PDA

View Full Version : Darwin award video

soonerinabilene
7/15/2008, 10:31 AM
G4KrjRGHYtY&feature=related

other nominations will gladly be accepted.

StoopTroup
7/15/2008, 10:31 AM
Winner.

OUDoc
7/15/2008, 10:33 AM
It says he survived though.

soonerinabilene
7/15/2008, 10:38 AM
It says he survived though.

Well, survival of the fittest was one of Darwin's main points.

Widescreen
7/15/2008, 11:01 AM
Surprised the guy survived. The cabin looks like it was completely crushed.

Jimminy Crimson
7/15/2008, 03:00 PM
Surprised the guy survived. The cabin looks like it was completely crushed.

Maybe he was chillin' in the camper? :cool:

yermom
7/15/2008, 03:35 PM
Well, survival of the fittest was one of Darwin's main points.

not survival of the dumbest, to qualify i think you either need to die, or lose the ability to reproduce ;)

i can't believe someone lived through that, it looks like it totally crushed that truck

jkjsooner
7/15/2008, 04:36 PM
I nominate the guys in DC who were standing up (possibly on their seats) in the open air double decker bus and got smacked by an overpass.

TexasSooner01
7/15/2008, 04:47 PM
I just cant shake the feeling that he got dropped by his insurance company.

[insurance company] let me get this straight...you totalled your truck, wrecked your camper AND destroyed the bank...[insurance company]...

Boarder
7/15/2008, 04:59 PM
:les: IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT, RAM IT!

It only ripped the door and side of the cab. I bet it was super close to the driver and he got quite a pucker.

SoonerStormchaser
7/15/2008, 08:16 PM
My wife is wondering if that's what really happened to :dean:'s trailer...

BigRedJed
7/15/2008, 08:21 PM
I don't want to take away from the fact that dude's a moron and all, but that canopy had some pretty shoddy engineering/construction, if you ask me.

olevetonahill
7/15/2008, 08:24 PM
I don't want to take away from the fact that dude's a moron and all, but that canopy had some pretty shoddy engineering/construction, if you ask me.

I dont think you were asked :P

BigRedJed
7/15/2008, 08:44 PM
Well, if they WOULD have asked me, that thing would have peeled back the roof of that fifth wheel like a sardine can, and they wouldn't be scrambling to get it replaced right now. They would have been giving it a little patch/paint job. :P

olevetonahill
7/15/2008, 09:07 PM
Well, if they WOULD have asked me, that thing would have peeled back the roof of that fifth wheel like a sardine can, and they wouldn't be scrambling to get it replaced right now. They would have been giving it a little patch/paint job. :P

I dont think something Like that can be affordibly Built to those kinda speks
How about Just tellin Idjits to NOT drive under em ?

BigRedJed
7/15/2008, 09:28 PM
Like hell! It's called structural steel, my friend. That **** was a bunch of dryvit-covered steel stud nonsense, propped up on some masonry pillars, possibly with some wee steel tubing inside. The only thing keeping it from falling was its own inertia. As soon as the inertia was altered, whammo! I think a good windstorm would have taken that down, eventually.

BigRedJed
7/15/2008, 09:30 PM
But, like I said, dude is still a doofus of the highest order.

olevetonahill
7/15/2008, 09:47 PM
Didnt I say Affordably ?
Anything can be built to withstand anything Even Idjits :P
By the way I did build a Bank Building and Drive thru so I know a Little :P

Czar Soonerov
7/15/2008, 10:07 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjGfv2AeUss&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjGfv2AeUss&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sooner24
7/15/2008, 10:56 PM
Burglars video themselves breaking into home

Posted: July 15, 2008 09:05 AM CDT

http://kfor.images.worldnow.com/images/8676882_BG1.jpg

Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY - Two burglars who broke into a northwest Oklahoma City home left behind a camera showing one of them throwing a brick through a window to get into the house.

Police say the home owner found the broken window when she returned home Saturday and several items were missing.

She also found a digital camera which shows about 10 seconds of a man throwing the brick through the window.

The man can also be heard saying not to shoot video of him.

Police say the burglars entered the house through the broken window and one may have suffered a cut on the broken glass because a bloody pillowcase was found inside.

The two left through the back door.

http://www.koco.com/video/16883911/index.html

7/15/2008, 10:59 PM
I agree with Jed... the canopy should have been much more stable. Hard to believe city inspectors let that slip by. :rolleyes:

My only question, did he make off with any of the cash from the ATM?

Edit: not nearly enough to cover his damages... so yes, Darwinism in full play.

StoopTroup
7/15/2008, 11:52 PM
That guy on the motorcycle/cell phone has to be dead by now