outstanding film.

Is it Better than Harry Poter and the Legion Of Ghey ?

Whet
7/17/2008, 09:58 PM
Today, on the way to St. Louis (actually Madison, IL) a flatbed truck passed us and it was carring the Batmobile....

(From the CB) The driver said he was taking it back to California and that it was built in England (there were originally five, but this was the only remaining one left).

It was squatty, not like the original or the ones in the previous Batman movies. It did have the single "jet exhaust" on it....

That and all of the grasshoppers we killed with the windshield were the two highlights of our drive to St. Louis.....

It was about 2PM when we saw the Batmobile, so it should be going through Tulsa about 8 PM and OKC around 9:30, unless the driver stops for the night....

Whet
7/17/2008, 09:59 PM
My Bad Bro
That Is Ghey !
Hows that ?
much better! ;)

def_lazer_fc
7/17/2008, 10:19 PM
i'd go tonight, but i hate people. so im going to catch a late showing next wed or so. :D

looks sick though.

pergdaddy
7/18/2008, 08:02 AM
Absolutely fantastic and great film.

"Let me show you a magic trick." What follows that quote was greatness.

C&CDean
7/18/2008, 08:34 AM
Is it Better than Harry Poter and the Legion Of Ghey ?

Says the old lady with 50 stinkin' cats. Besides, the dead junkies best flick was your all time fave, Brokeback Vet on a Hill er Mountain.

JLEW1818
7/18/2008, 01:50 PM
Can anybody give me more info about the movie.

frankensooner
7/18/2008, 01:52 PM
No maybe button? It looks crappy from the previews, I might go see it, but it will have to be the $5 morning show at AMC.

And I pay full price for Harry Potter flicks, nuff said.

frankensooner
7/18/2008, 01:56 PM
And Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dc.

soonervegas
7/18/2008, 02:24 PM
Let me show you a magic trick is a scene every guy here will appreciate. As soon as I saw it - thought "classic".

I am a batman fan and I come from a somewhat biased opinion, but the film was great. It wasn't perfect, but not many are. If you like the departed you will like this.

In the course of two and a half hours my wife laughed, hid her face in the shoulder because she couldn't watch the screen, cried, and almost jumped two feet out of her seat due to being shock-scared.

It sucks that ledgers death will turn some people off due to the love fest about him....but he is great. This movie is well worth the 9 dollar investment. Something very few movies can claim these days.

JLEW1818
7/18/2008, 02:44 PM
1-10 what does it rank.

soonervegas
7/18/2008, 03:01 PM

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/18/2008, 03:07 PM
I'll check it out on video - unless all the revues from you geeks come back positive. The only movies I've gone to in the past 4-5 years at the theater are the Harry Potter flicks.Bigfish and Apocalypto were the two I paid to see in the last 5 yrs. Both were great!

Boarder
7/18/2008, 03:09 PM
Are there any inappropriate for kids parts?

Boarder
7/18/2008, 03:09 PM
And by that I mean cursing and boobs.

frankensooner
7/18/2008, 03:11 PM
My 6 year old is the only one in my house who wants to see it.

(and he likes cursing and boobs)

C&CDean
7/18/2008, 03:45 PM
Now that I'm thinking about it, how did the 15-second trailer of Half-Blood Prince look?

BigRedJed
7/18/2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for gaying up a perfectly good thread, Dean.

C&CDean
7/18/2008, 03:55 PM
Take a faceplant scooter boy.

BigRedJed
7/18/2008, 04:02 PM
Already did. It was a marked improvement.

Boomer.....
7/18/2008, 04:32 PM
I just watched HBO's inside look at it said that everything was filmed on location in Chicago. Nothing was on a set. Awesome!

MR2-Sooner86
7/18/2008, 05:56 PM
I saw it last night and I must say I'm jumping on the Ledger bandwagon. Ledger's performance was as good as they say it was. He takes the joker character and makes him a truely psychotic killer freak. Imagine Clockwork Orange with circus clowns. With that said, I think it was that character that helps bring the dark mood to the movie.

What else can I say? Action, action, and more action. Stuff blows up, cars flip, lots of fighting, guns blazing, bombs exploding, what more could you want?

As for the length of the movie, yes it is 2 1/2 hours long but it goes by fast. The story has lots of things going on, while not hard to follow, and makes the movie flow very well. Frankly I wish they would have bumped it up to 3 hours but that's just me.

Anyway, I could go on and on but it's hard to do so without revealing too much about the plot and what goes on. To sum it up I'll put it this way.

If you like Batman Begins you'll like The Dark Knight. Love it? Don't know but there will be parts you will find better than the first. This movie is worth the ticket price and if you don't think so...well you should stick to opera.

r5TPsooner
7/18/2008, 06:48 PM
I saw it last night and I must say I'm jumping on the Ledger bandwagon. Ledger's performance was as good as they say it was. He takes the joker character and makes him a truely psychotic killer freak. Imagine Clockwork Orange with circus clowns. With that said, I think it was that character that helps bring the dark mood to the movie.

What else can I say? Action, action, and more action. Stuff blows up, cars flip, lots of fighting, guns blazing, bombs exploding, what more could you want?

As for the length of the movie, yes it is 2 1/2 hours long but it goes by fast. The story has lots of things going on, while not hard to follow, and makes the movie flow very well. Frankly I wish they would have bumped it up to 3 hours but that's just me.

Anyway, I could go on and on but it's hard to do so without revealing too much about the plot and what goes on. To sum it up I'll put it this way.

If you like Batman Begins you'll like The Dark Knight. Love it? Don't know but there will be parts you will find better than the first. This movie is worth the ticket price and if you don't think so...well you should stick to opera.

nice review, thanks.

GottaHavePride
7/18/2008, 07:48 PM
1-10 what does it rank.

This movie is worth the ticket price and if you don't think so...well you should stick to opera.

What, you think just because a guy likes opera he can't start some ****? ;)

Holy. Freaking. CRAP.

I know this is a Batman movie, but it's easily the best all-around movie I've seen in a long time.

Frozen Sooner
7/18/2008, 07:51 PM
I have a good friend who's a big Batman fan. Just really likes the character a lot.

He went to a midnight show and liked it so much that he stood in line again for the 10am show.

