PDA

View Full Version : Ncaa Football 2009

The_Red_Patriot
7/15/2008, 09:42 AM
Did anyone pick it up yet?

Dominique Franks is a stud on this game. Two KR TDs in my first game with him against Kansas.

I think the game is an improvement from last year.

College football begins today!

SoonerTroll
7/15/2008, 09:47 AM
ya i picked it up, it is great... so smooth

Mad Dog Madsen
7/15/2008, 10:01 AM

Dominique Franks is a stud on this game. Two KR TDs in my first game with him against Kansas.

Maybe you should take it off easy. :D

bstuff1979
7/15/2008, 10:03 AM
It's good stuff, but a quick PSA:

If you download rosters from this new EA Locker thing (on 360 or PS3) you really shouldn't edit anything. Yeah, A.English isn't supposed to be black and Bradford's got the wrong helmet...but it will screw up the game. It will freeze more often than not and teams will vanish. That's right, vanish. So...that sucks. Apparently there's some sort of patch coming soon.

SoonerTroll
7/15/2008, 10:09 AM
and the ou on the replay screeen is backwards

The_Red_Patriot
7/15/2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe you should take it off easy. :D

It was set on All American baby!

Ill will make the switch to Heisman after I get a couple more games in.

Widescreen
7/15/2008, 10:53 AM
If someone picks up the Wii version, please write a review. This is the 1st version on the Wii and I'm curious to see how the controls are.

The_Red_Patriot
7/15/2008, 10:58 AM
To be honest the graphics look really crappy. They kind of looked like Playstation or N64 graphics. I saw a guy playing it in the store and he said he hated the controls.

OUDoc
7/15/2008, 11:18 AM
To be honest the graphics look really crappy. They kind of looked like Playstation or N64 graphics. I saw a guy playing it in the store and he said he hated the controls.

For the Wii or the PS3/Xbox360 version?

bstuff1979
7/15/2008, 11:34 AM

He's got to be talking about the Wii. I've spent all of five minutes playing it prior to heading to work this morning, but it's pretty jaw-dropping for Xbox360.

Pricetag
7/15/2008, 01:16 PM
You're being way harsh on the graphics. Are they on par with PS3 or 360? No. They look like the PS2 version, which is a far cry from the N64 or PSX.

The control scheme is tough, though. I got Madden for it last year, and I just can't get used to the differences.

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 01:18 PM

DOMINIQUE FRANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looch
7/15/2008, 01:19 PM

Has to be Wii. It looked sweet on my PS3. It seemed to look better than the demo. (maybe because of the crimson on the screen)

You can't expect a wii to have good graphics. It just doesn't have the hardware to back it up.

setem
7/15/2008, 01:24 PM
It takes time. I was really good at xbox verstions then when I stepped up to the 360 I sucked something awful. I got pretty good at last years game after I had a chance to play it. This year even though the controls are just as tough it feels like a step back to the older versions. Not graphics wise... game play is thrown back if you ask me. They did fix the uniforms they dont look like they are from the 80's anymore.

The_Red_Patriot
7/15/2008, 01:29 PM
Talking about the Wii version.

I have it on 360 and I am very happy

bstuff1979
7/15/2008, 01:36 PM
I suggest everyone check out the "Stadium Sounds" option. You upload mp3's to your xbox/whatever and then plug them into the game for use in specific situations. ie, I've got a clip of the Owen Field "oooooooooooooooU..shotgun boom" for kickoff and the led zeppelin drum cadence mixed in when OU's on D. I'm just a little bummed that there isn't any option for pre-game music. I've been wondering what to do with this BubbaSparxxx Gameday clip I found and now it's kinda pointless. Also, the roster issue has apparently been a bit overblown. You can download a roster, but afterwards it is suggested that you only tinker with one, maybe two, teams. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble with game freezes.

looch
7/15/2008, 02:07 PM
This is going to sound really dumb, but how do you create new profiles for other people on PS3? We looked and couldn't find it. (Couldn't find it before or after beer, so it wasn't the beers fault.)

