PDA

View Full Version : PS3 vs X box 360

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 01:27 PM
Which is better to buy ? I plan to only play ncaa football and madden on it.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/15/2008, 01:40 PM
ps3 imo...blu ray seals the deal for me

badger
7/15/2008, 02:01 PM
NP and I have Wii, which now has both Madden and NCAA Football.

Before you complain about Wii graphics, just remember what we grew up on.

starrca23
7/15/2008, 02:04 PM
Love my Wii too...but I have kids and am not a serious gamer. All of my buddies that are serious have both. The only reason they have a 360 is for Halo. They all say that the PS3 is Adrian Peterson to the 360's Ced Benson.

Lott's Bandana
7/15/2008, 02:15 PM
Which is better to buy ? I plan to only play ncaa football and madden on it.

I'm muddling over the same decision since my old skool Xbox doesn't cut it any longer.

I'm leaning PS3 because:

1. BluRay
2. XBox 360's I have been around have been fragile and have had laser reader issues...don't move it and keep it in a sealed clean room and you'll be fine.
3. Sony misses sometimes, but when they get it right, it is the standard. My Sony DSLR's have Nikon zeroed in. Their TV's are teh win. They seem to have gaming down as well.

Jlew, give us a post when you decide, I'd be curious how it goes...I'm probably a month away from throwing down...

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 02:45 PM
Alright I will. 90% sure I'm going with the ps3.

sooner2b09
7/15/2008, 04:30 PM
X box 360 is for online gaming, PS3 has better graphics

I have the 360 because i like playing with my friends online.

But for just playing football games, def the PS3

Lott's Bandana
7/15/2008, 04:36 PM
X box 360 is for online gaming, PS3 has better graphics

I have the 360 because i like playing with my friends online.

But for just playing football games, def the PS3

Can you elaborate on the online gaming comment? You can play PS3 online as well, yes? What makes XBox better, IYO?

I want to play Rock Band with my daughters in Cali...my son-n-law has a PS3.

Bone
7/15/2008, 04:55 PM
Either way, get the HDMI cables so you can enjoy the high res capabilities of the system. It makes a huge difference.

Frozen Sooner
7/15/2008, 05:06 PM
Either way, get the HDMI cables so you can enjoy the high res capabilities of the system. It makes a huge difference.

You do not need HDMI cables to play games in high definition on either system.

I'd still recommend getting 'em to cut down cable clutter.

Bone
7/15/2008, 05:08 PM
You do not need HDMI cables to play games in high definition on either system.

I'd still recommend getting 'em to cut down cable clutter.

You need HDMI or component cables for HD. The PS3 comes with neither. I'm not sure about the 360.

Frozen Sooner
7/15/2008, 05:09 PM
That is correct, though technically a VGA cable will work for the 360.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/15/2008, 05:16 PM
I used to have a 360 but I sold it in order to raise money to buy a new car.

I have a PS2 and an original Xbox, but am thinking about getting a PS3, primarily because of "The Show." NCAA '10 wouldn't be bad on that system, either.

badger
7/16/2008, 09:56 AM
You can play online with all three - PS Triple, Ecksbocks and Weewee.

Speaking of, E3 is this week and it has apparently sucked so far. Doh! Looks like the end of video games.

shaun4411
7/16/2008, 10:41 AM
ive played on the 360 and the ps3. the game play looks mostly the same to me. the online play is mostly the same. though many people claim the online experience is so much better with the xbox. not sure why. they may have faster servers, but ive played a lot of onilne games on the ps3 and any lag i experience is very few and very far between. it is 98% unnoticeable to me.

ps3 has a better processor. and there are a lot of little things here and there that only technical people know or care about. so ill mention a few things that most people can understand and even bother to care:

ps3 has bluray and bluetooth. 360 has no HD player, and uses rf in lieu of bluetooth. things that ps3 owners take for granted such as wifi, bluray, upconvert dvd player, free online gaming..are all things that the xbox can do, but you have to spend more money to do it. for some peple its all about games. you dont need me or anyone else to tell you what games are out there for what system. look for yourself. i personally prefer the playstation controller. i am more familiar with it. i despise halo as i find it to be a very disappointing game after hearing all the hype about it. COD4 in my mind much much better.

ps3 is more expensive, but ask any ps3 owner, there is a reason why, and its worth it. 360 is known to have durability issues. im hearing about 360's just dying within a year of purchase. i hear of laser reader problems. one thing however that most gamers would like about the 360 is that it has been hacked. by that, i mean that you can put in a nice big hd and store all of your games on it. some people i know have downloaded 360 games on torrents and mounted the iso on the hd and placed into the console. it works similarly to the hack people used on the ps2. so far, from what i know, this is not possible with the ps3.

Newbomb Turk
7/16/2008, 11:46 AM
my kid has a 360 and that thing sure is loud - I don't know if it's the fan or a noisy disk player.

BermudaSooner
7/21/2008, 03:03 PM
my kid has a 360 and that thing sure is loud - I don't know if it's the fan or a noisy disk player.

durn kids today and their noisy video games...in my day we had black and white pong and we liked it.

sooner2b09
7/22/2008, 12:11 AM
Can you elaborate on the online gaming comment? You can play PS3 online as well, yes? What makes XBox better, IYO?

I want to play Rock Band with my daughters in Cali...my son-n-law has a PS3.

Xbox live has more users i believe and almost all of my friends play on it except for one who has a ps3 and never played online because he doesnt know anyone. Also take into account that i am 17 and most people my age play on Xbox live. Just my opinion.

r5TPsooner
7/28/2008, 04:33 AM
PS3, it's two entertainment packages in one. Plus it gives the wife or misses a reason to say yes if only because of the Blu Ray player.