GottaHavePride
7/18/2008, 07:54 PM
Sadly, I had to work at 9am this morning. However, they pulled a lot of twists I was NOT expecting.

And Jack Nicholson's Joker was debonaire, almost charming. Heath Ledger's Joker was bat-**** crazy and creepier than Christopher Walken on a bad day.

soonerhubs
7/18/2008, 08:05 PM
This movie put together some great plot twists, Maggie owns Katie, and Heath did so well in his role as did all the other parties involved. The special effects were great along with the film's shots that kept movie moving at a very rapid pace.

The Joker's magic trick was greatness.

reevie
7/18/2008, 08:15 PM
BEST

BATMAN

EVER

Frank Miller is going to walk out of the theater and say, "That is the G@#D@#% Batman"

Sooner24
7/18/2008, 08:31 PM

If the last half of that movie had been as good as the first half it would have been an awesome movie. The last 30 minutes or so didn't do a whole lot for me.

KC//CRIMSON
7/18/2008, 08:43 PM
If the last half of that movie had been as good as the first half it would have been an awesome movie. The last 30 minutes or so didn't do a whole lot for me.

tiny fail.

GottaHavePride
7/18/2008, 08:45 PM
Tiny fail? Isn't that like [insert generic LilSooner joke]? Hahaha [insert kneecaps/shins wisecrack]!

Frozen Sooner
7/18/2008, 08:50 PM
BEST

BATMAN

EVER

Frank Miller is going to walk out of the theater and say, "That is the G@#D@#% Batman"

You know, we're the only two here that'll get this, but...

What are you, a retard?

reevie
7/18/2008, 09:06 PM
What are you, a retard?

No, but Joel Shumacher is.

I want to see what Grant Morrison says about this. I have to think the Nolans had some Morrison influence, especially in terms of developing a plot.

Boarder
7/18/2008, 10:22 PM
Does It Have Boobs Or Cursing?

skycat
7/18/2008, 10:28 PM
No boobs, some pretty good cleavage though.

Don't remember any cursing. But this is way way more dark than the last batman. The Joker is a pretty terrifying dude who does some pretty terrifying stuff.

OUTromBoNado
7/19/2008, 01:31 AM
Just got back from seeing it. All I've got to say is, Iron Man is a pu$$y. (Yes, I thought that movie rocked, too.) I will be shocked out of my mind if Heath Ledger doesn't win an Oscar. He'll get nominated for sure.

If you're thinking of seeing this, do it...but leave the kids at home. It was pretty graphic...not in gore or language, but in darkness and violence. It had a pretty high body count. I could see how this could almost be classified as a borderline horror movie.

Boarder
7/19/2008, 10:37 AM
Pssshhh, violence shmyolence

BillyBall
7/19/2008, 10:54 AM
I just watched HBO's inside look at it said that everything was filmed on location in Chicago. Nothing was on a set. Awesome!

They locked down portions of downtown for months it seemed.

There were a few stunt men that got ****ed up during some scenes driving down lower Wacker (runs underground between East and West Wacker).

Buildings That Will Likely Appear in the Background
123 North Wacker
180 North LaSalle
200 North LaSalle
225 West Wacker
333 West Wacker
LaSalle-Wacker Building
Merchandise Mart
Randolph Tower
Randolph-Wells Building
SBC Building
Skyline Century of Progress
William Rowney Building

soonerinabilene
7/19/2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah, that movie was awesome. Highly recommend. As far as taking the kids, there wasnt really any blood at all, but the joker may be a little scary.

jthomasou78
7/19/2008, 06:32 PM
I thought the moviewas very good. I thought Heath Ledger was very very good. I thought the movie was a bit too long, and the story suffered for it. The first movie was a very believable storyline, this one was at times a little too over the top to be believable. So I think in a way its a bit of a different movie then the first one.

With that being said it is worth 10 dollars to watch Ledger do what he does.

Boarder
7/19/2008, 07:48 PM
It seemed kind of like a movie that happened to have superhero stuff going on, too. I liked it. It wasn't traumatic for my 4 year old at all. The first thing he said when the theater lights came back on was, "that was AWESOME!" I didn't think there was an over amount of violence, didn't seem any more than Hulk or Iron Man. Good movie.

bri
7/19/2008, 09:33 PM
As for the length of the movie, yes it is 2 1/2 hours long but it goes by fast.

No, no it really doesn't.

GottaHavePride
7/19/2008, 09:39 PM
Dark Knight didn't feel NEARLY as long as, say, Gladiator.

It's not so much that it goes by fast, as that it just keeps going. It never falls flat, like a lot of longer movies do.

r5TPsooner
7/19/2008, 09:45 PM

It's not so much that it goes by fast, as that it just keeps going. It never falls flat, like a lot of longer movies do.

If the movie is good then time shouldn't even come into play. People Magazine gave the movie a 5/5 stars and they rarely do that so it must be at least entertaining.

bri
7/19/2008, 09:52 PM

Just because it never falls flat doesn't mean it doesn't drag. You can tell that this was originally meant to be two films, but Nolan decided to just cram 'em together and walk the fine line between "epic" and "bloated".

r5TPsooner
7/19/2008, 09:56 PM
Does Michael Caine have a very big role in the movie or is it pretty small?

bri
7/19/2008, 09:59 PM
It's really small. But Morgan Freeman's is even smaller.

Viking Kitten
7/19/2008, 10:38 PM
It seemed kind of like a movie that happened to have superhero stuff going on, too. I liked it. It wasn't traumatic for my 4 year old at all. The first thing he said when the theater lights came back on was, "that was AWESOME!" I didn't think there was an over amount of violence, didn't seem any more than Hulk or Iron Man. Good movie.

Man... we liked it too but I thought the violence was really, well... violent. No there wasn't a lot of blood but sometimes not actually showing it is worse. It jacks with you all psychological like. Oh well. Now my son will have something else to tell his therapist about when he's 30.

And Heath Ledger was indeed amazing.

Pricetag
7/19/2008, 11:25 PM
I thought the greatest thing about Ledger's Joker was how he had the audience laughing at stuff that just wasn't funny at all.

I agree with bri, this could have been two flicks. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but the pace was pretty brisk, and I want to see it again because I know I missed some stuff.

