NormanPride
7/15/2008, 05:05 PM
Crap. baj may not be able to make that. :(

r5TPsooner
7/15/2008, 05:29 PM
Not on HD, that sucks.

soonerfan28
7/15/2008, 05:39 PM
I can't wait top see us put a hundred on them.

tommieharris91
7/15/2008, 05:42 PM
This means waking up at 2:00 and drinking heavily before the game instead of waking up at 7:00 hung over and drinking heavily before the game. I'm excited!

r5TPsooner
7/15/2008, 06:29 PM
I was gonna give my tickets to the 1st game to my BIL. Now I have an excuse to go to the game since it's on PPV and not in HD.

tulsaoilerfan
7/15/2008, 10:05 PM
I was gonna give my tickets to the 1st game to my BIL. Now I have an excuse to go to the game since it's on PPV and not in HD.

Little spoiled, are we?:D

SoonerStormchaser
7/15/2008, 10:07 PM
Good...now I can still make the tailgate AND fly down to my parents' house in San Marcos for the holiday weekend.

sooneron
7/15/2008, 10:10 PM
Over/under on gametime temp- 102

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 10:22 PM
so does fsn have any chance of showing the game for free?

sooneron
7/15/2008, 10:23 PM
it's gonna be hot

Joe Kane
7/15/2008, 10:24 PM
6PM is the perfect time to put the wimmen and children to bed and go out looking for dinner.

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 11:27 PM
6PM is the perfect time to put the wimmen and children to bed and go out looking for dinner.

THE PROGRAM!!!

Sooner24
7/15/2008, 11:32 PM
so does fsn have any chance of showing the game for free?

There is usually a free tape delay broadcast the next day.

SoonerKnight
7/15/2008, 11:37 PM
How much does PPV usually cost?

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 11:39 PM
I'll order it if I have too. I'm in college and have basic cable through sudden link. Does anybody know if I can order it through that? or is that not possible. thanks.

olevetonahill
7/16/2008, 02:27 AM
There is usually a free tape delay broadcast the next day.

What kinda Lameass Fan wants to watch a Tape delay ?
Spend the 20 Bucks and watch it Live .

Sooner24
7/16/2008, 06:20 AM

Better yet I will be at the game. :D

auto
7/16/2008, 06:32 AM
damn, what is so hard about HD?

KantoSooner
7/16/2008, 08:42 AM
Am I the only one who's more than a bit disappointed and ticked off that the first game of the season is on PPV. Frankly, that's b---sh--.

soonermix
7/16/2008, 09:58 AM
f u pay per view

shaun4411
7/16/2008, 10:03 AM
what about sports bars? they'll buy it

Boomer.....
7/16/2008, 10:09 AM
Exactly. If the opponent was half-way decent, it would be on tv.

KantoSooner
7/16/2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, yeah, I know. And, yes, I'll pay (the only way my grandfather, 96, and a former walk-on will see it - he's not going to bars these days). I just hate to see OU drift ever closer to the 'Big 10 Network' type of deal.
Just venting, sorry.

StoopTroup
7/16/2008, 10:54 AM
I can't wait...

I think I'm gonna quit my job and go to Norman and sit in my seat till gametime. :D

JLEW1818
7/16/2008, 12:27 PM
Yes I will buy it regardless of cost. Does anybody else just have basic sudden link cable? I'm sure there is more to it then just calling a number and saying I want this game on. If anybody knows more please tell me. Thank ya'll.

bluedogok
7/16/2008, 08:30 PM
I just hate to see OU drift ever closer to the 'Big 10 Network' type of deal.
Just venting, sorry.
They have had several PPV games over the years, usually against the I-AA opponents. I know that I have bought quite a few of them over the years. Their games are about the only things that I do PPV for.

Yes I will buy it regardless of cost. Does anybody else just have basic sudden link cable? I'm sure there is more to it then just calling a number and saying I want this game on. If anybody knows more please tell me. Thank ya'll.
You have SuddenLink? I'm sorry......my father-in-law has that out in Monahans and the ones that I know with it in Georgetown have switched to Verizon FIOS or are waiting for their neighborhoods to get FIOS.

JLEW1818
7/16/2008, 08:37 PM
They have had several PPV games over the years, usually against the I-AA opponents. I know that I have bought quite a few of them over the years. Their games are about the only things that I do PPV for.

You have SuddenLink? I'm sorry......my father-in-law has that out in Monahans and the ones that I know with it in Georgetown have switched to Verizon FIOS or are waiting for their neighborhoods to get FIOS.

so am i screwed if i want to order the game.

SoonerDood
7/16/2008, 08:51 PM
Crap. baj may not be able to make that. :(

But Soonerdood can! oh man I can't wait! Get out of this hole and 2 days later I'm watching my favorite thing in the world.