Jello Biafra
9/30/2009, 01:32 PM
13 year old....we have a ps2 (that will probably be passed down to the 5 year old after this purchase...)

loves football games and will be getting a led for his room.

anyone change their mind>? ps3 still the way to go and how much these things costing now adays? ive heard there is a big price war going on between the two and would love to get in on this and make it happen this christmas.

keeping in mind, we have the current ps2 in his room already and the Wii in the living room on a 61" big screen. both boys have game boys and a DS for the younger one and a DSi for the older one.

o yeh and i have sega genesis....in case anyone cares ;)

JLEW1818
9/30/2009, 02:05 PM
you can get a ps3 for , 200 bucks now..

Jello Biafra
9/30/2009, 02:55 PM
you can get a ps3 for , 200 bucks now..

sweet.

okiewaker
9/30/2009, 03:04 PM
PS3 all the way. I have 3 of them. The new slim is out for $299.
Son can't wait for MAG to come out in Nov. That game is supposed to revolutionize gaming.

Jello Biafra
9/30/2009, 03:35 PM
PS3 all the way. I have 3 of them. The new slim is out for $299.
Son can't wait for MAG to come out in Nov. That game is supposed to revolutionize gaming.

magnavox is coming out with a game?

Jello Biafra
9/30/2009, 03:36 PM
i guess no one is impressed i have a barely used sega genesis? :)

man, i thought i was someone..

okiewaker
9/30/2009, 03:49 PM
magnavox is coming out with a game?

Hah, should have wrote it better. MAG (Massive Action Game) exclusive for PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Action_Game

Jello Biafra
9/30/2009, 04:30 PM
Hah, should have wrote it better. MAG (Massive Action Game) exclusive for PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Action_Game

looks way cool. better tell the youngin to cool his heels, according to wiki, the games release is january 2010.

okiewaker
9/30/2009, 05:02 PM
PS3, it's two entertainment packages in one. Plus it gives the wife or misses a reason to say yes if only because of the Blu Ray player.

You can also use it as a computer as well. They have a wireless keyboard for the system. So, really you get three entertainment systems in one.

yermom
9/30/2009, 05:14 PM
the slim one won't run LInux anymore :(

Knippz
9/30/2009, 10:45 PM
For solely gaming purposes - 360 is the best bet. Has a lot more games, and a lot more "good" games. Online is better for 360 for several reasons. The interface is much better, more people use mics, more people actually play online, it's more competitive, and servers are usually more stable.

The competition on PS3 is pretty weak though. As far as level of competition, 360 is the SEC and PS3 is the Big 10.

If you want an entertainment system, don't care for any other games, or have an HDTV but no Blu Ray player, go with the PS3. If you're not much of a gamer, go with the one that will benefit you most. Really, you won't be able to tell a difference between either as far as graphics or framerate.

However, to anyone who actually knows games, the 360 has very slightly better graphics on almost all games that are multi-platform.

I have both, and use my PS3 solely for movies, and my 360 solely for games.

okiewaker
9/30/2009, 11:04 PM
For solely gaming purposes - 360 is the best bet. Has a lot more games, and a lot more "good" games. Online is better for 360 for several reasons. The interface is much better, more people use mics, more people actually play online, it's more competitive, and servers are usually more stable.
The competition on PS3 is pretty weak though. As far as level of competition, 360 is the SEC and PS3 is the Big 10.

If you want an entertainment system, don't care for any other games, or have an HDTV but no Blu Ray player, go with the PS3. If you're not much of a gamer, go with the one that will benefit you most. Really, you won't be able to tell a difference between either as far as graphics or framerate.

However, to anyone who actually knows games, the 360 has very slightly better graphics on almost all games that are multi-platform.

I have both, and use my PS3 solely for movies, and my 360 solely for games.

You use your PS3 SOLELY for movies ^^^^good analysis of the two, considering you use the PS3 SOLELY for movies

But, who cares, it's just kids playn.:)

Knippz
10/1/2009, 07:22 AM
You use your PS3 SOLELY for movies ^^^^good analysis of the two, considering you use the PS3 SOLELY for movies

But, who cares, it's just kids playn.:)

This is after having my PS3 for over 2 years now. I have played lots of games on it, and I will play exclusives like God of War, but for anything that's on both, I play 360.

okiewaker
10/1/2009, 01:21 PM
This is after having my PS3 for over 2 years now. I have played lots of games on it, and I will play exclusives like God of War, but for anything that's on both, I play 360.

My son has both systems. Unfortunately, the 360 has become a dust collector because he doesn't play Halo anymore and since he has been playing COD on the PS3, his friends list has grown. He likes both systems but his friends list has grown on the PS3. It's really just a matter of choice. Both machines are good, the advantages for PS3 are blu ray player and better reliability. In terms of definition, my son and I cannot tell the difference. As far as the level of competition between 360 and PS3, i couldn't give a good analysis since there are millions of people who play both machines. Sometimes when he plays he dominates and other times he gets beat up pretty good. Anyway, these two machines would make any gamer happy. Gaming has come a long way since Pong, which is what i started on.:)

okiewaker
10/1/2009, 01:23 PM

Your gonna have to stop using your PS3 solely for movies when MAG comes out. We will add to our friends list and dominate people.:D

Eielson
10/1/2009, 04:31 PM
Gamecube is where it's at.

Knippz
10/2/2009, 12:27 AM
Your gonna have to stop using your PS3 solely for movies when MAG comes out. We will add to our friends list and dominate people.:D

I most certainly will dominate. This is for sure.

Former MLG champ here. (not halo)

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/9/2009, 03:25 PM
all i have to say is Sega Dreamcast