GottaHavePride
7/19/2008, 11:57 PM
Man... we liked it too but I thought the violence was really, well... violent. No there wasn't a lot of blood but sometimes not actually showing it is worse. It jacks with you all psychological like. Oh well. Now my son will have something else to tell his therapist about when he's 30.

And Heath Ledger was indeed amazing.

How about a magic trick?

Oh, and

Why so serious?

Creepy as ****.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2008, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=Viking Kitten;2341056Oh well. Now my son will have something else to tell his therapist about when he's 30.[/QUOTE]

You mean besides the Oedipal thing?

Whet
7/20/2008, 02:16 AM
They locked down portions of downtown for months it seemed.

There were a few stunt men that got ****ed up during some scenes driving down lower Wacker (runs underground between East and West Wacker).

Buildings That Will Likely Appear in the Background
123 North Wacker
180 North LaSalle
200 North LaSalle
225 West Wacker
333 West Wacker
LaSalle-Wacker Building
Merchandise Mart
Randolph Tower
Randolph-Wells Building
SBC Building
Skyline Century of Progress
William Rowney Building

also,
CBOT
Continental Bank Building
Chicago Federal Reserve Bank
Rookery Bldg (the one used for the Toy Store in Home Alone 2) - which is where the fire escape scenes were shot.

r5TPsooner
7/20/2008, 10:57 AM
My neighbor saw it last night and said it was a great movie. He said that there was no way in hell that he would take his kid or any kid under the age of 13 to see it do to the violence.

SoonerBBall
7/20/2008, 11:11 AM
The movie was awesome. I recommend it highly to everyone.

Also, Edmond's own Jennifer Knox plays the girl that is with the old guy that Bruce walks in on when he sneaking off to become Batman at Harvey's fund raiser.

KC//CRIMSON
7/20/2008, 03:15 PM
Great movie! Worth every penny paid.

I recommend it highly to everyone as well. Even kids under thirteen.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2008, 04:28 PM
Man, was that good. If you still haven't seen it, go. It's not a "renter", it's a "plop your *** down for 2 1/2 hours of WIN."er

tulsaoilerfan
7/20/2008, 04:39 PM
I haven't seen anything negative about this movie yet, and that's highly unusual

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2008, 05:26 PM
Almost every negative review on rotten tomatoes is from New York.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2008, 05:47 PM
That movie beat a lot of ***. Goddamn that was good.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2008, 08:36 PM
Seriously. That was just good.

And Ledger deserves every bit of the Oscar talk. I'm not going to sit here and debate who had the better portrayal of the Joker-Romero, Nicholson, or Ledger. They all had different takes on the character.

That being said, Ledger did the best job of acting.

That was just 100% bat**** insane.

And holy crap was Maggie Gyllenhall an upgrade over Katie Holmes. The character was actually interesting.

BudSooner
7/20/2008, 08:53 PM
And holy crap was Maggie Gyllenhall an upgrade over Katie Holmes. The character was actually interesting.

Oh hell yes! I was thinking the same damn thing...Katie was wooden.
The magic trick had me in tears....though it was wayyyyyyy creepy, Heath will go down as a legend in terms of how he made the Joker his own in the Batman world.

The twists and turns made me nauseous, regarding the different things that happen to the characters...jesus that movie was INCRED-IBLE!

Somebody over at Ain't it cool news compared this to The Empire Strikes Back, that was a spot on description.

Oh yeah, and the scenes with Gordon and his son...those were golden.

MR2-Sooner86
7/20/2008, 09:25 PM
Big question now...

Will they make a third one? Talks are that it was rumored this was it. The ending was suppose to be that "happy" ending of how Batman cares about Gothem blah blah blah. This thing broke the opening box office record and will probably make alot of money. Unless all the people involved in this hate money and ignore the fans, they'll be back.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2008, 09:29 PM
Don't know where you're getting that there wasn't supposed to be a third. Both Nolan and Bale have mentioned that they consider this the second of a trilogy.

JohnnyMack
7/20/2008, 09:33 PM

[Ron Burgundy]Agree to disagree.[/Ron Burgundy]

I find her to be quite overrated. I thought she drug the flick down.

bri
7/20/2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, and the second half of the movie was the third of a trilogy. So where do they go from here now that they rushed and pretty much wasted that film's storyline?

MR2-Sooner86
7/20/2008, 09:39 PM
Don't know where you're getting that there wasn't supposed to be a third. Both Nolan and Bale have mentioned that they consider this the second of a trilogy.

I was reading one of the reviews for the film and it said that the director had said that this could be the last one. Frankly, I don't see how they wouldn't do it. Everybody is pretty much wanting a third one.

BUT...with the bar raised so high with this one, can they do it again? Especially since the big star is dead?

BigRedJed
7/20/2008, 09:40 PM
Well, they did manange to squeak out a first film without Ledger. Somehow.

JohnnyMack
7/20/2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah, and the second half of the movie was the third of a trilogy. So where do they go from here now that they rushed and pretty much wasted that film's storyline?

The relationship they tried to develop between the Joker and Two Face was pathetic. Second only to the relationship they tried to develop between Rachel and Harvey.

IronSooner
7/20/2008, 09:42 PM
****ING AWESOME. Just saw it on IMAX in Nashville...pretty cool experience.

I've been trying to figure out how they could make a sequel, or who exactly would be in it. What I expected to happen at the end didn't, so I'm not sure where they go from here. I'm also pissed that Ledger won't be around to perhaps appear in a subsequent one.

colleyvillesooner
7/20/2008, 10:20 PM
Bri must be a spidey fan. ;)

GottaHavePride
7/20/2008, 10:46 PM
If they do a third they could still use Bane.

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2008, 11:25 PM

Batman: Redemption. Batman ends up taking down Moroni and the other mob bosses, redeeming himself in the eyes of the public. Final image: the Batsignal proudly glowing in Gotham's sky again.

bri
7/20/2008, 11:54 PM
Batman: Redemption. Batman ends up taking down Moroni and the other mob bosses, redeeming himself in the eyes of the public. Final image: the Batsignal proudly glowing in Gotham's sky again.