Phantasm
7/16/2008, 10:08 PM
well, at least it will be televised.....

goingoneight
7/16/2008, 10:17 PM
Keeps the streak alove. We have the longest streak going of televised games right now.

SweetPup1221
7/16/2008, 11:06 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/jackieschriver1221/fatman.jpg

Hey guys I'm ready for the big game!!

badger
7/16/2008, 11:12 PM
Somebody asked about PPV costs - the last one, Utah State, was $30 here in Tulsa.

Crucifax Autumn
7/17/2008, 02:37 AM

A poor bastard like me with a wife who is still bitching about ppv games from the last 2 seasons!

But...I'll order it anyway and tell her to **** off!

badger
7/17/2008, 08:25 AM
A poor bastard like me with a wife who is still bitching about ppv games from the last 2 seasons!

But...I'll order it anyway and tell her to **** off!

The best argument for PPV is that it is cheaper than a single ticket.

Not to mention your wife's ticket, the cost of driving to Norman, the cost of food and hotels, the cost of that souvenir cup and anything else that you buy on gameday or pay for on gameday (like the fiver you toss in at the soonerfans.com tailgate)

See how that works :D

Wishboned
7/17/2008, 08:29 AM
so am i screwed if i want to order the game.

You'll need a digital converter box. The best thing to do is call Suddenlink and ask them how you would go about getting one for the game.

You said you were in college, if you're in a dorm that might make it a little difficult.

soonerfan28
7/17/2008, 09:19 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/jackieschriver1221/fatman.jpg

Hey guys I'm ready for the big game!!
Is that a man or a woman and damn that pic makes me proud to be an OU fan.

badger
7/17/2008, 09:35 AM
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/11/longhornsfan2.jpg
;)

r5TPsooner
7/17/2008, 10:06 AM
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/11/longhornsfan2.jpg
;)

Waaaaay tooooooo early in the morning for that pic.

olevetonahill
7/17/2008, 03:16 PM

I think its a sperm Whale in boots .

SweetPup1221
7/18/2008, 08:34 PM

Agreed.... I posted this pic at first because I thought it was hillarious but after looking at it for a while I begining to feel nauseous.....

RedstickSooner
8/1/2008, 10:18 AM
Sorry for resurrecting such an elderly thread, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the coverage availability for PPV like this. I use Dish Network -- any chance I'm gonna be able to order this game? Or am I SOOL?

Really irritating to miss the season opener. Even if it's Chattanoooooooooga.

JLEW1818
8/1/2008, 10:55 AM
From what I hear anybody can order it. You should be fine since you have dish, I'd give them a call in a week or two. I have basic cable so from what I hear I have to rent some box for the cable. But hopefully fsn will end up picking it up.

shaun4411
8/1/2008, 11:01 AM
for those too cheap to buy it or go to the game, we can still enjoy it at a sports bar right?

RedstickSooner
8/1/2008, 11:13 AM
for those too cheap to buy it or go to the game, we can still enjoy it at a sports bar right?

I don't see why not -- giving cheap bastages such as ourselves a place to watch the game where we don't have to pay to order it is sorta the *purpose* of a sports bar, ain't it?

Only obstacle would be if you live somewhere that doesn't have much love for the Sooners... In which case I could only assume it might be tricky to get 'em to buy it. Might have to ask ahead of time, make sure they're gonna have the game.

Just relieved it'll be available nationally. I was starting to worry maybe it was one of those regional/local PPV availability sorts of things :)

soonersn20xx
8/1/2008, 11:25 AM
PPV sucks and anyone who pays for it is a sucker...........it's not a matter of being cheap, it is out of principle that I refuse to pay for games.

You keep feeding the monster and watch all the games become PPV in 5 years. It wasn't so long ago that we were lucky if half the games were on TV and I happily listened to the radio. Some of you young pups are spoiled and will ruin free TV broadcast for the rest of us.

JLEW1818
8/1/2008, 11:40 AM
Well that's just money I'm going to have to spend. I kinda like to watch football.

bluedogok
8/1/2008, 06:50 PM
In a few weeks they should have the options listed for who is carrying the PPV game, it will probably show up on your guide about a week before. I know it usually does on my Directv, I think Dish is about the same.

For one thing, how many networks are going to pickup the game against UTC? It's not like OU-Texas or other big games has gone PPV, in fact it is usually ONLY the few games against a 1-AA team that goes PPV since the networks don't pick them up. Most people 10 years ago said the NFL would be entirely PPV by now, it hasn't happened yet. The odds of the Big 12 Network picking up these games like the Big 10 Network does is more likely than the games going PPV.