Anyone else had this problem

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/15/2008, 03:30 PM
All you Wii owners out there: If you're desperate for a college football game to fill the void between now and August 30th, spend about $3.99 and buy one of the NCAA's for GameCube. Best video game decision I ever made, and from the looks of the All-Play garbage that Wii owners are stuck with, you'd be better off anyway. Yeah, you don't get to play as the current OU squad, but I have no problem whatsoever having Jason White, Mark Clayton, and whoever the hell "HB #40" is supposed to be (I bought '04, so it's during that one-year void between Q and AD) on my squad. Just throw it on Dynasty Mode, play for a few years, and by the time 2008 rolls around, you'll be so awesome you don't care that your roster is inaccurate as you're trying for ADT Trophy #5.

bstuff1979
7/15/2008, 03:34 PM
All you Wii owners out there: If you're desperate for a college football game to fill the void between now and August 30th, spend about $3.99 and buy one of the NCAA's for GameCube. Best video game decision I ever made, and from the looks of the All-Play garbage that Wii owners are stuck with, you'd be better off anyway. Yeah, you don't get to play as the current OU squad, but I have no problem whatsoever having Jason White, Mark Clayton, and whoever the hell "HB #40" is supposed to be (I bought '04, so it's during that one-year void between Q and AD) on my squad. Just throw it on Dynasty Mode, play for a few years, and by the time 2008 rolls around, you'll be so awesome you don't care that your roster is inaccurate as you're trying for ADT Trophy #5.

HB #40 is technically Dane Zaslaw, but I'm guessing they probably meant Donta Hickson or Tashard Choice.

Widescreen
7/15/2008, 03:48 PM
You don't have to use the All Play stuff. I believe it's just an option.

All you Wii owners out there: If you're desperate for a college football game to fill the void between now and August 30th, spend about $3.99 and buy one of the NCAA's for GameCube.

I might consider that if you could use the Wii classic controllers but don't you have to use GC controllers? I don't really want to buy extra controllers. I'll probably just suck it up and get the Wii version.

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/15/2008, 04:54 PM
HB #40 is technically Dane Zaslaw, but I'm guessing they probably meant Donta Hickson or Tashard Choice.

Yeah...I thought of that too...problem with that is that Dane Zaslaw was a linebacker in '03...and a true freshman. They don't have anybody wearing 20, so my best drunken guess is that's it's a poor man's Kejuan. He's good, but not great, kinda like Kejuan. And small. For whatever reason, they just got the number wrong.

SbOrOiNaEnR
7/15/2008, 04:55 PM
I might consider that if you could use the Wii classic controllers but don't you have to use GC controllers? I don't really want to buy extra controllers. I'll probably just suck it up and get the Wii version.

I bought the '04, a wireless GC controller, and a memory card for $40...$10 cheaper than NCAA '09 for the Wii.

Widescreen
7/15/2008, 05:22 PM
I'd need 2 controllers. There goes the price benefit.

setem
7/15/2008, 05:46 PM
I just got the new one and the is awesome. The LSU play book is pretty bad ***. If you do not feel like playing with Lester's plays you can play with Navada and they have the same stuff I believe. I alway play with the pistol is gives Murray a better chance to hit the holes and see things open up. Florida's PB is pretty good too. The downloadble rosters is pretty bad *** too.

I gotta figure out how to celibrate thought.

bstuff1979
7/15/2008, 08:04 PM
I just got the new one and the is awesome. The LSU play book is pretty bad ***. If you do not feel like playing with Lester's plays you can play with Navada and they have the same stuff I believe. I alway play with the pistol is gives Murray a better chance to hit the holes and see things open up. Florida's PB is pretty good too. The downloadble rosters is pretty bad *** too.

I gotta figure out how to celibrate thought.

b button works, but it doesn't really do much of anything. I'm sure there's some other way to do it. The thing that I'm having issues with is running with Demarco. You'd think that it would be like driving a Ferrari, but I guess I need to learn how to drive stick.