Dude, that would be super lame. They may as well call it Batman: The Revenge and have Lorriane Gary team up with Michael Caine again. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/20/2008, 11:58 PM
Dude, that would be super lame. They may as well call it Batman: The Revenge and have Lorriane Gary team up with Michael Caine again. :D

Yeah, it'd be much cooler if he became emo-Bat and had a Saturday Night Fever stroll down the streets of Gotham. :)

To me, Batman stories that deal with him actually doing detective work and busting mob bosses and serial killers are much more compelling than the Joker/Penguin/Riddler/Clayface type stuff.

bri
7/21/2008, 12:11 AM
I see wut you did thar, but I still have yet to see Spidey 3. Points for effort, though. ;) (Plus, Emo Bat already IS emo.)

And I think they've kind of lost their ability to do a "routine" Batman movie where he goes after normal criminals. If they followed up TDK with him busting up the Mob, it would be savaged by Dork Nation.

soonerscuba
7/21/2008, 12:19 AM
I would pay $20 to see 2.5 hours of the magic trick repeated, over and over again.

I firmly believe that half second of movie might go down as one of the most famous scenes of all time.

Frozen Sooner
7/21/2008, 12:36 AM
I see wut you did thar, but I still have yet to see Spidey 3. Points for effort, though. ;) (Plus, Emo Bat already IS emo.)

And I think they've kind of lost their ability to do a "routine" Batman movie where he goes after normal criminals. If they followed up TDK with him busting up the Mob, it would be savaged by Dork Nation.

OK, so what if they had Neil Patrick Harris as the Mad Hatter and Joss Whedon wrote all his dialogue?

bri
7/21/2008, 12:44 AM
Never happen. Joss is a Marvel guy, 'cause he's actually entertaining. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/21/2008, 12:46 AM
Dude, we're just playing "what if" here. Consider part of the "what if" to be "what if Dan Dideo wasn't the worst EIC this side of Jim Shooter?"

bri
7/21/2008, 12:47 AM
Or "what if I actually read comics more than a handful every couple of years"? ;)

OUTromBoNado
7/21/2008, 12:49 AM
Did any one of you geniuses think that maybe they didn't leave an open ending because they don't know what they want to do for a sequel yet?

My first thought would be having the Joker escape Arkham and come back. The did bring back the Scarecrow dude in TDK. But, honestly, without Ledger, the Joker would be hella ghey. From what I can tell, I think Nolan can acknowledge that. He doesn't seem like the kind of director that takes the easy route.

Blue
7/21/2008, 12:50 AM
How about some spoiler tags, genius? geez.

BudSooner
7/21/2008, 06:31 AM
I don't know who could be in the third installment, but for ideas....take a look at Batman Gotham Knight.

Hot Rod
7/21/2008, 07:39 AM
Considering the loss of Ledger, the only way they could pull off bringing the Joker back is as a CG character. I don't think anyone could pull off that performance the way he did. It was pure genius!

OUMallen
7/21/2008, 08:55 AM
I am a fanboy. I loved it. Saw it twice this weekend.

OUMallen
7/21/2008, 09:03 AM

Spidey 3 is totally OK, but should never be compared to TDK.

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 09:23 AM
OK, I guess I need to see the movie before commenting further. You people are acting like there are no Batman supervillans left to choose from for future installments. I must be missing something.

soonerbrat
7/21/2008, 09:24 AM
Yes, you should go see it. it is fantastic!

BillyBall
7/21/2008, 09:25 AM
It was very good.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 09:28 AM
When I want to read about SuperHeroes...

I just come to SoonerFans.com :D

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/images/action/ou_williams.jpg

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 09:28 AM
I'm waiting until after all of the dorks who bought tickets a week in advance and are seeing it for their 6th time in a week have gotten it out of their system. I never see blockbusters in their first couple of weeks. I think the last time I did that was when I waited for hours to get into the first showing of The Empire Strikes Back.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 09:35 AM
We saw Wall-E last night.

The only folks there were single Women who enjoy the free refills on the large popcorn.

The Batman line was full of folks that would make me want to carry a handgun to watch the movie.

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 09:36 AM
ST, you could have left that post. A mascot that kills opposing fans with massive amounts of self-generated electricity would also make a great supervillan.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 09:43 AM
heh.

soonerbrat
7/21/2008, 10:29 AM
We saw Wall-E last night.

The only folks there were single Women who enjoy the free refills on the large popcorn.

The Batman line was full of folks that would make me want to carry a handgun to watch the movie.

so you're a single women that enjoys free refills on the large popcorn?
hm. I thought differently.

soonervegas
7/21/2008, 10:44 AM
They really do have an issue on their hands. I don't think Nolan would have initially done two films on the Joker (just too many good villians in the Batman universe), but Ledger knocked it so far out of the park that the 3rd film is really in a ackward position. If Ledger were still alive he may have had to include the Joker in installment #3. With Ledger dead they are not going to touch it character with a 10 ft pole. The best option would probably be the mob getting overran by freaks and deteriorating even further. (i.e. scarecrow, catwoman - much different than what we have seen previously, riddler, etc.) and Gotham having to turn to Batman to clean it up. But people need to be ok with a (7 or 8) movie. That is where Batman Begins was. You can't have two (9 to 9.5's) in a row.

StoopTroup
7/21/2008, 11:45 AM
so you're a single women that enjoys free refills on the large popcorn?
hm. I thought differently.

I could of had my pick of any one of them iffen' I had put some Movie Butter all over me. :eek:

shaun4411
7/21/2008, 12:05 PM
it will be very tough to follow this movie. even if it isnt as good, just following it and not ruining it in the minds of the people. it was left too open to just not revisit. i like the idea of gotham just being run down by the organized crime. batman to the rescue.

bri
7/21/2008, 01:07 PM
I could of had my pick of any one of them iffen' I had put some Movie Butter all over me. :eek:

Hell, if Movie Butter is involved you could of had your pick of me. :texan:

C&CDean
7/21/2008, 01:23 PM
7 ****ing pages and nobody has told me about the HP & The Half Blood Prince trailer?

I'm waiting...

frankensooner
7/21/2008, 01:44 PM
I just saw a pic in EW of Daniel Radcliffe and Jim Broadbent (Horace Slughorn). This guy plaing Slughorn is beefy, but not at all what I imagined. Too tall too.

C&CDean
7/21/2008, 01:48 PM
I just saw a pic in EW of Daniel Radcliffe and Jim Broadbent (Horace Slughorn). This guy plaing Slughorn is beefy, but not at all what I imagined. Too tall too.

