PDA

View Full Version : Jenna Plumley arressted

Ardmore_Sooner
7/15/2008, 11:58 AM
I bet coach isn't gonna be too happy!

http://newsok.com/ou-point-guard-jenna-plumley-arrested/article/3270344/?tm=1216139306

Tue July 15, 2008
OU point guard Jenna Plumley arrested
By James S. Tyree
Staff Writer

NORMAN — Jenna Plumley, a junior point guard on the University of Oklahoma women's basketball team, was arrested Monday on suspicion of petty larceny.

According to the Norman police incident log, Plumley, 20, was arrested at 11:57 a.m. at a Norman Wal-Mart, 601 12th Ave. NE. No other details were immediately available.

An OU athletics department spokesman said coach Sherri Coale is aware of the situation, but the department is making no comment.

Plumley, of Red Rock, started all 31 games last season. She averaged 7.8 points per game and made 103 assists.

OKLA21FAN
7/15/2008, 11:59 AM
better check www.darthhusker.com, just to make sure :gary:

Mjcpr
7/15/2008, 12:25 PM
If my theory is correct, the lady Sooners are about to go out and lay a giant egg in a bowl game.

NormanPride
7/15/2008, 12:27 PM
Boo! If this is true it's very disappointing.

stoopified
7/15/2008, 12:31 PM
Damn Jenna honey ifyou want something from Wal Mart,all you have to do is ask me.This shoplifting thing is so unnecessary.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/15/2008, 01:19 PM
i wonder if bri saw her in handcuffs...

badger
7/15/2008, 01:24 PM
It is with a point of pride that I tell people outside Oklahoma that we have both a starting quarterback and a starting point guard who are Native American here in the last Indian Territory of Oklahoma.

It is great sadness and disappointment to learn about this (and yes, it is true, it is not Darth Husker churned news).

I hope that she is not kicked off the team (anyone who has ever met Coach Sherri Coale knows that this is possible because of her no-nonsense approach) but punished enough to let everyone else know that this is not cool.

I must also emphasize before anyone jumps to conclusions that she was questioned by police and store loss-prevention, yes, but that does not mean that she is guilty. Perhaps she is guilty by association by letting a friend take makeup without paying. Perhaps she placed items in her backpack and out of sight (which you can get arrested for, even if your intent is to pay and remove the items later). Perhaps it was a misunderstanding at Wal-mart - it certainly wouldn't be the first time Wal-mart acts incompetent.

In any event, straighten the situation out, Coach Coale... we know you will, so we don't even need to speculate

Boomer.....
7/15/2008, 01:26 PM
OU Basketball Player Accused Of Shoplifting

NORMAN, Okla. -- A University of Oklahoma women's basketball player has been accused of shoplifting, police confirmed.

Jenna Plumley was detained Monday by loss-prevention workers at the Wal-Mart located at 601 12th Ave. NE in Norman, police said.

A Norman police spokeswoman said Plumley is accused of taking $34.65 worth of cosmetics from the store.

Plumley was not arrested by Norman police. Police said the point guard signed a form at the store and was released.

Plumley has five days to schedule an arraignment date in Norman municipal court. If she is convicted, the charge carries a fine of between $50 and $750 and up to 60 days of jail time.

Sooners spokesman Jared Thompson said head coach Sherri Coale is aware of Plumley's arrest and will handle any punishment internally.

Plumley is a 5-foot-4 guard who started all 31 games for Oklahoma last season and averaged 7.8 points.

She was not arrested.

Still... :mad:

bri
7/15/2008, 01:33 PM
i wonder if bri saw her in handcuffs...

Hmmmm, wonder if I can get her extradited to Tulsa to be punished for crimes she's committed...against my pants.

Meh, I got nothin'.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/15/2008, 01:42 PM
Hmmmm, wonder if I can get her extradited to Tulsa to be punished for crimes she's committed...against my pants.

Meh, I got nothin'.