I think that most sports have seen how PPV has ruined boxing. Ever since boxing went to PPV for mid to big level fights it has eroded the fan base by pricing it out of the realm of most fans. Since PPV sales are down more big fights have moved to HBO/Showtime. My father-in-law is a huge boxing fan, has HBO/Showtime for their boxing coverage but refuses to do PPV. The lure of quick money that PPV offered them has eaten away at boxing as a huge sport, now it is a niche sport.

r5TPsooner
8/1/2008, 06:55 PM
PPV sucks and anyone who pays for it is a sucker...........it's not a matter of being cheap, it is out of principle that I refuse to pay for games.

You fools keep feeding the monster and watch all the games become PPV in 5 years. It wasn't so long ago that we were lucky if half the games were on TV and I happily listened to the radio. Some of you young pups are spoiled and will ruin free TV broadcast for the rest of us.

I don't usually neg but your post deserved it. PPV is for those who can't or won't be able to see the game in person. It's gonna be hotter than hell and I wouldn't want my dad out in that stuff or my kid either.

soonersn20xx
8/1/2008, 09:09 PM
I don't usually neg but your post deserved it. PPV is for those who can't or won't be able to see the game in person. It's gonna be hotter than hell and I wouldn't want my dad out in that stuff or my kid either.

Then you obviously missed my point, PPV is for media conglomerates to fill their confers even more. Take this analogy for example, if people would stop buying crack on the street then maybe they would stop selling it. Same goes for PPVs, these broadcast could easily be funded by public commercials like everything else is.

r5TPsooner
8/1/2008, 09:12 PM
Then you obviously missed my point, PPV is for media conglomerates to fill their confers even more. Take this analogy for example, if people would stop buying crack on the street then maybe they would stop selling it. Same goes for PPVs, these broadcast could easily be funded by public commercials like everything else is.

If those media conglomerates ares funding the program with revenue then I see no harm in that. Why are so many people against businesses making money?

It's called capitalism, which our country was built on.

Cajun
8/1/2008, 09:46 PM
Since I can't start a thread I'll post the here

All Future Airings of Oklahoma Sooners College Football Preview
Oklahoma Sooners College Football Preview, FSS Aug 2 5:00 PM
Oklahoma Sooners College Football Preview, FSS Aug 4 1:30 PM
Oklahoma Sooners College Football Preview, FSSHD Aug 4 1:30 PM
Oklahoma Sooners College Football Preview, FSS Aug 9 2:30 PM
Oklahoma Sooners College Football Preview, FSSHD Aug 9 2:30 PM

Ruuuuuufus
8/2/2008, 05:47 PM
It's pretty simple... stop scheduling crappy teams and networks will pick the games up

batonrougesooner
8/2/2008, 06:37 PM
I'm not a fan of PPV. Who is?

What pisses me off is when I buy a game on PPV and still have to sit through the same amount of annoying commercials/t.v. timeouts.

I'll just go to the game and sweat my *** off. It will be over by halftime anyway.

badger
8/2/2008, 06:45 PM
I have decided to attend a family wedding, so I will definitely order the PPV in order to watch the game later. Send good vibes and cheer loud for me in Norman :)

soonersn20xx
8/2/2008, 06:46 PM
What pisses me off is when I buy a game on PPV and still have to sit through the same amount of annoying commercials/t.v. timeouts.

Amen brother, I would rather they showed sideline activities and turn on the field mics between plays. It would truly enhance the feeling of being there.

JLEW1818
8/2/2008, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't care if they were playing a high school team. The last OU game I watched was ... well you know. I want to see them play soon.

JLEW1818
8/3/2008, 07:36 PM
Keep an eye on this website. www.channelsurfing.net

they show a lot of games online for free. OU could play on it, but don't quote me.

They have every NFL game on every week. I just sent them an email to see if the OU game would be on the 30th. I'll let ya'll know. Its free.

auto
8/3/2008, 08:36 PM

You keep feeding the monster and watch all the games become PPV in 5 years. It wasn't so long ago that we were lucky if half the games were on TV and I happily listened to the radio. Some of you young pups are spoiled and will ruin free TV broadcast for the rest of us.

Drink much hata-aide?:D :D

soonersn20xx
8/3/2008, 08:43 PM
I just see a move in the broadcasting industry of sport events to make them all PPV, let's just say this is the slippery slope of this future era. :)

tommieharris91
8/3/2008, 09:02 PM
I just see a move in the broadcasting industry of sport events to make them all PPV, let's just say this is the slippery slope of this future era. :)

Not true at all. The ratings and ad revenues are so much higher when games are offered free over the air. Unfortunately, we have PPV because none of the networks that show games free were willing to pick up this one. The cable and production companies have to pay bills too, you know. And when you draw as many people as Oklahoma football does, it gets taken for granted that all games are on TV. After, we could be a 2nd tier team which doesn't have all games shown on TV.

soonersn20xx
8/3/2008, 09:09 PM
The sooner nation viewership alone should be enough to pay for any bills, heck....... Kerr-McGee could subsidized the rest considering how much money they are making. :P

Blue
8/3/2008, 10:32 PM

Well, have fun on the picket line while I'm watching the Sooners d-bag.:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
8/3/2008, 11:59 PM
Keep an eye on this website. www.channelsurfing.net

they show a lot of games online for free. OU could play on it, but don't quote me.