Yeah and no "walrus mustache" either. While I'm thinking about it, Deloris Umbridge didn't look much like a toad either. The casting folks need to read the books.

Frozen Sooner
7/21/2008, 01:53 PM
Sorry, Dean. No Harry Potter preview at my theater.

There was, however, two and a half hours of a really kick *** movie.

And a cool preview of Watchmen. Oh, and of the remake of Deathrace, which proves that Jason Statham is following in the footsteps of Ben Kingsley-immensely talented actor who will take any role at all so long as the money's right.

frankensooner
7/21/2008, 01:57 PM
http://cache.reelzchannel.com/assets/content/article/HalfbloodprinceA.jpg

colleyvillesooner
7/21/2008, 01:58 PM
7 ****ing pages and nobody has told me about the HP & The Half Blood Prince trailer?

I'm waiting...

we didn't see it either...

I think it was just this IMAX Teaser...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=561&item=3

big pile of nothing...

An epic week for big movie trailers ended with a whimper this week with the unveiling of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince teaser trailer. Scheduled to unspool before some IMAX screenings of The Dark Knight, the 15-second spot reveals little more than the title and the line "Once again, I must ask too much of you, Harry." The clip barely deserves to have the green "preview" screen in front of it.

frankensooner
7/21/2008, 02:00 PM
we didn't see it either...

That is a fan trailer, not even worth clicking. We want the real thing.

NormanPride
7/21/2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah and no "walrus mustache" either. While I'm thinking about it, Deloris Umbridge didn't look much like a toad either. The casting folks need to read the books.

Their insistence on getting purely English actors and actresses is holding them back, I think.

Back on topic, was I the only one that thought the female lead looked like a pig? She was good, just... weird lookin'. It was distracting.

colleyvillesooner
7/21/2008, 02:22 PM
That is a fan trailer, not even worth clicking. We want the real thing.

yeah, i saw that and edited it and including the "real" one. what crap

bri
7/21/2008, 03:51 PM
Back on topic, was I the only one that thought the female lead looked like a pig? She was good, just... weird lookin'. It was distracting.

Filmdrunk (http://www.filmdrunk.com) calls her "The Sad Cartoon Turtle". It fits. :D

C&CDean
7/21/2008, 04:40 PM
Back on topic, Emma Watson is 18 now.

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 04:42 PM
Creepy.

C&CDean
7/21/2008, 04:44 PM
Creepy.

No, it was creepy when she was 12.

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 04:49 PM
Are you saying that you had the hots for her when she was 12?

bri
7/21/2008, 05:05 PM
Creepy.

No, what's creepy is that within 48 hours of her turning 18, I and the rest of the internet had seen her now-legal lady bits. Thanks, sleazy photographers! :D

C&CDean
7/21/2008, 05:07 PM
Are you saying that you had the hots for her when she was 12?

Dude, in all honesty, I don't have the hots for her now - or then. I mean I'd hit it and all, but I'm just trying to get this thread back on track.

bri
7/21/2008, 06:48 PM
I'd like to get her back on my track.

And by "track", I mean "wangus".

And by "wangus", I mean "dong".

And by "dong", I mean "penis".

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 07:02 PM
I still like "schlong."

BigRedJed
7/21/2008, 07:03 PM
Once again, I have apparently admitted to liking "schlong."

hurricane'bone
7/21/2008, 07:07 PM
Thought it was great.

I'm seeing it again tomorrow night and then again in IMAX on Saturday before I go rock some people's face off at D-Fest.

KC//CRIMSON
7/21/2008, 07:14 PM
Sorry, Dean. No Harry Potter preview at my theater.

There was, however, two and a half hours of a really kick *** movie.

And a cool preview of Watchmen. Oh, and of the remake of Deathrace, which proves that Jason Statham is following in the footsteps of Ben Kingsley-immensely talented actor who will take any role at all so long as the money's right.

Lucky bastard. We didn't get the Watchmen or Death Race trailers. However, we did get the new James Bond/Quantum Of Solace trailer. Looked kinda meh.

MR2-Sooner86
7/21/2008, 07:22 PM
Well I thought I'd say that for the third one, if they do it, I saw in the second one a hint of what could be a future Robin or Riddler.

However, they really made things hard killing off Rachael, destroying the Batmobil, and having Mr. Fox quit so there goes Wayne's person to go to for new stuff.

bri
7/21/2008, 07:29 PM
Bale has already said that he'll quit if they try to bring in Robin (http://www.filmdrunk.com/post.phtml?pk=2095):

BALE CONFIRMS: BATMAN AIN'T NO QUEAH

In case you were worried the next Batman would descend into Joel Schumacher, nipples-on-the-batsuit homo territory, Christian Bale recently made a statement that should put your mind at least partially at ease.
Batman star Christian Bale has declared he will quit the comic book movie franchise if producers ever decide to reintroduce the caped crusader's sidekick Robin.
He says, "If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work." [Starpulse (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/07/02/batman_bale_says_no_to_robin_) via /Film (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/02/christian-bale-rules-out-robin-for-batman-3-and-beyond/)]
Robin gets a bad rap for being the gayest, campiest part of the original Batman comics, but it's not really his fault. Alfred's a sidekick too, but no one complains about him. The real problem is that his name's Robin. Robin is about as queer a name you could give to a guy. People'd be fine if it were Batman & Butch, or Batman & Cheech, or Batman & Chris Tucker. Okay, maybe not that last one. Damn, I never should've typed that out loud, someone's already running with it.

Also, the feeling I got was that Lucius didn't quit when he realized that the super snooper compooter self-explodied after the one-time use.

soonerboomer93
7/21/2008, 08:04 PM
went to a show

epic winz

GottaHavePride
7/21/2008, 08:05 PM
Bale has already said that he'll quit if they try to bring in Robin (http://www.filmdrunk.com/post.phtml?pk=2095):

Also, the feeling I got was that Lucius didn't quit when he realized that the super snooper compooter self-explodied after the one-time use.

Winnah.

And the problem with the third movie will be choice of antagonistto Batman. See, this time around they're going for a pretty realistic (as much as possible) take on the characters. So it becomes tough to follow Heath Ledger's Joker with the more cartoony villains like Catwoman and the Riddler. I still think the best choice is Hush - highly intelligent guy with hefty grudges against both Batman AND Bruce Wayne. If you want to complicate things, he takes over the mob and brings in Bane to get rid of Batman.