JLEW1818
7/15/2008, 08:13 PM
NCAA 2009 Team Rankings

25- Wake Forest
24- Cincinnati
23- Oregon
22- Alabama
21- South Carolina
20- BYU
19- Tennessee
18- Illinois
17- Virgina Tech
16- Auburn
15- Kansas
14- Arizona State
13- Penn State
12- Texas Tech
11- Clemenson
10- Texas

9- Wisconsin
8- West Virgina
7- Missouri
6- LSU
5- Florida
4- USC
3- Ohio State
2- Oklahoma
1- Georgia

XFollower
7/16/2008, 08:18 AM
I picked up the WII version, and the best I can describe it is lame. I've had the PS2 versions up until last year, and they are significantly better than the $54 I spent on the WII version.

Pros:
-Using the two wii-mote and nunchuck adds something new
-All Play Mode

Cons
-Limited game modes
-no drills challenges like before
-graphics are worse than PS2s (stadiums are terrible)
-All Play Mode
-No online play

My thoughts may improve over time, but my expectations were much higher for an EA game. I'd say pass on buying this one.

ouradu
7/16/2008, 08:24 AM
wii people that have it -

so, is the All Play Mode that I'm hearing is pretty bad, is it the only thing you can do or is there a more "traditional" game play too?

XFollower
7/16/2008, 08:56 AM
You can turn off the all-play mode and play with full control. That's why I listed it above as a pro and a con.

wii people that have it -

so, is the All Play Mode that I'm hearing is pretty bad, is it the only thing you can do or is there a more "traditional" game play too?

OU Adonis
7/16/2008, 09:15 AM
It plays great on the 360. If anyone wants to join a league for the 360 please check my post in the SO.

ouradu
7/16/2008, 09:21 AM
so what do you mean by "limited game modes"?

SoonerinSouthlake
7/16/2008, 05:34 PM
so I bought it. And its fun

but WHY OH WHY do I fall for this every year.
Im happy that the Sooners are better on this years version. And their are a handful of minor upgrades.....

but this is the same game as it has been for 3 years. Im such an idiot for falling victim to EA's genius marketing ploy. When will I learn

....furthermore...when does Madden come out?

OU-HSV
7/16/2008, 10:21 PM
Okay, I'm naming my players and having a little trouble figuring out who LT #75 is (is that supposed to be Britt Mitchell?
And who is C # 57?? (is that supposed to be Ben Habern?)

And how come there's no player to make as Stephen Good??

Britt Mitchell left OU for the Marines, so I'll probably turn him into Stephen Good if LT # 75 is meant to be Britt.

Vegas Sooner
7/17/2008, 02:45 AM
PS3. It's tough, yet fair,...and disappointed in the controls.

Boffingham
7/17/2008, 03:47 AM
i'll play in a ps3 online dynasty...send me a pm

OUMallen
7/17/2008, 09:51 AM
can anyone tell me where to find and how to download and transfer a roster via my computer to USB drive to PS3?

BermudaSooner
7/17/2008, 11:00 AM
can anyone tell me where to find and how to download and transfer a roster via my computer to USB drive to PS3?

I would assume if you had a USB stick you could do it, but would have to be in the right format for the PS3 to use it. So actually I'm no help at all.

OUMallen
7/17/2008, 11:37 AM
Hehe, I could prolly google it but thought someone might be knowledgeable here too. :)

Theskipster
7/17/2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=256418

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

bosworthsteroidmafia
7/17/2008, 02:23 PM
I suggest everyone check out the "Stadium Sounds" option. You upload mp3's to your xbox/whatever and then plug them into the game for use in specific situations. ie, I've got a clip of the Owen Field "oooooooooooooooU..shotgun boom" for kickoff and the led zeppelin drum cadence mixed in when OU's on D. I'm just a little bummed that there isn't any option for pre-game music. I've been wondering what to do with this BubbaSparxxx Gameday clip I found and now it's kinda pointless. Also, the roster issue has apparently been a bit overblown. You can download a roster, but afterwards it is suggested that you only tinker with one, maybe two, teams. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble with game freezes.

I was wondering if you could post said mp3 clip of the "oooooooooooooooooU... shotgun boom"? You could use mediafire or sendspace... TIA! I have a 34 second .m4a file of Boomer Sooner from the Pride of OK that I think I can convert to .mp3 - I can post that too if there is any interest.