LMAO!!! :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/15/2008, 02:02 PM

i never heard what sentence you gave to bikerfox for the same charge...

bri
7/15/2008, 02:33 PM
Delousing.

CrimsonandCreamForever
7/15/2008, 05:16 PM
She was not arrested.

Still... :mad:

Sportscenter on ESPN radio just reported it as her being arrested....:confused:

Does her dad have deep pockets?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/15/2008, 05:19 PM
Delousing.

you deloused him or he debloused you?

Collier11
7/15/2008, 05:21 PM

Meh, I got nothin'.

itd be easier if you just wore a skirt like usual

yermom
7/15/2008, 05:21 PM
Delousing.

powdered sugar?

Collier11
7/15/2008, 05:22 PM
I just wish we would start a thread everytime one of you got arrested, that would be even better

yermom
7/15/2008, 05:22 PM
go ahead :D

Collier11
7/15/2008, 05:23 PM

They have nothing to say about Reggie bush for the past yr but they jump all over this and they cant even read what actually happened before reporting:confused:

AllAboutThe'O'
7/15/2008, 05:31 PM

If I'm not mistaken, her dad is/was a custodian at Frontier High School. I read that in a feature about her after she signed with OU. I believe it was a Jenni feature in the Daily Oklahoman.

mxATVracer10
7/15/2008, 06:38 PM
so I just started up NCAA 09 football and logged online to check for roster updates and ESPN radio begins playing... Lo and behold, this is the last story that the guy covers and I'm like :eek:

birddog
7/15/2008, 06:46 PM
If I'm not mistaken, her dad is/was a custodian at Frontier High School. I read that in a feature about her after she signed with OU. I believe it was a Jenni feature in the Daily Oklahoman.

i also read that he graduated from osu with a custodial arts degree.

goingoneight
7/15/2008, 07:39 PM
Well, now aggy has something to 'poke' fun at us for another five years about.

Jenna, this is disappointing... hopefully you learn your lesson.

bri
7/15/2008, 08:08 PM
powdered sugar?

The lice hate the sugar.

Boomer.....
7/16/2008, 07:41 AM

Plumley was not arrested by Norman police. Police said the point guard signed a form at the store and was released.

She was probably just cited and released since it was such a small amount. I am sure this is what happens to everyone, not just OU players.

kbsooner
7/16/2008, 08:58 AM
I worked LP at Target back in the day, back then the threshold for a felony was $50, so the total should keep it a misdemeanor. You wouldn't believe how much makeup is stolen, just too easy to pop in the purse I guess.

MichiganSooner
7/16/2008, 09:53 AM
It is with a point of pride that I tell people outside Oklahoma that we have both a starting quarterback and a starting point guard who are Native American here in the last Indian Territory of Oklahoma.

It is great sadness and disappointment to learn about this (and yes, it is true, it is not Darth Husker churned news).

I hope that she is not kicked off the team (anyone who has ever met Coach Sherri Coale knows that this is possible because of her no-nonsense approach) but punished enough to let everyone else know that this is not cool.

I must also emphasize before anyone jumps to conclusions that she was questioned by police and store loss-prevention, yes, but that does not mean that she is guilty. Perhaps she is guilty by association by letting a friend take makeup without paying. Perhaps she placed items in her backpack and out of sight (which you can get arrested for, even if your intent is to pay and remove the items later). Perhaps it was a misunderstanding at Wal-mart - it certainly wouldn't be the first time Wal-mart acts incompetent.

In any event, straighten the situation out, Coach Coale... we know you will, so we don't even need to speculate

I have to disagree with you on part of what is said. You are correct when you say she is not guilty as of yet. A judge (or jury) will decide that issue. But you go on to say maybe it was a misunderstanding by Wal-mart...not the first time the Company is incompetent. In my opinion,any organization can make a mistakes. Wal-Mart does make some mistakes and Wal-Mart does a lot of things very well. Is Jenny the first Sooner to get caught shoplifting or get caught not following another law of the land? Of course not. So, do we all conclude that OU is incompetent? I hope not. You say, perhaps a friend took the stuff. Jenny was under surveillence by loss prevention. Why would they question the wrong person. If she was an accomplice, why weren't both people mentioned in the news story. I am sorry for Jenny, for our school, and for the Sooners that this incident occurred.

