PDA

View Full Version : Gitmo Video

StoopTroup
7/15/2008, 10:22 AM
This is about what I figured the Horrors of Gitmo would be like. :rolleyes: :pop:

Don't kill US Soldiers and you won't have to stay at Gitmo.

I don't feel sorry for him at all.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=8821792&ch=4226714&src=news

TORONTO - A 16-year-old captured in Afghanistan and held at Guantanamo Bay sobs during his questioning, holding up his wounded arms and begging for help in a video released Tuesday that provided the first glimpse of interrogations at the U.S. military prison.

"Help me," he cries repeatedly in despair.

The 10 minutes of video — selected by Omar Khadr's Canadian lawyers from more than seven hours of footage recorded by a camera hidden in a vent — shows Khadr weeping, his face buried in his hands, as he is questioned by Canadian intelligence agents over four days in 2003.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_on_re_ca/canada_guantanamo_detainee (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_on_re_ca/canada_guantanamo_detainee)

yermom
7/15/2008, 11:13 AM
This is about what I figured the Horrors of Gitmo would be like. :rolleyes: :pop:

Don't kill US Soldiers and you won't have to stay at Gitmo.

I don't feel sorry for him at all.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=8821792&ch=4226714&src=news

TORONTO - A 16-year-old captured in Afghanistan and held at Guantanamo Bay sobs during his questioning, holding up his wounded arms and begging for help in a video released Tuesday that provided the first glimpse of interrogations at the U.S. military prison.

"Help me," he cries repeatedly in despair.

The 10 minutes of video — selected by Omar Khadr's Canadian lawyers from more than seven hours of footage recorded by a camera hidden in a vent — shows Khadr weeping, his face buried in his hands, as he is questioned by Canadian intelligence agents over four days in 2003.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_on_re_ca/canada_guantanamo_detainee (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/ap_on_re_ca/canada_guantanamo_detainee)

also, don't ever talk to anyone that might have at some point maybe talked to anyone that is a terrorist

OUDoc
7/15/2008, 11:16 AM
also, don't ever talk to anyone that might have at some point maybe talked to anyone that is a terrorist

I don't like your tone.
You may be a terrorist.
;)

yermom
7/15/2008, 11:39 AM
so after actually reading the link, yeah, i don't really feel sorry for him either. i'm thinking throwing a grenade pretty much clears you of your minor status

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 12:59 PM
If somebody would have just rifle-butted this little **** and then stomped on his scrawny little neck until he quit squirming like he deserved back when he was 16 this would not be in the news.

**** him. Praise allah mother****er.

Okla-homey
7/15/2008, 01:24 PM
Okay. I'm gonna make one point.

We have evidence there are US and Canadian boys as young as 12 who were taken to Paki by their ex-pat fathers and placed in a madrasa. While there, over a period of a couple years, some kids can be brainwashed by their mullah masters into believing just about anything.

Therefore, if it is proven a US or Canadian kid was forced into the situation at a young age, and after a lengthy period of madrasa indoctrination acted as bid to by his mullah master, I'm not sure that kid is a traitor. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Please not, I'm not talking about that John Walker Lindh "American Taliban" punk. He went there willingly and was of age. He should rot in prison.

OUDoc
7/15/2008, 01:26 PM
Then the kids should give up the location of those POS fathers.
But it's an interesting point, homey.

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 01:29 PM

We have evidence there are US and Canadian boys as young as 12 who were taken to Paki by their ex-pat fathers and placed in a madrasa. While there, over a period of a couple years, some kids can be brainwashed by their mullah masters into believing just about anything.

Therefore, if it is proven a US or Canadian kid was forced into the situation at a young age, and after a lengthy period of madrasa indoctrination acted as bid to by his mullah master, I'm not sure that kid is a traitor. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Please not, I'm not talking about that John Walker Lindh "American Taliban" punk. He went there willingly and was of age. He should rot in prison.

This is a good point - but it's kinda from the 40,000 foot level. Down on the ground, a mother****er blows your **** up, you don't wait and ask if he's been brainwashed. You eliminate him.

SicEmBaylor
7/15/2008, 01:30 PM

Please not, I'm not talking about that John Walker Lindh "American Taliban" punk. He went there willingly and was of age. He should be executed.

Fixed.

Okla-homey
7/15/2008, 01:35 PM
This is a good point - but it's kinda from the 40,000 foot level. Down on the ground, a mother****er blows your **** up, you don't wait and ask if he's been brainwashed. You eliminate him.

No question. If he's on the battlefield, you light him up. I'm just saying, if he's in custody, we should take into account the circumstances of how he came to the battlefield.

soonerscuba
7/15/2008, 01:41 PM
So we torture and indefinitely hold minors? Good times. Thank God that place shuts down after W is gone.

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 01:44 PM
So we torture and indefinitely hold minors? Good times. Thank God that place shuts down after W is gone.

What part of "throwing a grenade into U.S. troops and killing some of them" do you not understand? Man, some people are pathetically thick.

soonerscuba
7/15/2008, 01:47 PM
What part of "throwing a grenade into U.S. troops and killing some of them" do you not understand? Man, some people are pathetically thick.
What part of the kid cannot be held at the US taxpayers expense without trial indefinitely do you not understand? Some people are pathetically thick. You forgot to call me a mo, you're off form today.

picasso
7/15/2008, 01:53 PM
What part of the kid cannot be held at the US taxpayers expense without trial indefinitely do you not understand? Some people are pathetically thick. You forgot to call me a mo, you're off form today.

he is thick. I've seen him.:D

you? you could be someone's Gramma for all I know.