PS3 Users - Although there is a known issue with roster files/editing, I found a roster that will suffice for now until there is a patch. It is from gamerosters.com and includes only last names and first initials. You can find it in the EA Locker of gamertag Cadillacpaul75. Here is how you do it:

-On the main menu for NCAA Football 09, click ‘Online’
-Click on ‘EA Locker’
-Then enter in the desired Gamertag
-Inside the locker, you can download any roster files that they may have.
-After downloading the roster file, go to File Management and load the roster.

Enjoy!

*As a side note, even though this roster isn't completely perfect, I wouldn't edit anything (in the interest of not experiencing any of the reported roster glitches like disappearing players) until the patch and other rosters become available. As is, the file works fine.

XFollower
7/18/2008, 12:35 PM
In the previous versions on PS2 they had Campus Legend, Training/Drills challenges, and online. This WII version has play now, mascots, and dynasty. The more I play it, the more I feel ripped off. I tried swapping it at GameStop and they offered me $20, the word is out. Worst EA game ever, do not buy it.

I'll make someone a deal if they want it.

so what do you mean by "limited game modes"?

SOONERnTx
7/18/2008, 12:45 PM
also the last time i checked Phil Loadholt wasn't white!

OUMallen
7/18/2008, 03:08 PM
Anyone have a roster I can USB from the office to tak ehome?

boomersooner24
7/18/2008, 04:08 PM
i dont know if this has been pointed out yet..but in my dynasty...i went to program info for ou...and it says we have 5 conference championship....and 9 national championships lol

Sco
7/18/2008, 08:54 PM
Also, in the 2009 season they have us playing Colorado, Iowa State, and Mizzou....

setem
7/18/2008, 10:46 PM
I am not a happy camper!

I have a pretty solid O in this game. I run the Nevada playbook cause I love the Pistol. I am pretty good at it and I can move the ball well.

Defense in this game sucks donkey balls! The crossing routs and curls are unstoppable. I have looked it up online and I have read in a few places that their is a patching coming that will make the AI on D play better. I play online and passes to the HB or TE's and WR's in the flats pretty much can not be stopped unless you get lucky and one of your DB's gets pushed into the play.

I won my 1st 3 games and I am now on a 6 or 7 game losing streak. I have been playing guys who use nothing but flat passes and crossing routs. I am not the only one there is a huge outcry in the Xbox live community about the passing game being ridiculously easy. I can not stop anyone from passing!

GOD HELP ME PLEASE SEND A PATCH TO FIX THIS **** BEFORE I KILL MYSELF!

Collier11
7/18/2008, 10:54 PM
Im 3-0 with Georgia Tech on PS2, im just playing until I get the rosters then I will likely switch teams. BTW, the ps2 version didnt change one bit.

bstuff1979
7/19/2008, 12:11 AM
I am not a happy camper!

I have a pretty solid O in this game. I run the Nevada playbook cause I love the Pistol. I am pretty good at it and I can move the ball well.

Defense in this game sucks donkey balls! The crossing routs and curls are unstoppable. I have looked it up online and I have read in a few places that their is a patching coming that will make the AI on D play better. I play online and passes to the HB or TE's and WR's in the flats pretty much can not be stopped unless you get lucky and one of your DB's gets pushed into the play.

I won my 1st 3 games and I am now on a 6 or 7 game losing streak. I have been playing guys who use nothing but flat passes and crossing routs. I am not the only one there is a huge outcry in the Xbox live community about the passing game being ridiculously easy. I can not stop anyone from passing!

GOD HELP ME PLEASE SEND A PATCH TO FIX THIS **** BEFORE I KILL MYSELF!