Batman has a tough call to make, though. Bane and Hush are after Bruce Wayne, too, not just Batman. And every time Batman resurfaces, the police are hunting him, too. So, how does Bruce Wayne protect himself without revealing he's Batman. Side tangent: if you're assuming Hush knows Bruce Wayne and Batman are the same person (which he learned from the Riddler) how does Batman stop him from revealing that? Without an "I am Iron Man" scene?

colleyvillesooner
7/21/2008, 08:29 PM
Well I thought I'd say that for the third one, if they do it, I saw in the second one a hint of what could be a future Robin or Riddler.

However, they really made things hard killing off Rachael, destroying the Batmobil, and having Mr. Fox quit so there goes Wayne's person to go to for new stuff.

He can always get another bat mobile, and Mr. Fox didn't quit. He sad he wouldn't work there as long as the machine was there. It no longer is, he blew it up by typing in his name, this the smile on his face when he left.

Frozen Sooner
7/21/2008, 10:11 PM
He can always get another bat mobile, and Mr. Fox didn't quit. He sad he wouldn'twprl there as long as the machine was there. It no longer is, he blew it up by typing in his name, this the smile on his face when he left.

Right, with Oldman's voiceover saying that sometimes you have to justify people's faith in you.

Frozen Sooner
7/21/2008, 10:11 PM
Lucky bastard. We didn't get the Watchmen or Death Race trailers. However, we did get the new James Bond/Quantum Of Solace trailer. Looked kinda meh.

We got that one as well. Plus some indie flick called Blindness that looks good.

soonerscuba
7/21/2008, 10:34 PM
I thought the movie was awesome, the best comic book movie ever, and maybe the best action movie ever, but let's not get carried away...

IMDB 250 (http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0468569)

bri
7/22/2008, 06:47 AM
Give it some time; it'll settle down to a more realistic reception.

JohnnyMack
7/22/2008, 09:25 AM
I thought the movie was awesome, the best comic book movie ever, and maybe the best action movie ever, but let's not get carried away...

IMDB 250 (http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0468569)

TDK isn't in the top 50.

JohnnyMack
7/22/2008, 09:27 AM
Christian Bale arrested:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25794327/

AZSOONER
7/22/2008, 10:04 AM
I thought Heath did a hell of a job. Not just saying that cause he's passed on either. I liked him as an actor, and he did not let me down with this performance. I actually thought he was better than I was expecting.

BillyBall
7/22/2008, 10:11 AM
I still like "schlong."

Thats a sig waiting to happen...

Frozen Sooner
7/22/2008, 10:21 AM

Someone pointed out to me that the name of the guy who was blackmailing Lucious was Mr. Reese. Kinda like E. Nigma.

soonerboomer93
7/22/2008, 11:49 AM
got to say, I really don't know that I want to see the Riddler, or catwoman

soonerboomer93
7/22/2008, 11:50 AM
We got that one as well. Plus some indie flick called Blindness that looks good.

yeah, i saw the blindness preview and it looked interesting

Frozen Sooner
7/22/2008, 12:08 PM

Neither do I, really.

How about Holiday? They could kind of do a Long Halloween type story, though that might be a little long in timeframe for just a movie.

I don't know-bri's objections to the contrary, I think the best thing they can do for a third film would be Batman really going after the mob.

soonerinabilene
7/22/2008, 12:32 PM
I really, really think that they were planning on the Joker being in the 3rd one, since they left him alive and killed Two Face. At first I thought that they were going to introduce two face in this one, and have him be the main villian in the 3rd. Totally shocked me when he died. Since Heath did such a good job in this one, no way they cast someone else to pick up the role. I think going after the mob would be the best choice.

bri
7/22/2008, 12:48 PM
It could be time to go back to the pile of scrapped Batman projects from the pre-Nolan revival. :D

soonerboomer93
7/22/2008, 04:34 PM
i wouldn't mind Talia

that might be fitting based on the ending and if they're going to "finish" off the mob

my understanding is they were only planning on a trilogy

frankensooner
7/24/2008, 09:48 AM
I took my boy to see this last night and he wouldn't watch the last 30 minutes of the movieHe was so freaked out by two face he wouldn't look at the screen. He is six. I didn't realize he was that squeamish.

soonerbrat
7/24/2008, 10:27 AM
I took my boy to see this last night and he wouldn't watch the last 30 minutes of the movieHe was so freaked out by two face he wouldn't look at the screen. He is six. I didn't realize he was that squeamish.

IT'S PG 13!

frankensooner
7/24/2008, 10:33 AM
Have you been in the toy departments at Target or Wallyworld lately?

StoopTroup
7/24/2008, 11:03 AM

What?

http://www.zfcamaro.com/Riddler/Riddler1.gif

Lott's Bandana
7/24/2008, 11:10 AM
I watched NCFOM for teh third time the night before, then saw TDK at teh Warren. Pleased to see H'wood getting it right again every once and a while.

Oh, and all the "startle" scene effects during TDK were marrow-mushing with Warren's THX sound. Let's get THX for the new scoreboard at the Mem!

setem
7/25/2008, 01:06 PM
Heath Ledger did a fantastic job is this movie. I saw it last night and I was blown away. You know some hero movies are just fun to see and that is all there is to it. This one actually had some cinematic value.

One thing I did not understand. WHY IN THE HELL WITH 20 OR SO LEFT IN THE MOVIE WOULD YOU WALK OUT? Have you seen the movie? Was it not good enough? This is just a guestimation but I would about 20 people almost all of them from different groups walked out before the ending. GAY!

MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!

silverwheels
7/25/2008, 01:11 PM
I sure as hell didn't leave until the credits had been rolling for a minute or two.

F'ing amazing movie. The only negative, in my opinion, is that Ledger's fantastic performance just makes it suck even worse that he died. One of my favorite movie villains of all time.

Boarder
7/25/2008, 02:37 PM
Hehe, my four year old thought it was cool. Maybe I should worry.

Boarder
7/25/2008, 10:01 PM
I asked Josh tonight if he remembered the character. He told me the story about "two side face man". :D

StoopTroup
7/27/2008, 07:41 PM
I took the family to this one this afternoon.