A mistake was made and Jenny, if found guilty, will be required to pay the consequences; unfortunately, so may the entire team.

shaun4411
7/16/2008, 10:21 AM
as a side note, coach Stoops said that this situation would be handled internally.

Echoes
7/16/2008, 12:26 PM
No. He doesn't.

Ground_Attack
7/16/2008, 01:40 PM

well that makes it at least 75% inacurat![hairGel]

CrimsonandCreamForever
7/16/2008, 02:20 PM
She was probably just cited and released since it was such a small amount. I am sure this is what happens to everyone, not just OU players.

I didn't mean to infer that there was any bribery going on, it was an allusion to the other big OU story from the last week or two about the media "reporting" false stories. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/17/2008, 06:59 AM
I have to disagree with you on part of what is said. You are correct when you say she is not guilty as of yet. A judge (or jury) will decide that issue. But you go on to say maybe it was a misunderstanding by Wal-mart...not the first time the Company is incompetent. In my opinion,any organization can make a mistakes. Wal-Mart does make some mistakes and Wal-Mart does a lot of things very well. Is Jenny the first Sooner to get caught shoplifting or get caught not following another law of the land? Of course not. So, do we all conclude that OU is incompetent? I hope not. You say, perhaps a friend took the stuff. Jenny was under surveillence by loss prevention. Why would they question the wrong person. If she was an accomplice, why weren't both people mentioned in the news story. I am sorry for Jenny, for our school, and for the Sooners that this incident occurred.

A mistake was made and Jenny, if found guilty, will be required to pay the consequences; unfortunately, so may the entire team.I agree, except her name is Jenna. Also, I doubt she gets booted for $35, but I hope Coale punishes her in some way.

KC//CRIMSON
7/17/2008, 10:50 AM
Bomar, Quinn, Granger, and now Plumley.

We have to be leading the nation in steals!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/gen3sooner/smilies/woot.gif

bri
7/17/2008, 11:07 AM
Heh.

MOOKIE LIVES!!!

GrapevineSooner
7/17/2008, 12:35 PM

Custodian

Cus.

To.

Di.

An.

Soonrboy
7/17/2008, 06:08 PM
wow...and she won't be playing this season. Ouch

badger
7/17/2008, 07:32 PM

A mistake was made and Jenny, if found guilty, will be required to pay the consequences; unfortunately, so may the entire team.
I gave her the extreme benefit of the doubt, leaving open possibilities that had a remote possibility. You know, since I'm an OU fan and all and didn't want her to be guilty... but also, because by nature and profession I'm skeptical. I don't believe that people are guilty upon the first police report or the first media report. I think that people have a right to prove their innocence until evidence proving beyond a reasonable doubt is presented. I presented each known scenario where Plumley could be declared innocent, as far fetched as they sounded (and I didn't appreciate you belittling tone)

But, since I weigh Coale's opinion very, very heavily, I have to think that she was guilty. Even if she wasn't, she was still caught in a bad situation that she shouldn't have placed herself in, a la Rufus Alexander's arrest pre-draft. At the very least, she was guilty of very poor judgment.

So, Jenna Plumley, I'm afraid that I'll never be posting the Mighty Mouse tribute anymore, but here's hoping you take this year off and come back stronger than ever.

I don't care how many Sooners are kicked off of the team for one game, for one season, forever. I want to be a school of integrity here and I'm proud that our coaching staffs are holding our athletes to a higher standard. I'm also sad that our athletes weren't holding themselves to higher standards.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/17/2008, 10:45 PM
From Sherri's statements, there is a lot more to this than stealing some makeup.