Defense is a pain in the backside, but I think it has more to do with a bit of a slow rush along with an overly accurate qb. If you play your x's and o's right, most things can be stopped. The only thing that has really been able to break wide open on a far too consistent basis is the slip-screen. The button-hook routes are a little to high percentage, but if you man up on the wideouts it should nip that in the bud. If you know it's coming, play tight/bump and run and maybe even throw the nickleback into zone coverage on the strong side flat so you've got something in there to counter a play designed to crack cover3. Man Zone and Cover 3, two of the most under used and broken D's last year, are very good at doing what they're actually designed to do in reality and now in the game too. One good strategy, if the other guy/girl plays a straight game and knows football well enough not to call 4 straight hail-mary's, is cover 3 in nickle or 4-3 on first down and cover 2 or tampa 2 on 3rd. 2nd down just depends on what happens (as does 3rd to some degree). They won't dominate, but they won't give up a big play either. Just be careful of the slant routs in man, the tight end in cover 2, and the flats in cover 3. And if you want to stop the run, do not blitz your lb's. Ever. Unless you are positively sure they're running inside the tackles, this will/should place your safety as the only guy keeping the tailback from the endzone.

OU-HSV
7/19/2008, 12:51 AM
I'm starting my "Heisman level" OU dynasty tomorrow. I've played 3 games now, won each of them, so I'm ready to get the dynasty rolling.
Anyone notice that Landry Jones is pretty damn good? He was lighting sh*t up when I used him.

Sco
7/19/2008, 11:45 AM
Playing through legend before I get to dynasty. Won the first season's National Championship. 2nd year Mizzou got the best of me - had it tied up with 15 seconds to overtime and they broke away on a pass play. Ended up being Notre Dame and Boise State in the National Championship game! What the....

soonersn20xx
7/19/2008, 06:03 PM
Those guys at EA sports can goto hell, they refuse to make their NCAA game for PC. I will not be forced into buying a console to play just one game, when will these morons realize they are just losing sales.

setem
7/20/2008, 05:35 PM
I have been using the 3-3-5 playbook. The 3-2-6 out of the Dime using DE Contain pretty much stops everything if played right. Running plays can be held to short and maybe no yards.

User control Reynolds on the right side and rove the middle. The flats are covered well by DB's and passed the HB can be held up with the DE's. I beat a level 6 yesterday. The game ended with a 21 skunk!

Collier11
7/20/2008, 05:57 PM
I will have access to rosters for ps2 soon, once they are up Ill let you all in on my secret ;)

bstuff1979
7/20/2008, 11:30 PM
I have been using the 3-3-5 playbook. The 3-2-6 out of the Dime using DE Contain pretty much stops everything if played right. Running plays can be held to short and maybe no yards.

User control Reynolds on the right side and rove the middle. The flats are covered well by DB's and passed the HB can be held up with the DE's. I beat a level 6 yesterday. The game ended with a 21 skunk!

I'm going to have to check out this 30-stack D. I've come close to just flat out swearing off any kind of game against folks using FSU, Mizzou, or usc. Those seem to be the teams of choice for expletive-deleted types of guys. You know, the drop back 20 yards and check the crossing routes before launching to the guy running the fly-route. usc is seemingly unstoppable with this wideout #1 guy and McKnight at tailback with speed that wold make Noel Devine blush. FSU is something I cannot explain. They're like the NE Pats in videogame-land. It's mind-boggling. I've lost 4 straight now, all to usc. I'm hoping the 30-stack will do the trick. Can't say I've got the nerve to throw a 4-2-5 against it, but after the 30 that's the final attempt.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/21/2008, 04:10 AM
I'm proud to say that I took SUC down tonight (I had OU; my friend had SUC). SUC jumped out to a 20-7 first-half lead before Sam hit Iglesias on a long-bomb hail mary to end the half. Then OU took control in the second half, opening up a 28-20 lead and never trailing after that, rolling on to a 35-26 win. Murray broke off a pair of long TD runs to ice the game.
Earlier in the evening, my South Carolina Gamecocks beat his Mississippi State Bulldogs, 16-10, in overtime on a strange play. S.C. has the ball first but is held to a field goal. I make the FG but get called for holding. Then my next FG attempt falls just short of the crossbar. Which means MSU gets the ball and all the 'Dogs need to do is score and the game is theirs. But I pound their halfback on a running play, knocking the ball loose and one of my defenders picks it up and takes it to the house. Greatness.
If there's one thing I've noticed about this year's version (PS2), it's that the refs call a few more flags than normal. A lot of ticky-tack stuff gets called.