They have every NFL game on every week. I just sent them an email to see if the OU game would be on the 30th. I'll let ya'll know. Its free.

Keep us updated. Would be cool to see it free.

OU4LIFE
8/19/2008, 12:42 PM
Just in from Suddenlink:

"we will not be carrying the game due to lack of interest"

JackDignan
8/19/2008, 01:15 PM
I like the sig Sooner 24. I've been to some games in the house that T. Boone built and half the time its more quiet than my church. You should check out www.wastedoptimism.com. Its a site put up by some OSU fans to describe how they feel about their football program. Funny stuff.

SoonerRecon
8/19/2008, 01:27 PM

eventually we'll have a big 12 network just like the big 10, then all games will be PPV. thats what happens when the govt creates an oligopoly with the cable companies.

trey
8/19/2008, 02:42 PM

yeah, it was great when there used to be only 2 or 3 games on tv. don't you wish we could go back to the days of notre dame and maybe 2 games on abc? damn that was great! :rolleyes:

ppv is awesome. all i have to do is pay $30 to see ou play? sounds like a deal to me! throw in espn gameplan and 2 plasma's in my living room, each saturday is heaven in my living room.

jwlynn64
8/19/2008, 03:38 PM

Three Words: Monday Night Football

Look how moving from a over the air channel to a cable channel killed it. PPV would have the same effect.

Don't look for all PPV in your lifetime. As long as ad revenues are what they are and interest in OU is what it is. Most games will be broadcast somewhere.

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 12:20 AM
Just want to clarify, SUDDEN LINK WILL NOT BE CARRYING THE GAME.
If that was your option, pray that channel surfing will be broadcasting the game online. Or just hide yourself in your bathroom until the game is replayed. .......

Soonerus
8/20/2008, 12:23 AM
Can you get pay for view on Direct TV satellite ??

JLEW1818
8/20/2008, 12:26 AM
I believe so because my parents are doing that. Direct is a big company, I would call tomorrow.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/20/2008, 01:48 AM
The sooner nation viewership alone should be enough to pay for any bills, heck....... Kerr-McGee could subsidized the rest considering how much money they are making. :PIt must be sad for you to hate capitalism so much.

tommieharris91
8/20/2008, 02:02 AM
I like the sig Sooner 24. I've been to some games in the house that T. Boone built and half the time its more quiet than my church. You should check out www.wastedoptimism.com. Its a site put up by some OSU fans to describe how they feel about their football program. Funny stuff.

OMG that site rocks!!!

bluedogok
8/20/2008, 08:18 PM
Can you get pay for view on Direct TV satellite ??
I have had Directv for 10 years and have been able to buy everyone that they have had in the past. I am pretty sure that both Directv and Dish will have the game available.

trpltongue
8/21/2008, 03:20 PM
Anybody know if this is available on ATT Uverse? I can't find any info on it?

JLEW1818
8/21/2008, 03:37 PM
For those not going to the game and cable does not provide it.

Keep an eye out on this website

http://www.channelsurfing.net

They basically show every NFL game every Sunday. It's like an ESPN 360.

I've tried emailing them several times to see if they will be airing the game.

Keep an eye on that site.

Cajun
8/22/2008, 03:36 PM
Has anyone seen thus listed on Direct TV? If so what channel?

trpltongue
8/22/2008, 05:24 PM
ATT uverse in houston sucks donkey balls. They are not offering the game on pay per view. Instead it's some crappy wrestling match, wtf?

Looks like I'm gonna have to find someone's house to crash that has cable or satellite.

JLEW1818
8/22/2008, 05:25 PM
Again keep an eye out on www.channelsurfing.net

Sooner Among The Pack
8/23/2008, 12:23 PM
Has anyone seen thus listed on Direct TV? If so what channel?

I just trolled the entire guide for next Saturday and nothing yet. I am guessing they will update their guide this week and maybe it'll show up somewhere?

Joe Kane
10/13/2010, 09:50 PM
THE PROGRAM!!!

WTF are you talking about?

agoo758
10/13/2010, 11:33 PM
WTF are you talking about?

You bumped a two year old thread for that??:confused:

Joe Kane
10/14/2010, 10:06 AM
I just love the little noobies coming out against me for bringing back an oldie but a goody. It's kind of like how the media got down on me for messing up that one time at ESU...

lame

stoopified
10/14/2010, 02:54 PM
I just love the little noobies coming out against me for bringing back an oldie but a goody. It's kind of like how the media got down on me for messing up that one time at ESU...

lameLame is an understatement for pulling up this thread.