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 01:53 PM

Looks to me like he CAN be held at US taxpayers expense without trial indefinitely. And if you're saying we should take him out back and put a bullet in his brain to get him off the taxpayers' plate then I'm with you.

He'll get his trial. Someday...

SicEmBaylor
7/15/2008, 01:59 PM
Looks to me like he CAN be held at US taxpayers expense without trial indefinitely. And if you're saying we should take him out back and put a bullet in his brain to get him off the taxpayers' plate then I'm with you.

He'll get his trial. Someday...

I agree.

If they're US citizens OR they're caught within the United States then they ought to be given constitutional protections; however, if he's caught on the battlefield and not a US citizen then there's absolutely no reason we should give them the right to anything.

Personally, I would extract as much information as we think we can get from them and then do exactly what Dean suggested -- take them out back and put a slug behind their ear.

Lott's Bandana
7/15/2008, 02:03 PM

I dunno scuba, it seems to me that whomever sits in the big cheese chair during their first post-inaugural intelligence briefing down in some secret hidey-hole always seems to come out with their anti-spook rhetoric very much toned down to a soft whisper. (see: WJC's milk-plant annihilation)

As a former holder of a security clearance that was so compartmentalized that the level of my clearance itself was classified, I can assure you there is some amazing chit we don't even begin to understand, that when exposed to, immediately transforms intellectual thinking permanently.

Whether it's JMac or BHO, things will be done differently but I expect with much more subtlety than the change-minions demand.

CrimsonandCreamForever
7/15/2008, 02:05 PM

Would you not agree that he forfeited any rights he may have been entitled to by throwing said grenade?

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 02:07 PM
Would you not agree that he forfeited any rights he may have been entitled to by throwing said grenade?

Of course he wouldn't agree. He lives somewhere between La La Land and Moscow.

Fugue
7/15/2008, 02:07 PM

No, it's our fault he threw the grenade.

:gary:

yermom
7/15/2008, 02:10 PM

actually, the Canadians do, we were filming, apparently

that whole thing just seems a little odd

soonerscuba
7/15/2008, 02:13 PM
Of course, although I think that being subjected to a secret military tribunal with evidence of accused crimes isn't exactly hard or damaging to national security.

Lott's Bandana
7/15/2008, 02:22 PM
Of course, although I think that being subjected to a secret military tribunal with evidence of accused crimes isn't exactly hard or damaging to national security.

Could be wrong, but since Gtmo is considered a combat zone, isn't it an extension of the battlefield and therefore there aren't accused crimes, or a tribunal...just continued "engagement" in a very historically unorthodox way? I don't recall Allied WWII POW's getting the services of attorneys in European camps, which were "administered" by Geneva Convention signees.

CrimsonandCreamForever
7/15/2008, 02:27 PM

And, of course, a military tribunal is going to compel this kid to tell us everything he knows. :rolleyes:

What is wrong with getting as much information from him as we can while we still have him in custody?

soonerscuba
7/15/2008, 02:32 PM
Could be wrong, but since Gtmo is considered a combat zone, isn't it an extension of the battlefield and therefore there aren't accused crimes, or a tribunal...just continued "engagement" in a very historically unorthodox way? I don't recall Allied WWII POW's getting the services of attorneys in European camps, which were "administered" by Geneva Convention signees.
I don't think that the comparison really fits in that Germans fought under a banner and the simple fact that everybody knew that WWII would end eventually. The War on Terror will never end, and the Bush administration admitting so would be more political suicide, which at this point, would probably help them.

Like I said, I think that it's a perfectly reasonable solution to go in front of a secret tribunal and be judged based on the evidence that lead to your detention. Also, just because we can find a justification not to do the right thing doesn't mean that it's the good thing to do.

soonerscuba
7/15/2008, 02:39 PM
And, of course, a military tribunal is going to compel this kid to tell us everything he knows. :rolleyes:

What is wrong with getting as much information from him as we can while we still have him in custody?
Because torture doesn't typically lead to good information and the damage caused by the technique alienates us further as a nation than we already were.

I don't think that everybody in Gitmo needs to be released, or that they are all innocent. Simply that it's a reasonable standard given the situation that they be held, questioned within the guide lines of the Geneva Convention, tried and then punished or released.

Also, to be blunt, I am not so naive as to think there are not things done in back rooms by the CIA that would give most Americans nightmares, but it shouldn't be a stated policy of the US government and shown on TV.

C&CDean
7/15/2008, 02:44 PM
Because torture doesn't typically lead to good information and the damage caused by the technique alienates us further as a nation than we already were.

I don't think that everybody in Gitmo needs to be released, or that they are all innocent. Simply that it's a reasonable standard given the situation that they be held, questioned within the guide lines of the Geneva Convention, tried and then punished or released.

Also, to be blunt, I am not so naive as to think there are not things done in back rooms by the CIA that would give most Americans nightmares, but it shouldn't be a stated policy of the US government and shown on TV.

The only thing I saw on TV was some kid bawling and saying "help me" and some lawyer saying "settle down, get some rest and something to eat and we'll continue in a while."

I didn't see any electrical wires to the scrote or anything.

SoonerJack
7/15/2008, 02:48 PM
Don't the rules of the Geneva convention apply only to uniformed enemy combatants or something similar?

Lott's Bandana
7/15/2008, 02:49 PM
The only thing I saw on TV was some kid bawling and saying "help me" and some lawyer saying "settle down, get some rest and something to eat and we'll continue in a while."

I didn't see any electrical wires to the scrote or anything.

You mean the lawyer's ballsack? That would be my choice...