The VIIIth
7/21/2008, 02:07 PM

Renaldo Works...?

setem
7/21/2008, 03:55 PM
3-2-6 is the sickest D in the game! I had 5 int's against a level 3 today!

Collier11
7/21/2008, 04:08 PM
whats a level 3? This isnt Zelda ;)

setem
7/21/2008, 04:14 PM
Online you move up levels as you win games. I have only played 8 games so I am still a level 1. I try and play high level players so I can get more points.

bstuff1979
7/22/2008, 01:11 PM
Online you move up levels as you win games. I have only played 8 games so I am still a level 1. I try and play high level players so I can get more points.

As a suggestion, do not, under any circumstances, play anyone that uses usc, FSU, or Mizzou. Mizzou is understandable, with the TE and WR's combo as well as Chasey's scrambling. FSU, for reasons unknown to anyone, is on par with 2001 miami. The numbers/ratings won't really indicate this (although they do have a 99 d...?!?!), but this Christian Ponder (?) plays like a regular season Jason White despite his ratings in the high 80's. usc's qb is another big "HUH?" with Sanchez. The tailback, McKnight (?) is like Noel Devine with an extra step. Guys using these teams will take advantage of the lack of a pass rush and drop back 20 yards and wait for the zone to break or switch up to slants and x'ing patters if you're in man. It's total junk and a waste of an hour.

SoonerinSouthlake
7/23/2008, 12:19 AM
As a suggestion, do not, under any circumstances, play anyone that uses usc, FSU, or Mizzou. Mizzou is understandable, with the TE and WR's combo as well as Chasey's scrambling. FSU, for reasons unknown to anyone, is on par with 2001 miami. The numbers/ratings won't really indicate this (although they do have a 99 d...?!?!), but this Christian Ponder (?) plays like a regular season Jason White despite his ratings in the high 80's. usc's qb is another big "HUH?" with Sanchez. The tailback, McKnight (?) is like Noel Devine with an extra step. Guys using these teams will take advantage of the lack of a pass rush and drop back 20 yards and wait for the zone to break or switch up to slants and x'ing patters if you're in man. It's total junk and a waste of an hour.

other than the aforementioned teams....Id say dont use the Sooners either. The team is too good. Once you stop the opposing player for 2-3 straight series, and if you put any points on the board, the other ONLINE player will quit. Pi***s me off...any time I play against someone and seem to hold them a few times, they bail out...usually they just turn their machine off so it a "lost connection" issue instead of DNF.

Collier11
7/23/2008, 12:59 AM
You can download the Ps2 rosters here for free, the guy doesnt even ask for donations. Just look for the thread titled Kle's ps2 rosters, you dont have to register to download either.

http://www.operationsports.com/mm/forumdisplay.php?f=8

looch
7/23/2008, 08:20 AM
whats a level 3? This isnt Zelda ;)

Um, you don't play online do you? Level 3 is referring to EA's online rating system. You have to have like 30 and 5 record or something similar.

I almost got to level 2 in Madden 07, but have never got close again.

bosworthsteroidmafia
7/23/2008, 10:15 AM
In the couple online, ranked matches that I've played as OU, everyone and their mother wants to play me as WVU. I was okay with it at first and have split the series, but it can be frustrating when all opponents seem to do is drop back 20 yards with White and run a halfback flat screen to Devine every time. I combat this by running either a 3-2-6 DE Contain or a prevent scheme with a lot of DBs; and then rely on precision tackling. I'm wondering what others do against teams with fast scrambling QBs like WVU.

Also: go to the EA locker of PSN Users TEAM_LA or
CrazyStarscream for the newest 116 team roster for PS3.

shaun4411
7/23/2008, 11:26 AM
i do believe i shall purchase this lovely game tonight.