4 thumbs up!

Greatest Batman ever IMO.

setem
7/27/2008, 07:48 PM
I still can not believe how awesome Ledger is in this thing! Was that Scare-Crow in the parking garage in the beginning? I am not giving anything way so I didn't black that out...I dont know how to black that out.

StoopTroup
7/27/2008, 08:24 PM
I still can not believe how awesome Ledger is in this thing! Was that Scare-Crow in the parking garage in the beginning? I am not giving anything way so I didn't black that out...I dont know how to black that out.

I think they wanted it to be him.

I thought it was more of a clone of him though.

That might be the one flaw in it IMO

bri
7/27/2008, 08:29 PM
Um, it was him.

setem
7/27/2008, 08:32 PM
Um, it was him.

That seems like a pointless cameo to me.

BudSooner
7/27/2008, 08:38 PM
It was Scarecrow, though after Bats rounded up the copycat Batmen...I could not figure out what his angle was when Batman said "He didn't need help"

"That is not my diagnosis"

Eh, I guess he was just being a smartass. I dunno.

There were some great lines in the movie.

"It was a big dog"

"Poor choice of words"

"What happened, did your balls drop off?"

Echoes
7/28/2008, 02:45 AM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Riddler. Not the Jim Carrey Riddler, but a new, much darker and crazier Riddler.

Obviously, you can't bring Joker back. It will be very interesting to see what bad guy they go for. For the love of god, no Mr. Freeze or the Pelican.

bri
7/28/2008, 07:14 AM
That seems like a pointless cameo to me.

Why? It establishes one of the central themes of the comic book world: Hero fights bad guy, bad guy is captured, bad guy is released or escapes, repeat.

pergdaddy
7/29/2008, 12:20 PM
The villains never die in Batman. Batman doesn't kill ('cept for ole harv). They get locked up in Arkham Asylum. Third one could take place with the Joker and no Ledger. Could be Joker controlling things from Arkham. I suspect we will see more of the mob stuff and maybe another villain or two. scarecrow, joker are still alive. bane is somewhat reasonable of a character as well as Catwoman or Hush. Just please god don't do Penguin, Poison Ivy or Mr. Freeze. I cannot get Ah-nold and Uma out of my head when I think of those characters.

Seriously, Begins was a great movie, The Dark KNight is an all time great. They both had fantastic movie music scores, were well acted with with extremely well written scripts with tremendous directing and photography.

The only way Joker gets done again is if they can find somebody with the passion and intensity to do it. We know the script will be there, just need somebody to deliver the lines with the fire that Ledger did it with. Good luck on that one.

Frozen Sooner
7/29/2008, 12:21 PM
How about a serial killer who takes his still-living victims and freezes them to death in a meat locker or something for Mr. Freeze?

pergdaddy
7/29/2008, 12:26 PM
I guess Mr. Freeze could be done if an angle or something like that is taken. I just do not want to see this version of the batman franchise turn into cartoonish stuff. I don't think Nolan will do that as he already said he will never do the Penguin because he doesn't think that character is rooted in reality. And Bale said he will walk away if Robin is ever introduced into the franchise. So we know they care about the story and making it a great movie.

one thing is I don't view it as a comic book movie after watching it. I view it as a psychological thriller with many plot twists. Kind of like Heat (which Nolan said he drew inspiration from) combined with the Sixth Sense. It was a great movie, not just a great comic book movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I want to see it again, but the wifey is hesitant and I won't take my kids (6 & 4) to see it.

KC//CRIMSON
7/29/2008, 01:23 PM
$440,081,677

pergdaddy
7/29/2008, 01:27 PM
That's worldwide and without Monday's figures. Unbelievable haul in just 10 days.

soonerbrat
7/29/2008, 01:41 PM
do you guys think this would have been as big if Heath Ledger hadn't died?

I kinda think it would, but I still wonder. it IS a great flick.

pergdaddy
7/29/2008, 01:44 PM
I think it would still be as big regardless. Ledger died after production, so the movie was what it was. THe movie WAS and IS great. I think Ledger's death has had an impact on it. It's his last performance and it's his greatest performance.

soonerbrat
7/29/2008, 01:57 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/funny%20pics/joker.gif

soonervegas
7/29/2008, 02:51 PM
I bet it got a 15% bump off of Ledger's death. People were going ape &*^$ about his performance well before his death though. There were already two trailers out and it looked awesome. Even with that 15% bump they are at $375,000,000.

pergdaddy
7/29/2008, 03:18 PM
There's a dude, Youngbat, on the superherohype.com boards for Batman in the TDK SPoilers section that is making his own Tumbler and Bat suit. He's planning on doing a Batpod. Unbelievable. Go see it. Very detailed. Looks cool.

I want one.

bri
7/29/2008, 03:50 PM
I hope they bring back King Tut for the next one.

shaun4411
7/29/2008, 05:56 PM
i stand behind my "it'll beat titanic" prediction

shaun4411
7/29/2008, 06:02 PM
$440,081,677

took titanic 11 weeks to get to $449million.

colleyvillesooner
7/29/2008, 06:06 PM
That's international.

shaun4411
7/29/2008, 06:07 PM
agreed.

colleyvillesooner
7/29/2008, 06:22 PM
Titanic started slow but them stayed really strong through 2
Months. It has the number 1 total each weel for all movies in their 4th-8th weeks.

KC//CRIMSON
7/29/2008, 06:32 PM
The Dark Knight

Domestic: $324,299,793 71.7%
+ Foreign: $128,300,000 28.3%
= Worldwide: $452,599,793

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm

BudSooner
7/29/2008, 08:00 PM
TDK parodies-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8VV3ItpsI :D

THE DRUNK KNIGHT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa-PvCRCiEM

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4d6d5673d4

D00d, WTF are you saying????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

Read the crawl below the interview...NOBODY EATS HOT POCKETS!
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/sketches/38-sketches/868-gnn-interviews-the-joker

bri
7/29/2008, 08:24 PM
4nBZcFheDdk

colleyvillesooner
8/1/2008, 08:51 AM
Saw it again last night.