SoonersEnFuego
7/23/2008, 05:49 PM
No, HB #40 was Kejuan Jones when he was actually #20. Made that change immediately.

illinisooner
7/23/2008, 06:19 PM
There should be a patch you can download which automatically makes the QB trip and fall as soon as he runs backward for the 20 yard behind the line of scrimmage bomb pass. Can't believe they've never done this, it has caused so many broken controllers and roommates to want to kill each other. Sure, there are always "cheats" (the old toss sweep spin in Madden a few years back, the wrap around in NHL 94, etc) but this one sucks. And while they're at it, improving offensive line/lead blocking should be a top priority! I can't count how many times I run out of the I (yes, I grew up a Big 10 guy) where my fullback just runs away from blockers and goes for the corner 10 yards upfield, meanwhile I get crunched by two linebackers at full speed.

looch
8/1/2008, 09:57 AM
So I held a Big 12 online dynasty with several friends. I lost to Texas with OU and Texas ended up beating Missouri in the Big 12 championship. Anyhow, 4 Big 12 teams finished the regular season all with one loss.

Guess who plays USC in the NC game?

Tulsa!!! How in the hell could an undefeated Tulsa beat out 4 one loss Big 12 teams for the BCS game!?!?

In the end USC destroyed Tulsa and all of us have yet another season to play. We will also be moving to Heisman instead of All-American because the Missouri and Tech teams complained about blow outs. I expect that they will just throw more pics and lose more now because they don't know how to run.

sooner518
8/1/2008, 11:08 AM
I expect that they will just throw more pics and lose more now because they don't know how to run.

Sounds pretty realistic to me

The VIIIth
8/18/2008, 09:14 PM
I'm starting my "Heisman level" OU dynasty tomorrow. I've played 3 games now, won each of them, so I'm ready to get the dynasty rolling.
Anyone notice that Landry Jones is pretty damn good? He was lighting sh*t up when I used him.

What number is Jones on the EA roster? Do you by any chance have a roster just for OU that could be emailed or simply posted here? I bet there's more than just myself who would be highly appreciative.

Dude...

viii

OU-HSV
8/18/2008, 10:13 PM
What number is Jones on the EA roster? Do you by any chance have a roster just for OU that could be emailed or simply posted here? I bet there's more than just myself who would be highly appreciative.

Dude...

viii

I can't remember what number the original EA roster had Landry as,maybe 20??...I'm thinking he was one of them I had to change numbers of. But I remember it won't let you have Landry and Box as #12 so you have to make a decision there.
The QBs weren't hard to figure out. I believe I changed Keith Nichol into Nimmo. As far as Landry is concerned, go into the roster and look for the one who is listed as a QB from New Mexico. They got his home state correct I'm almost sure of that. Next time I turn my game on I'll try to see if it lets me look at the original default EA roster the way it looked before I edited the players myself.

The VIIIth
8/19/2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks man, spek spek.

TopDawg
8/19/2008, 06:36 PM
Franks is pretty awesome...but Murray is my KR threat. Franks is just an oskie machine. I'm on Heisman and just finished the Nebraska game and he's already set the season record for INTs.

I play a 4-team dynasty and I try to pick 3 of the weakest teams from different parts of the country to fill the other spots. This year I've got Army, Utah State and Eastern Michigan. At one point, playing on Heisman, each of those teams was 6-1. Since then Army has moved to 7-1, EMU is now 6-2 and Utah State is 6-3. But still...kinda crazy. Mostly because I've been able to take advantage of the flats. If it doesn't get more difficult, I'm going to up the defensive awareness numbers for the CPU.

I've never done online play, but hearing the stories makes me cringe. I'd only want to play against friends who are too proud to do the gimmicky stuff.

Things I've noticed: passing is easier like some of you have mentioned, but you have to know your stuff. It's harder to get to a QB who stays in the pocket, easier to get to one that leaves (unless it's a Pat White or something). That sounds about right.

I love the new gameplay additions and modifications except that the running animation seems like it's taken a step back. I can't explain it, it just seems worse. The jukes and stuff are more dynamic, but the running looks worse.

Defenders seem to fall down more often when being blocked. That makes kick returns much more dangerous this year.

If you blitz, you better have good DBs. Not just good in coverage, but good at tackling. It's easier (at least for the CPU) to break tackles this year and one missed tackle on a slant can lead to six much easier than in the past. Seems more realistic in that respect.