I REALLY like what Ledger did with the Joker, even more so the second time around.

soonervegas
8/1/2008, 08:58 AM
I was reading a review about the parallel's between The Dark Knight and the current "War on Terror". Micheal Cain said something funny....."Superman is how America sees itself. Batman is how the world sees America."

r5TPsooner
8/1/2008, 09:42 AM
Saw it last nite, good flick. Too much going on for kids under 13 years of age IMO, and I felt that they wasted a good bad guy in two face for upcoming films. It really seemed to me that the director left the door open for the Joker (Ledger) to appear in several more Batman's at the end of the flick.

Unfortunately we'll never get to see it.

There were only about 20 people in the movie so it was easy to hear everything and had as much room to lounge as we wanted to. Just reinforced my feeling on not seeing a big movie like this when it premieres. Probably watch it again when it comes out on video or PPV.

Just my .02.

Frozen Sooner
8/1/2008, 11:22 AM
For there to be a true parallel between TDK and the War on Terror, after the Joker blows everything up Batman would have had to go depose Dr. Doom or something.

pergdaddy
8/1/2008, 12:05 PM
Very good analogy Mike.

Good job.

bri
8/3/2008, 05:17 PM
Just went and saw it again. Most of the complaints I had after my first viewing didn't seem to be there this time. The Hong Kong sidebar didn't annoy me as much, and once I started viewing TDK as Harvey Dent's story from start to finish, it didn't seem as wasted. Upon further review, this is a great movie and not just really good.

Having said that, I'm ready to go back to glib one-liners and explosions. When's the next Marvel flick coming out? :D

KC//CRIMSON
8/3/2008, 05:21 PM
I'm not so sure Harvey Dent is finished. Hopefully, we shall see.......:cool:

bri
8/3/2008, 05:54 PM
He'd better be. Otherwise, the new franchise loses all credibility.

KC//CRIMSON
8/21/2008, 12:52 PM
'Dark Knight' Script Answers Highly Debated Question: Did Harvey 'Two-Face' Dent Live Or Die?

It's already the second-highest-grossing movie of all time, a gigantic cultural juggernaut that will soon break $500 million domestically. If you haven't seen "The Dark Knight" at least twice, well, you haven't really seen it at all. And, yet, for some people, the ending of the latest Batman film is still a complete and utter mystery, especially regarding the fate of Harvey "Two-Face" Dent, the villain played with such delicious glee by Aaron Eckhart.

(Massive spoilers ahead if you're one of the two cave-dwelling people in America who has yet to see "The Dark Knight.")

Does he die? Does he live? Even though he falls from a great height at the end of "Dark Knight," and even though there's a memorial service in his honor soon after, and even though it seems bloody obvious given Batman's sacrifice (can you tell which side we believe?), fan opinion on the matter has been bitterly divided. On MTV Movies Blog posts about potential "Batman 3" villains and themes, commenters argued back and forth over the matter, refusing to budge on what they think is right.

They might not have budged before, but now, like Dent himself, they have been pushed.

The script for the blockbuster sequel was made available for purchase on Tuesday and soon after found its way online. It's a long read at 167 pages, but fans looking for confirmation on the fate of Dent need only look at page 163.

"Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken," the stage direction, written by brothers Jonathan and Christopher Nolan, reads. "DEAD." (Capital letters their emphasis, not ours.)

Although some already are arguing that because it refers to the character as "Dent" and not "Two-Face," it's possible the villain could make a return appearance, but Gotham's D.A. is always referred to as Dent throughout the script, even after his transformation.

Now that Dent is definitively dead, does it change fan opinion of the movie or mean something different for the franchise moving forward?

silverwheels
8/21/2008, 01:21 PM
I thought it was rather obvious that he died. Usually they don't hold memorial services for people that are, you know...alive.

Frozen Sooner
8/21/2008, 01:28 PM
I thought it was rather obvious that he died. Usually they don't hold memorial services for people that are, you know...alive.

Like Jim Gordon?

colleyvillesooner
8/21/2008, 01:33 PM
'Dark Knight' Script Answers Highly Debated Question: Did Harvey 'Two-Face' Dent Live Or Die?

It's already the second-highest-grossing movie of all time, a gigantic cultural juggernaut that will soon break $500 million domestically. If you haven't seen "The Dark Knight" at least twice, well, you haven't really seen it at all. And, yet, for some people, the ending of the latest Batman film is still a complete and utter mystery, especially regarding the fate of Harvey "Two-Face" Dent, the villain played with such delicious glee by Aaron Eckhart.

(Massive spoilers ahead if you're one of the two cave-dwelling people in America who has yet to see "The Dark Knight.")

Does he die? Does he live? Even though he falls from a great height at the end of "Dark Knight," and even though there's a memorial service in his honor soon after, and even though it seems bloody obvious given Batman's sacrifice (can you tell which side we believe?), fan opinion on the matter has been bitterly divided. On MTV Movies Blog posts about potential "Batman 3" villains and themes, commenters argued back and forth over the matter, refusing to budge on what they think is right.

They might not have budged before, but now, like Dent himself, they have been pushed.

The script for the blockbuster sequel was made available for purchase on Tuesday and soon after found its way online. It's a long read at 167 pages, but fans looking for confirmation on the fate of Dent need only look at page 163.

"Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken," the stage direction, written by brothers Jonathan and Christopher Nolan, reads. "DEAD." (Capital letters their emphasis, not ours.)

Although some already are arguing that because it refers to the character as "Dent" and not "Two-Face," it's possible the villain could make a return appearance, but Gotham's D.A. is always referred to as Dent throughout the script, even after his transformation.

Now that Dent is definitively dead, does it change fan opinion of the movie or mean something different for the franchise moving forward?

Well, for one, he didn't fall in a hole in the movie. If that's different from the script, what else is?

silverwheels
8/21/2008, 01:35 PM
Like Jim Gordon?

Did he get a memorial service?

pergdaddy
8/21/2008, 01:47 PM
No, Gordon didn't get a memorial service. I think it was just presumed since he was acting police commissioner.

I could see it either way.

Harvey died from his wounds (infection would have to set in at some point) or the fall.

OR

Harvey didn't die after Batman took off and Gordon stashed him at Arkham in the hopes they could "fix" him, while making the public believe that he was deceased.

Knowing how Nolan works, either one of those situations is viable. Eckhart did a tremendous job and I would love it if he were in the 3rd movie.

It's a shame, though, that we don't get to see ledger's Joker anymore. He was on the cusp of greatness.